|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ed revealed that "in order to be seen with the physical eye, the ghost or apparition needed __________ to manifest."
(a) A sheet.
(b) Physical energy.
(c) Chemical energy.
(d) Solar energy.
2. __________ is an old German word meaning 'noisy or mischievous ghost.'
(d) Die Spirit.
3. By what name did the inhuman spirit call itself that possessed Mary in "Of Unworldly Origin"?
4. Who admitted seeing their first ghost as a child, and after that, sought more information about the supernatural in "Art and Apparations"?
5. Lorraine and Ed Warren were how old when they got married?
Short Answer Questions
1. A year before the Lutzes bought their home in Amityville, the eldest son of the previous owner murdered the __________ sleeping members of his family at __________ in the morning.
2. Whom did Father Hegan refer Donna, Lou, and Angie to contact about their possessed doll?
3. In "Art and Apparitions, " Ed said, "One of the most perplexing things to happen to me as a child was that I would have dreams of __________coming to speak to me."
4. The "Authors Preface" states that all of the following had been altered in the book except for which one?
5. Whom did Lorraine exclaim to be careful driving home because their car would go out of control and they would be in an accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was psychokinesis? Explain.
2. What unusual phenomena occurred when Lorraine tried to call the Hillmans in the beginning of "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
3. According to Ed, did Jesus speak about ghosts, spirits, demons, and/or possessions?
4. Discuss one of the most perplexing things that happened to Ed as a child as described in "Art and Apparations."
5. Based on the information Donna and Angie give to the Warrens, was the Raggedy Ann doll possessed? Explain.
6. As the story of Ed and Lorraine's lives unfolded, discuss the two main impressions that came out very clearly to the author.
7. Who was Annabelle? Whom did she belong to? How did she get the name Annabelle?
8. Briefly discuss the Amityville case. Who moved into the home after the murders and when did they move in?
9. Why were the Warrens planning to take a trip to the United Kingdom at the beginning of "A Conjuring Book for Christmas"?
10. Who informed the Warrens of the Annabelle case? Why were the Warrens contacted?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)