|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Luzhin feel when her visitor finally leaves Berlin?
2. What color does Luzhin choose for his suit?
(a) Dark Brown.
(c) Dark blue.
(d) Dark gray.
3. What author does Luzhin's fiancee tell her mother that Luzhin has never read?
(a) Thomas Carlyle.
(b) George Eliot.
4. What happened to the student that Mrs. Luzhkin's visitor used to be in love with?
(a) He fled Russia for the Middle East.
(b) He was shot by communists.
(c) He was killed in World War I.
(d) He was drowned in an accident.
5. What room does Luzhin lock himself into?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The study.
(d) The bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what floor is the apartment Luzhin's in-laws have rented for the newlyweds?
2. What does Mrs. Luzhin show her husband, in a painting of the Last Supper?
3. How often do the Luzhins dine with Mrs. Luzhin's parents?
4. What does Luzhin do when he gets into the cab with his new wife after the wedding reception?
5. What does Luzhin teach himself, after visiting his father-in-law's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luzhin falling unconscious affect his fiancee?
2. What does Valentinov want Luzhin to do for him?
3. What is Luzhin doing when Ivan knocks over the lamp?
4. What upsets Luzhien about the geography of the world?
5. What does Luzhin's psychiatrist say about the possibility of him marrying?
6. What is Mrs. Luzhin reminded of when she reads Soviet newspapers?
7. What does Luzhin see in the window of a stationery store that fascinates him?
8. How does Luzhin kill himself?
9. How does Luzhin react after meeting an old acquaintance at the ball?
10. How does Luzhin feel at his wedding reception?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)