|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Unnatural Phenomena," who was the long-time friend of Ed and Lorraine who was a Franciscan friar and professor of theology?
2. Ed Warren proclaimed that __________ was a virtual doorway to the supernatural, as it had been for hundreds of years.
3. Who wrote the following excerpt found in the beginning of the Chapter "Of Unworldly Origin" : "Of all the common and familiar objects of conversation that are entered upon in company, of things remote from nature and cut off from the senses, there is none so ready to hand, none so unusual, as that of spirits; and whether what is said of them is true"?
4. In "Art and Apparitions, " Ed said, "One of the most perplexing things to happen to me as a child was that I would have dreams of __________coming to speak to me."
5. Annabelle in the Chapter "Annabelle" was a(n) __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. The author includes a dialogue between Ed and a demonic entity that had been recorded. Briefly identify the demonic entity to which Ed was speaking with in " Of Unworldly Origin."
2. What was the name of the man that Lorraine visualizes in her clairvoyant state while in a room at West Point? Who was the man?
3. Why were the Warrens planning to take a trip to the United Kingdom at the beginning of "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
4. Briefly discuss the dreams Lou had because of Annabelle.
5. What problems occurred at West Point that requires the help of the Warrens?
6. Briefly discuss the strange phenomena that occurred in Ed's office shortly before the investigation of the Lutz' house.
7. What was psychokinesis? Explain.
8. When did Lorraine notice she was clairvoyant? Explain.
9. How have the Warrens' experiences been proven and who documented their experiences? Who reviewed "The Demonologist" for accuracy?
10. Based on the information Donna and Angie give to the Warrens, was the Raggedy Ann doll possessed? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Anneliese Michel and her case to the overall meaning of "The Demonologist."
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Occult and how the Occult can bring about demonic activity.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast a demonic attack to a diabolical attack. Use specific examples and cases from the book to justify your answer.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)