|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Foreword," what is the term for a supernatural, incorporeal, rational being or personality, usually regarded as imperceptible at ordinary times to the human senses, but capable of becoming visible at pleasure and frequently conceived as troublesome, terrifying, or hostile to mankind?
2. According to Lou in "Annabelle," what did the doll do to him?
(a) Give him bad dreams.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Stares at him.
(d) Lick him.
3. In the "Author's Preface," __________ reiterates his belief that all information presented in the book was true.
(a) Walter Abish.
(b) David Bradley.
(c) Aaron Elkins.
(d) Gerald Brittle.
4. Ed Warren asserts that inhuman spirits often identify itself as __________.
(a) A child.
(b) The devil.
5. Who admitted seeing their first ghost as a child, and after that, sought more information about the supernatural in "Art and Apparations"?
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following kept turning on in the Hillman's home according to Dee's story in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas" except which one?
2. Ed Warren proclaimed that PK was often demonstrated by those __________ and can cause the movement of objects, as can electromagnetic forces or electricity.
3. Over the course of some three decades, Ed and Lorraine Warren have investigated how many paranormal and supernatural disturbances?
4. According to the Hillman's children in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas," how many times had they experienced the strange phenomena?
5. What unusual sound had Mr. and Mrs. Hillman experienced at night according to their testimony in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the dreams Lou had because of Annabelle.
2. How can the Warrens know if an intelligence was truly behind the disturbance, when that external agent was invisible? Give an example.
3. Who informed the Warrens of the Annabelle case? Why were the Warrens contacted?
4. Who was Annabelle? Whom did she belong to? How did she get the name Annabelle?
5. What was psychokinesis? Explain.
6. What unusual phenomena occurred when Lorraine tried to call the Hillmans in the beginning of "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
7. When did the events in "The Demonologist" take place? What cases are included in the book?
8. What was Ed Warren's response to the following question : "In 'The Amityville Horror,' the author cites an old belief that evil spirits can't cross over water, was that true?"
9. The author includes a dialogue between Ed and a demonic entity that had been recorded. Briefly identify the demonic entity to which Ed was speaking with in " Of Unworldly Origin."
10. How have the Warrens' experiences been proven and who documented their experiences? Who reviewed "The Demonologist" for accuracy?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)