|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "Authors Preface," what causes one's spirit to tremble?
2. "The Demonologist" is a story about the experiences and beliefs of the __________.
3. What unusual occurrence did Dee and Bob experience in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas" when they ran outside their home because of the paranormal activity going on inside their home?
4. According to Ed in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas," he always carried a relic of __________for protection.
5. The author suggests in "Art and Apparitions" that communication with a ghostly entity ordinarily took place by means of ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Warrens planning to take a trip to the United Kingdom at the beginning of "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
2. What was psychokinesis? Explain.
3. Discuss one of the most perplexing things that happened to Ed as a child as described in "Art and Apparations."
4. Discuss the warning Reverend John C. Hughes gives to the reader in his "Foreword."
5. The author includes a dialogue between Ed and a demonic entity that had been recorded. Briefly identify the demonic entity to which Ed was speaking with in " Of Unworldly Origin."
6. As the story of Ed and Lorraine's lives unfolded, discuss the two main impressions that came out very clearly to the author.
7. Briefly discuss the dreams Lou had because of Annabelle.
8. Was "The Demonologist" based on actual events? What has been altered in the book? Explain.
9. According to Ed, did Jesus speak about ghosts, spirits, demons, and/or possessions?
10. Who informed the Warrens of the Annabelle case? Why were the Warrens contacted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the demonology. What role does a demonologist have? What is a demonologists educational background?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the black veil to the chapters "A Servant of Lucifer" and "The Entity Returns".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast ghosts to demons, as described in this book.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)