|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's demon possessed Charlene in "The Entity Returns"?
(c) The Hillman's.
2. Ed Warren details that when possession occurs, an inhuman possessing entity moves into the body of the person, sometimes through the __________, but more often from the individual's __________-hand side, entering at the base of the __________.
(a) Mouth / left / tongue.
(b) Solar plexus / left / neck.
(c) Heart / right / diaphragm.
(d) Ear canal / right / ear drum.
3. The author affirms at the end of "Oppression : The Strategy Revealed" that the Amityville case took place during the __________ season.
4. The author asserts that one curious aspect to a diabolical siege is that __________ is/are a taboo item to the demonic spirit; only the most menacing and blasphemous of entities will dare to move them.
(b) Star of David.
(c) Rosary beads.
(d) Virgin Mary.
5. Who encouraged Ted Donovan to contact a priest to help with their situation in "A Family Under Attack"?
(a) Ted's mother.
(c) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Soul in Hostage," who noted that "Whatever skeptics, unbelievers and the ill-informed may think, demonopathic manifestations are not extinct; we still observe the phenomena which startled and alarmed our forefathers, but with a critical sense and knowledge they did not possess"?
2. Ed Warren found out in "The Entity Returns" that Charlene was a(n) __________ for communication between the demonic and the human realm.
3. Oppression strategy can best be summed up in one word : __________ , according to the author.
4. In "A Servant of Lucifer," the Warrens explain that a diabolical attack was one that was done by not just demonic spirits, but the hierarchy of __________, including devils.
5. Lorraine explains that Wicca - or witchcraft - is often called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss Wicca.
2. Recount the events that occurred to the Donovan family on April Fool's Day of 1974.
3. How can true cases of diabolical possession be differentiated from mental illness?
4. What did the term "exorcism" mean? What religions performed exorcisms? What exorcism ritual were most people familiar with?
5. When possession occurred, what was noticeable about the affected individual, according to the Warrens?
6. Briefly discuss the destruction the demonic entity caused to the Donovan's home.
7. What was the prime objective of demonic oppression?
8. How did Ed explain internal oppression of which occurred to Patty Donovan?
9. Why did demonic activity occur in threes? Give three examples.
10. According to the Warrens, what was the effect on human beings who had been through an episode with the demonic spirit?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)