|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the term that Ed Warren used to explain the power of the mind to move objects?
2. According to Ed in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas," he always carried a relic of __________for protection.
(a) Padre Pio.
(b) St. Paul.
3. Lorraine revealed that the __________ was caused by a tragedy in the life of an individual, where death occurs suddenly or under very traumatic circumstances.
(a) Ghost disease.
(b) Phantom disorder.
(c) Ghost syndrome.
(d) Paranormal effect.
4. What term do religious writers often use to reference the premeditated strategy that could be discerned when the demonic was responsible for disturbances in a home?
(b) Evil genius.
5. According to "Beyond Amityville," where was Ed Warren's office located?
(a) Ford County.
(b) Fairfield County.
(c) Mecklenburg County.
(d) Pasco County.
6. In the Chapter "Annabelle," who exclaimed, "After I got the doll for my birthday, I put it on my bed each morning after the bed was made...But when we'd come home at night, the arms and legs would be positioned in different gestures"?
7. The Warrens believe that __________ are natural and explainable through science, the supernatural occurrences are not.
(a) Mystic phenomenons .
(b) Paranormal activities.
(d) Ghostly occurrences.
8. All of the following kept turning on in the Hillman's home according to Dee's story in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas" except which one?
(b) Water faucet.
(c) Washing machine.
9. The "Authors Preface" states that all of the following had been altered in the book except for which one?
10. Lou asserted that he first contacted __________ after he was physically attacked by the doll.
(a) Lorraine Warren.
(c) Ed Warren.
(d) Father Hegan.
11. According to the "Foreword," what was the author's main profession?
(a) A demonologist.
(b) A Jewish Rabi.
(c) An author.
(d) A Catholic priest.
12. According to the end of "Unnatural Phenomena," when is Ed Warren's birthday?
(a) April 1954.
(b) September 1968.
(c) December 1961.
(d) January 1970.
13. In "Unnatural Phenomena," who was the long-time friend of Ed and Lorraine who was a Franciscan friar and professor of theology?
(a) Father Cooke.
(b) Father Trabold.
(c) Father Inkwood.
(d) Father Enfield.
14. According to the Warrens, spirits attacked humans __________.
(a) Mentally and physically.
(d) Neither mentally nor physically.
15. In what room of the Hillman's home did Lorraine claim to have noticed an inhuman presence in?
(a) The attic.
(b) Dee's bedroom.
(c) The master bedroom.
(d) Bob's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "Foreword" reveals that the God of the Bible was the God of __________ who described Satan as the Father of __________.
2. According to the author in "Of Unworldly Origin," the devil was given a symbol : __________, meaning the __________.
3. In "A Conjuring Book for Christmas," the Warrens received a call from __________, who reported a desperate need for help.
4. At the end of Chapter "Unnatural Phenomena," who said, "That's it, I'm not even going to mention the subject of demonology anymore...I'm not going to let people make a farce out of the serious work the specialist clergy does in this field"?
5. Ed recounted the story of Oliver Bernbaum who used a(n) __________ as an instrument of black magic.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)