|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a picture was taken of Annabelle, what could be seen around it, according to the author?
(a) Evil faces.
(b) Black cat.
(d) Orbs of light.
2. Annabelle in the Chapter "Annabelle" was a(n) __________.
(b) 5 year old girl.
(c) Elderly woman.
(d) Teenage girl.
3. The narrator met Ed and Lorraine Warren when he visited their parish church in __________.
(b) New Hampshire.
4. Ed recounted the story of Oliver Bernbaum who used a(n) __________ as an instrument of black magic.
(a) Black candles.
(d) Ouiji Board.
5. The "Foreword" reveals that in the New and Old Testament, __________ speak of the deception of __________ and his demons.
(a) Jesus / Peter.
(b) Timothy / Paul.
(c) Mark / Luke.
(d) God / Satan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "Author's Preface," __________ reiterates his belief that all information presented in the book was true.
2. The author asserts that to __________, demonic worship was an evil, paganistic practice that chose to oppose God.
3. In October of 1972, Ed and Lorraine received a phone call from the __________, according to the author in "Art and Apparitions."
4. Ed Warren asserts that inhuman spirits often identify itself as __________.
5. The Warren's inform the reader that all of the following was true about spirits except for which one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who informed the Warrens of the Annabelle case? Why were the Warrens contacted?
2. How can the Warrens know if an intelligence was truly behind the disturbance, when that external agent was invisible? Give an example.
3. What was psychokinesis? Explain.
4. According to the Warrens, what did a ghost look like?
5. Briefly discuss the strange phenomena that occurred in Ed's office shortly before the investigation of the Lutz' house.
6. Why were the Warrens planning to take a trip to the United Kingdom at the beginning of "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
7. Briefly discuss the dreams Lou had because of Annabelle.
8. What was the name of the man that Lorraine visualizes in her clairvoyant state while in a room at West Point? Who was the man?
9. What did the Warrens learn about ghosts in their early times of paranormal investigation?
10. Briefly discuss the Amityville case. Who moved into the home after the murders and when did they move in?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)