|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Beyond Amityville," Ed detailed how the black mass gave him a clear vision of himself and Lorraine doing what?
(a) Involved in a potentially deadly automobile accident.
(b) Investigating the Amityville house.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Having their first child.
2. The Warrens believe that __________ are natural and explainable through science, the supernatural occurrences are not.
(b) Paranormal activities.
(c) Ghostly occurrences.
(d) Mystic phenomenons .
3. Annabelle in the Chapter "Annabelle" was a(n) __________.
(a) Teenage girl.
(b) Elderly woman.
(c) 5 year old girl.
4. "Art and Apparitions" states that Ed Warren believed that the __________ was unaffected by the advent of death.
5. When did George and Kathleen Lutz purchase the Amityville house?
(a) April 1966.
(b) December 1975.
(c) May 1990.
(d) July 1977.
6. In "A Conjuring Book for Christmas," the Warrens received a call from __________, who reported a desperate need for help.
(a) Mary Higgins.
(b) Martha Williams.
(c) Ashley Feldman.
(d) Judy Hillman.
7. The "Authors Preface" states that all of the following had been altered in the book except for which one?
8. Ed explained that __________ seek to determine the true cause of events, and to extinguish demonic spirits, when needed.
9. In the Chapter "Annabelle," who exclaimed, "After I got the doll for my birthday, I put it on my bed each morning after the bed was made...But when we'd come home at night, the arms and legs would be positioned in different gestures"?
10. The narrator met Ed and Lorraine Warren when he visited their parish church in __________.
(a) New Hampshire.
11. In October of 1972, Ed and Lorraine received a phone call from the __________, according to the author in "Art and Apparitions."
(a) US White House.
(b) West Virginia Court House.
(c) US Military Academy.
(d) US Pentegon.
12. All of the following kept turning on in the Hillman's home according to Dee's story in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas" except which one?
(b) Water faucet.
(d) Washing machine.
13. What unusual occurrence did Dee and Bob experience in "A Conjuring Book for Christmas" when they ran outside their home because of the paranormal activity going on inside their home?
(a) The sun came up.
(b) Carnival music played outside.
(c) Everything stopped.
(d) Dogs ran backwards.
14. The Warren's inform the reader that all of the following was true about spirits except for which one?
(a) They cause injury.
(b) They can produce a foul, revolting stench.
(c) They use foul language.
(d) They manifest in light.
15. What was the term that Ed Warren used to explain the power of the mind to move objects?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ed Warren, when a case was referred to him and Lorraine, it was usually through __________.
2. The author begins "Art and Apparations" by noting there were only __________ demonologists in North America.
3. Lorraine revealed that the __________ was caused by a tragedy in the life of an individual, where death occurs suddenly or under very traumatic circumstances.
4. Who admitted seeing their first ghost as a child, and after that, sought more information about the supernatural in "Art and Apparations"?
5. What was the term used in "Art and Apparations" to define the ability to see beyond physical time and place?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)