|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following kept turning on in the Hillman's home according to Dee's story in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas" except which one?
2. According to the "Foreword," what is the term for a supernatural, incorporeal, rational being or personality, usually regarded as imperceptible at ordinary times to the human senses, but capable of becoming visible at pleasure and frequently conceived as troublesome, terrifying, or hostile to mankind?
3. Lorraine revealed that the __________ was caused by a tragedy in the life of an individual, where death occurs suddenly or under very traumatic circumstances.
4. In the "Author's Preface," __________ reiterates his belief that all information presented in the book was true.
5. In "Unnatural Phenomena," who was the long-time friend of Ed and Lorraine who was a Franciscan friar and professor of theology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference between parapsychology and demonology?
2. What was psychokinesis? Explain.
3. Based on the information Donna and Angie give to the Warrens, was the Raggedy Ann doll possessed? Explain.
4. As the story of Ed and Lorraine's lives unfolded, discuss the two main impressions that came out very clearly to the author.
5. What unusual phenomena occurred when Lorraine tried to call the Hillmans in the beginning of "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
6. According to Ed, did Jesus speak about ghosts, spirits, demons, and/or possessions?
7. Why were the Warrens planning to take a trip to the United Kingdom at the beginning of "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
8. Who informed the Warrens of the Annabelle case? Why were the Warrens contacted?
9. According to the Warrens, was the supernatural a scientific matter?
10. What problems occurred at West Point that requires the help of the Warrens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of demonic spirits. Then, explain how this history is important to the understanding of "The Demonologist" as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Take a stance on whether or not you believe possession of an individual is or is not a psychological problem.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the relation between Patty Donovan and the demonic spirit illuminates the meaning of the book "The Demonologist."
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)