|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Family Under Attack," who told Ted Donovan to contact Ed Warren to help with his family's situation?
2. In "A Servant of Lucifer," the Warrens explain that a diabolical attack was one that was done by not just demonic spirits, but the hierarchy of __________, including devils.
3. The author asserts that one curious aspect to a diabolical siege is that __________ is/are a taboo item to the demonic spirit; only the most menacing and blasphemous of entities will dare to move them.
4. What city in England do the Warrens maintain was a spiritually active place?
5. In "A Servant of Lucifer," a young man named Alan claimed his girlfriend, Lonnie, became enraged, her face changed to that of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss Patty Donovan's obsession with the Ouija board.
2. How can true cases of diabolical possession be differentiated from mental illness?
3. The entity that possessed both Lonnie and Charlene stated that it worshiped Diane. Who was Diane?
4. How did the monk explain the unnatural phenomena that occurred at the Donovan's home?
5. Recount the events that occurred to the Donovan family on April Fool's Day of 1974.
6. Briefly discuss Wicca.
7. Why were diabolical attacks so dangerous?
8. What were the distinct stages to demoniacal activity? In what order do these stages occur?
9. On Thursday, April 18, 1974, when Ed asked the demon "In the name of Jesus Christ, are you a demonic spirit?" How did the spirit reply?
10. Why did demonic activity occur in threes? Give three examples.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast ghosts to demons, as described in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the significance of Chapter 10 of the gospel of Saint Luke to demonology and to the book "The Demonologist" as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the relation between Patty Donovan and the demonic spirit illuminates the meaning of the book "The Demonologist."
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)