|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Sacrifice, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arvin feel about his father's reaction to the statement about Charlotte?
(a) Arvin is disappointed.
(b) Arvin is certain his father will do something when it's appropriate to do so.
(c) Arvin is outraged that his father is not listening.
(d) Arvin admires his father's calmness.
2. What does Theodore say he once did?
(a) Tried to kill his brother.
(b) Hit his mother.
(c) Tried to get out of the draft.
(d) Tried to kill himself.
3. What is the year of the opening of the first chapter?
4. Who is Charlotte?
(a) Arvin's mother.
(b) Arvin's oldest sister.
(c) Arvin's aunt who is married to the uncle who stops by.
(d) Arvin's younger sister.
5. Who does Willard's mother promise God to marry Willard off to if he survived the war?
(a) Helen Willoughby.
(b) Charlotte Willoughby.
(c) Helen Hatton.
(d) Isabella Fernandez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by where Arvin and his father are?
2. What does Arvin's father tell Arvin to do about the situation with other?
3. What is said about Charlotte?
4. What does Arvin expect of his father after hearing the statement about Charlotte?
5. What does Arvin consider the event that he witnesses?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)