|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Soul in Hostage and The Enfield Voices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Soul in Hostage," who noted that "Whatever skeptics, unbelievers and the ill-informed may think, demonopathic manifestations are not extinct; we still observe the phenomena which startled and alarmed our forefathers, but with a critical sense and knowledge they did not possess"?
(a) Dr. Lhermitte.
(b) Dr. Steinbeck.
(c) Dr. Mundy.
(d) Dr. Gomes.
2. Father Jason quoted Chapter 18 of __________ in the Bible, "Let there not be found among you anyone who immolates his son or daughter in the fire, nor a fortuneteller, soothsayer, charmer, diviner, or caster of spells, nor one who consults ghosts and spirits or seeks oracles from the dead."
3. Ed revealed that the Lutzes were able to move out their home after __________ of terror, while the Enfield case had to deal with their disturbance for __________.
(a) 13 weeks / 13 months.
(b) 12 months / 4 weeks.
(c) 3 months / 66 days.
(d) 28 days / 3 years.
4. The demonic spirit inside of Lonnie in "A Servant of Lucifer," revealed its self to be a servant of who?
5. Ed avowed that until roughly a century ago, what percentage of mental illness was treated as a sign of possession?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Warrens in "Art and Apparitions," inhuman spirits make all of the following type of sounds except for which one?
2. In "A Soul in Hostage," Ed explained that a __________ year old woman in West Germany died during a highly unusually long exorcism from undernourishment.
3. Who admitted seeing their first ghost as a child, and after that, sought more information about the supernatural in "Art and Apparations"?
4. The author maintains that demonic spirits do what with religious objects?
5. In all, how many days did the Donovan family experience demonic activity inside their home?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)