|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Infestation," the Warrens note that far before they were called in, all of the following strange happenings began except for which one?
(a) Strange sounds.
(b) Pets become deathly ill.
(d) Odd phone calls.
2. Ed revealed that in black witchcraft, the killing of a(n) __________ is a traditional gift to Lucifer.
3. According to Ed, __________ tends to see all cases of oppression and possession as being the manifestation of one or another type of mental disorder.
4. Ed revealed that an exorcist, prior to the ritual, had what type of Fast for three days where he did not eat or drink, but prays?
5. In "The Entity Returns" what was the name of the nineteen-year-old girl who performed complicated rituals involving pentagrams, animal blood, and manifesting different personalities ever since she was a little girl?
6. Whom was Ed speaking to when he said, "You will now be the object of hatred. Under no circumstances must you challenge the undiscerned spirits that are here" in "A Family Under Attack"?
(a) Father Jason.
(d) Father Chris.
7. According to "The Entity Returns," how many times did Lonnie become possessed by the same demon?
(a) Thirteen times.
(c) Four times.
8. In "A Servant of Lucifer," a young man named Alan claimed his girlfriend, Lonnie, became enraged, her face changed to that of what?
(a) A demon.
(b) The devil.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A snake.
9. According to the author, what movie had just been released prior to the Donovan's case, making the Church extremely sensitive to criticism?
(a) The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
(b) Paranormal Activity.
(c) The Exorcist.
(d) The Poltergeist.
10. The author affirms at the end of "Oppression : The Strategy Revealed" that the Amityville case took place during the __________ season.
11. In all, how many days did the Donovan family experience demonic activity inside their home?
12. Lorraine affirms in "The Enfield Voices" that Ed owes his safety to __________, whose presence was sometimes shown to them in positive symbolic signs.
(a) Saint Mary.
(b) Saint Michael.
(c) Saint Paul.
(d) Saint Anthony.
13. How many times had Patty's car tires been cut or gone flat in "A Family Under Attack"?
14. In "A Family Under Attack," on April Fool's Day, it rained __________ on the Donovan's house.
15. How many distinct stages of demoniacal activity do the Warrens note in "Infestation"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "Oppression: The Strategy Revealed," the author states, "__________ essentially means a house is haunted; __________ means that the spirits haunting the house are trying to take over the people living there."
2. The Warrens found that all of the following occasions are favored for demonic activity, except for which one?
3. Ed details that a spirit can bypass the physical eye of an individual and project desired images directly to the '__________'.
4. According to the Ouija board in "A Family Under Attack," how many children did it tell Patty she would one day have?
5. In "A Family Under Attack," the spirit Patty spoke with became her "__________," and she asked it to appear.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)