|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Soul in Hostage," who noted that "Whatever skeptics, unbelievers and the ill-informed may think, demonopathic manifestations are not extinct; we still observe the phenomena which startled and alarmed our forefathers, but with a critical sense and knowledge they did not possess"?
(a) Dr. Gomes.
(b) Dr. Steinbeck.
(c) Dr. Mundy.
(d) Dr. Lhermitte.
2. In "Infestation," Lorraine avows that a seance should be held when?
(a) During a new moon.
(b) At night.
(c) During the daytime.
(d) During a full moon.
3. Lorraine explains that Wicca - or witchcraft - is often called what?
(b) Old Religion.
(c) New Life.
(d) Oz syndrome.
4. In "A Servant of Lucifer," Ed avowed that the essence of __________ witchcraft was a pact with the devil.
5. What is the term used in "Oppression : The Strategy Revealed" to describe the fact that the spirit could project its image in any form it chose?
(a) Psychic cold.
(b) Law of Attraction.
(c) Telepathic hypnosis.
6. The Warren's car accident occurred in the Poconos, in a place they called the __________ Valley, according to "The Enfield Voices."
7. In "A Servant of Lucifer," the Warrens explain that a diabolical attack was one that was done by not just demonic spirits, but the hierarchy of __________, including devils.
(a) Mythological creatures.
8. In "A Family Under Attack," who was levitated some two feet above their bed according to the Warren's testimony?
9. In "The Entity Returns" what was the name of the nineteen-year-old girl who performed complicated rituals involving pentagrams, animal blood, and manifesting different personalities ever since she was a little girl?
10. Lorraine affirms in "The Enfield Voices" that Ed owes his safety to __________, whose presence was sometimes shown to them in positive symbolic signs.
(a) Saint Mary.
(b) Saint Paul.
(c) Saint Anthony.
(d) Saint Michael.
11. In the beginning of "Oppression: The Strategy Revealed," the author states, "__________ essentially means a house is haunted; __________ means that the spirits haunting the house are trying to take over the people living there."
(a) Infestation / oppression.
(b) Oppression / Infestation.
(c) Possession / Suffocation.
(d) Cursed / Possession.
12. In "A Family Under Attack," who invited a demonic spirit to manifest by use of a Ouija board?
13. In "A Soul in Hostage," Ed explained that a __________ year old woman in West Germany died during a highly unusually long exorcism from undernourishment.
14. According to Ed, __________ tends to see all cases of oppression and possession as being the manifestation of one or another type of mental disorder.
15. According to the Warrens in "Infestation," what does an apparition of a black cat represent?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Demonic involvement.
(d) Wiccan involvement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ed states that __________ is the ability to manipulate the physical world through an arrangement with spirit forces.
2. Ed explains that the demonic spirit is driven to posses both by its hatred of __________ and its desire to escape __________.
3. Ed revealed that in black witchcraft, the killing of a(n) __________ is a traditional gift to Lucifer.
4. Since the Warrens were away, the Donovan family had to endure __________ more days of terror, including inhuman sounds, the destruction of religious objects, and a constant feeling of evil before the Warrens could arrive.
5. According to the author, what movie had just been released prior to the Donovan's case, making the Church extremely sensitive to criticism?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)