|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six - Serpents, Chapters 40 through 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sandy's initial reaction to Carl's gift?
(a) She says it is too small for her neck.
(b) She says she can't drive stick shift.
(c) She does not want it.
(d) She is thrilled.
2. What does Willard nail to a cross in the prayer clearing?
(a) The lawyer's rotting skeleton.
(b) The pages from a Bible.
(c) The miscarried baby Charlotte had the year before.
(d) Jack's carcass.
3. Why does Arvin think he does not have to pray?
(a) Because his father rejected god by killing himself.
(b) Because Lenora does enough for them both.
(c) Because his mama died which proves pray does not work.
(d) Because he does not need prayers.
4. What does Arvin do for hours one night when his father sends him to the prayer log?
(a) Sleeps on the blood soaked ground.
(b) Curses his father.
(d) Shouts his prayers.
5. What does Arvin find in the prayer clearing after waking?
(a) The prayer clearing cleaned up and his father sitting despondent.
(b) His father and another man fighting.
(c) His father dead of suicide.
(d) His father crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bus make a stop on Willard's way home?
2. Where does Willard later take Arvin?
3. Who do Carl and Sandy pick up after their fourth young man?
4. With whom does Arvin go to live after his father's death?
5. What job does Arvin get after high school graduation?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)