|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Luzhin finally comes to his bedroom on his wedding night, where does his wife go?
(a) To take a bath.
(b) To the closet.
(c) To the bed.
(d) To the kitchen.
2. When Luzhin asks the doctor who he is, what is the psychiatrist's reply?
(a) A well-wisher.
(b) A friend.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A doctor.
3. What two events become mixed up in Luzhin's perception?
(a) Visitig a travel agent and getting his passport.
(b) Buying a hat and visiting a travel agent.
(c) Buying a hat and visiting the dentist.
(d) Visiting the dentist and getting his passport.
4. After Luzhin disappears, what does Petrishchev think?
(a) Petrishchev thinks he imagined Luzhin the whole time.
(b) Petrishchev thinks Luzhin has grown rude in his old age.
(c) Petrishchev thinks he's mistaken Luzhin for someone else.
(d) Petrishchev thinks he's offended Luzhin.
5. What does Mrs. Luzhin wear on her wedding night?
(a) A white negligee.
(b) A pink silk robe.
(c) Her husband's shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Luzhin avoid mentioning large cities when talking of traveling?
2. What does Luzhin eventually win in the raffle at the ball?
3. What flowers are depicted on Mrs. Luzhin's mother's shawl, which she wears in her cold apartment?
4. What is Luzhin like when his fiancee sits with him at the sanatorium?
5. Where does Mrs. Luzhin want her husband to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luzhin realize when he overhears his wife talking to her visitor?
2. What memory of his father does Luzhin recall when he stops to buy fruit?
3. What does Luzhin's psychiatrist say about the possibility of him marrying?
4. Why doesn't Luzhin's fiancee ask him about his tuxedo?
5. What books that his fiancee brings him in the sanatorium does Luzhin enjoy?
6. What does Luzhin think when the lights come on again after Ivan has knocked over the lamp?
7. How does Luzhin react to the parties of intellectuals that his wife entertains?
8. How does Luzhin falling unconscious affect his fiancee?
9. How does Luzhin react after meeting an old acquaintance at the ball?
10. How does Luzhin read?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)