|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter "Unnatural Phenomena," who said, "That's it, I'm not even going to mention the subject of demonology anymore...I'm not going to let people make a farce out of the serious work the specialist clergy does in this field"?
2. The author states in the "Foreword" that to meet pleasant people in the midst of trouble and confusion was always a(n) __________ experience.
3. Over the course of some three decades, Ed and Lorraine Warren have investigated how many paranormal and supernatural disturbances?
4. Lorraine and Ed Warren were how old when they got married?
5. The "Foreword" reveals that the God of the Bible was the God of __________ who described Satan as the Father of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Warrens, what did a ghost look like?
2. Briefly discuss the dreams Lou had because of Annabelle.
3. As the story of Ed and Lorraine's lives unfolded, discuss the two main impressions that came out very clearly to the author.
4. Was "The Demonologist" based on actual events? What has been altered in the book? Explain.
5. How have the Warrens' experiences been proven and who documented their experiences? Who reviewed "The Demonologist" for accuracy?
6. Discuss the warning Reverend John C. Hughes gives to the reader in his "Foreword."
7. What was psychokinesis? Explain.
8. When did Lorraine notice she was clairvoyant? Explain.
9. Who was Annabelle? Whom did she belong to? How did she get the name Annabelle?
10. How did Ed get involved in demonology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Occult and how the Occult can bring about demonic activity.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the newspaper article in the Hartford Courant that Lorraine speaks about in the chapter "One More Question Please" to the overall meaning and understanding of "The Demonologist."
Essay Topic 3
Ed Warren admits he is not a holy man, and states that demonic spirits do not necessarily dictate the existence of God. Discuss whether or not you agree with this statement. Would a belief that demonic spirits exist be possible without a belief in God? Why?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)