|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of students in the U.S. dislike school?
2. What nation exploded the first hydrogen bomb?
(a) The Soviet Union.
(c) Great Britain.
(d) The United States of America.
3. What did Carlos and his manager do to the host of the Australian Today Show?
(a) Put a curse on him.
(b) All of the below.
(c) Leave the set of his show.
(d) Throw water at him.
4. What can be found at the source of a cholera epidemic?
(c) Open sewers.
(d) Poor refrigeration.
5. What are the chances of being cured at Lourdes?
(a) One in ten.
(b) One in a million.
(c) One in a hundred.
(d) One in a thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did lacrosse originate from?
2. What is Carl Sagan's hometown?
3. Where did the experimental nature of science come from?
4. What do we do when we discourage children from science?
5. In 1993, how many of the people of China, as in America, knew the Earth went around the sun once a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of Carlos?
2. What lessons can be learned from the legal system and applied to matters of politics, economics, religion, and ethics?
3. Describe the response that Carl Sagan's article in Parade magazine received from readers?
4. What is Carl Sagan's favorite sport? Why?
5. Describe the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798.
6. According to Sagan, why do we stereotype?
7. What negative traits sometimes exist in skeptics?
8. What is the story of Frederick Bailey?
9. What happens in environments of established knowledge? What happens when what needs to be learned changes quickly?
10. How is the baloney detection kit used in this chapter?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)