|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the end of "Unnatural Phenomena," when is Ed Warren's birthday?
(a) April 1954.
(b) September 1968.
(c) December 1961.
(d) January 1970.
2. Who admitted seeing their first ghost as a child, and after that, sought more information about the supernatural in "Art and Apparations"?
3. The author maintains that demonic spirits do what with religious objects?
(a) Hang them upside down.
(b) Color them.
(c) Eat them.
(d) Burn them.
4. Ed testified that when heading home from Oliver Bernbaum's home, a truck passed him and dumped gallons of green, gelatinous sludge on his windshield. How many times did Ed say this happened to him that night?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 12 times.
(c) 6 times.
(d) 9 times.
5. __________ is an old German word meaning 'noisy or mischievous ghost.'
(d) Die Spirit.
6. According to the Warrens in "Art and Apparitions," inhuman spirits make all of the following type of sounds except for which one?
(a) Ungodly screams.
(b) Maniacal laughter.
(c) Cat-like meows.
(d) Deep baleful moans.
7. The author affirms in "Art and Apparition" that __________ would sometimes leave behind a residue of Blood and other bodily fluids.
8. In "Unnatural Phenomena," who was the long-time friend of Ed and Lorraine who was a Franciscan friar and professor of theology?
(a) Father Enfield.
(b) Father Trabold.
(c) Father Cooke.
(d) Father Inkwood.
9. According to Lou in "Annabelle," what did the doll do to him?
(a) Lick him.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Give him bad dreams.
(d) Stares at him.
10. Ed revealed that "in order to be seen with the physical eye, the ghost or apparition needed __________ to manifest."
(a) Physical energy.
(b) A sheet.
(c) Solar energy.
(d) Chemical energy.
11. In "Art and Apparitions, " Ed said, "One of the most perplexing things to happen to me as a child was that I would have dreams of __________coming to speak to me."
(b) An apparation.
(c) St. Jude.
(d) A nun.
12. At the end of "Art and Apparitions," the Warrens came to find that the phenomenon brought about by inhuman spirits occurred __________.
(a) At random.
(c) By chance.
(d) In stages.
13. At the end of "Annabelle," who was Marcie?
(a) The Warren's tabby cat.
(b) Lorraine's mother.
(c) The Warren's eldest daughter.
(d) Annabelle's cat.
14. According to the "Foreword," what was the author's main profession?
(a) An author.
(b) A demonologist.
(c) A Jewish Rabi.
(d) A Catholic priest.
15. The "Foreword" reveals that the God of the Bible was the God of __________ who described Satan as the Father of __________.
(a) Life / Death.
(b) Love / Hate.
(c) Refuge / Hostility.
(d) Truth / Lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter "Unnatural Phenomena," who said, "That's it, I'm not even going to mention the subject of demonology anymore...I'm not going to let people make a farce out of the serious work the specialist clergy does in this field"?
2. In "Beyond Amityville," Ed detailed how the black mass gave him a clear vision of himself and Lorraine doing what?
3. The Warrens discussed their taping of a television show in New York which centered on what subject?
4. "The Demonologist" is a story about the experiences and beliefs of the __________.
5. By what name did the inhuman spirit call itself that possessed Mary in "Of Unworldly Origin"?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)