|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Sacrifice, Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what are Arvin and his father seated?
(a) They are standing on mounting blocks to reach the back of the horses.
(b) A maple bench.
(c) An oak log.
(d) On top of a hay bale.
2. What does Willard begin doing again?
(a) Making Arvin stay home from school to pray.
(b) Sacrificing animals.
(c) Giving Charlotte quake medicines to try to help her.
(d) Making Arvin stay with his grandmother during the week days.
3. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
(a) Not tell his mother about the incident.
(b) Get his mother a bracelet to wear with the silk.
(c) Be as tough as his dad.
(d) Learn to be more forgiving than his father.
4. With whom is it rumored that Edith is involved sexually?
(a) The preacher who is married.
(b) The principal at the school.
(c) A black handyman.
(d) The town's general contractor.
5. Who does Willard shoot and kill as a mercy?
(a) A young boy who has lost the lower half of his body.
(b) A soldier who is fatally wounded by a grenade.
(c) A soldier who is skinned and crucified.
(d) A soldier who is smashed under a tank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theodore bring to a church revival?
2. What is the result of how others in the area see Arvin?
3. Who greets Willard when he arrives home?
4. What does Lee ask Arvin?
5. Why does Willard start killing animals?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)