|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Luzhin goes to visit his father's grave after his death?
(a) Luzhin can't find the gravestone.
(b) Luzhin cries over his father's gravestone.
(c) Luzhin can't garner emotion for his father's death, but lays flowers on the gravestone.
(d) Luzhin places flowers on the gravestone and feels bitter anger.
2. What is the one thing Luzhin finds wrong with the old jacket he begs his wife to let him keep?
(a) A hole in the pocket.
(b) A mark on the collar.
(c) A missing button.
(d) A rip in the lapel.
3. What does Luzhin drop that his future wife picks up and returns to him?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A ring.
4. What does Luzhin feel like, when he moves into his new apartment after getting out of the hospital?
(a) Like he did when he started school as a boy.
(b) Like he did whenever moving into a new hotel room.
(c) Like he did whenever he started a new chess game.
(d) Like he did when moving from country to town as a child.
5. How is Luzhin greeted when he arrives at his aunt's house?
(a) His aunt is outside the house and greets him happily.
(b) Her maid tells him his aunt is still asleep and to wait.
(c) His aunt slams the door in his face.
(d) Her maid tells him his aunt is out and slams the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Luzhin's father when the idea for a novel about a boy like his son hits him?
2. What is Luzhin doing when he notices two other students taking out a chess set?
3. What does Mrs. Luzhin wear on her wedding night?
4. What kinds of articles does Mrs. Luzhin have her husband read to her?
5. At the beginning of the novel, what does the main character associate the name "Luzhin" with?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)