|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's demon possessed Charlene in "The Entity Returns"?
(a) The Hillman's.
2. According to Ed, __________ tends to see all cases of oppression and possession as being the manifestation of one or another type of mental disorder.
3. The author states that next to exorcism, __________ is perhaps the most dangerous business on earth.
4. In "A Soul in Hostage," Ed retold the story of a boy who was committed in a New York state mental hospital for __________, but he was actually possessed.
(a) Intermittent explosive disorder.
5. The author affirms at the end of "Oppression : The Strategy Revealed" that the Amityville case took place during the __________ season.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Soul in Hostage," Ed explained that a __________ year old woman in West Germany died during a highly unusually long exorcism from undernourishment.
2. Ed explains that the demonic spirit is driven to posses both by its hatred of __________ and its desire to escape __________.
3. Lorraine affirms in "The Enfield Voices" that Ed owes his safety to __________, whose presence was sometimes shown to them in positive symbolic signs.
4. Ed revealed that the Lutzes were able to move out their home after __________ of terror, while the Enfield case had to deal with their disturbance for __________.
5. In "A Family Under Attack," on April Fool's Day, it rained __________ on the Donovan's house.
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the destruction the demonic entity caused to the Donovan's home.
2. When possession occurred, what was noticeable about the affected individual, according to the Warrens?
3. What was the prime objective of demonic oppression?
4. Briefly discuss Patty Donovan's obsession with the Ouija board.
5. According to the Warrens, what was the effect on human beings who had been through an episode with the demonic spirit?
6. What was unique about the Charlene Rand case?
7. What were the distinct stages to demoniacal activity? In what order do these stages occur?
8. What was Ed's reasoning as to why spirits had such a violent reaction to holy water?
9. According to Ed, did the demonic spirit always manifest as a black mass? Explain.
10. Why did Anneliese die after enduring six months of exorcism?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)