|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many schizophrenics are there on Earth?
(a) Under 30 million.
(b) Over 135 million.
(c) Over 100 million.
(d) Over 50 million.
2. What did the Roper poll not ask?
(a) Whether or not the respondents have a history of mental illness.
(b) Why the respondents believe in aliens.
(c) What they thought the purpose of the abductions is.
(d) Whether or not the respondents had actually been abducted.
3. According to popular myth, what do Satanists do with babies?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Raise them to be Satanists.
(c) Give them to aliens.
(d) Sacrifice them.
4. Which branch of science cannot foretell the future?
5. Which religion denies germ theory?
(a) None of the above.
(d) Christian Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to those who criticized witch-burning?
2. What do religions use to validate themselves?
3. What did John Glenn report seeing outside his spacecraft?
4. What university did John Mack attend?
5. What tabloid carried headlines about Martian civilizations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the history of demons.
2. Describe tabloid journalism and the effect that you think it has upon the world.
3. What is the significance of hallucinations?
4. What is the story of Franz Mesmer?
5. What is Sagan's disagreement with his friend John Mack? Why does John believe what he does?
6. Describe the response the sample got from readers.
7. What does Carl Sagan is strange about the way people use the acronym 'UFO?'
8. Why does Sagan believe that there might actually have been secret investigative teams to look into reports of UFOs?
9. According to J.B.S. Haldane, what is the relationship between eternity and reincarnation?
10. Why is Hippocrates important?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)