|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Sacrifice, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willard decide he is going to do after watching his father?
(a) Get his mother a bracelet to wear with the silk.
(b) Learn to be more forgiving than his father.
(c) Not tell his mother about the incident.
(d) Be as tough as his dad.
2. What does Willard explain to his son about Willard's actions?
(a) He is cheating a scoundrel who deserves it.
(b) He wants to increase the cow herd so Willard has some inheritance.
(c) It is sometimes necessary to choose the time and place to fight back.
(d) His mother wants to go to her niece's wedding looking nicely.
3. Who stops by where Arvin and his father are?
(a) The pastor.
(b) The game warden.
(c) One of Arvin's uncles.
(d) Two hunters.
4. What is said about Charlotte?
(a) That Charlotte is the prettiest woman he'd ever seen.
(b) That Charlotte is going to be hard to get married off being so plain.
(c) That Charlotte is expecting again.
(d) That Charlotte is keeping company with the wrong sort.
5. What does Arvin's father tell Arvin to do about the situation with other?
(a) Start saying no.
(b) Stand up for himself.
(c) To stop thinking so highly of himself.
(d) Realize that others just are jealous of his brilliance and take it as a compliment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma learn about Willard that makes her believe God has truly forgiven her for breaking her bargain with God?
2. Who greets Willard when he arrives home?
3. Why doesn't Arvin's father respond how Arvin expected?
4. What does Arvin consider the event that he witnesses?
5. What does Arvin expect of his father after hearing the statement about Charlotte?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)