|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Family Under Attack," the spirit Patty spoke with became her "__________," and she asked it to appear.
2. The Warren's car accident occurred in the Poconos, in a place they called the __________ Valley, according to "The Enfield Voices."
3. Oppression strategy can best be summed up in one word : __________ , according to the author.
4. Ed Warren found out in "The Entity Returns" that Charlene was a(n) __________ for communication between the demonic and the human realm.
5. In "A Servant of Lucifer," Ed avowed that the essence of __________ witchcraft was a pact with the devil.
Short Essay Questions
1. Recount the events that occurred to the Donovan family on April Fool's Day of 1974.
2. On Thursday, April 18, 1974, when Ed asked the demon "In the name of Jesus Christ, are you a demonic spirit?" How did the spirit reply?
3. What was unique about the Charlene Rand case?
4. According to Lorraine, was it possible to make contact with friends and relatives who had died?
5. Briefly discuss Wicca.
6. Discuss the Warren's theory of a major case of diabolical possession as detailed in "The Enfield Voices." Give an example.
7. When possession occurred, what was noticeable about the affected individual, according to the Warrens?
8. According to Ed, did the demonic spirit always manifest as a black mass? Explain.
9. Briefly discuss Patty Donovan's obsession with the Ouija board.
10. Why did demonic activity occur in threes? Give three examples.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the organizational structure of "The Demonologist." Is this book chronologically written? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the newspaper article in the Hartford Courant that Lorraine speaks about in the chapter "One More Question Please" to the overall meaning and understanding of "The Demonologist."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the relation between Patty Donovan and the demonic spirit illuminates the meaning of the book "The Demonologist."
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)