|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the family live in?
(d) St. Petersberg.
2. What question does Luzhin's fiancee's father ask Luzhin?
(a) Whether he can really make a living playing chess.
(b) Whether chess isn't a rather childish game.
(c) Whether there's a move in chess that always lets you win.
(d) Whether he plays other games besides chess.
3. What fundamental drive does Luzhin's future wife have?
(a) The need to romanticize herself to others.
(b) The need to feel superior to others.
(c) The need to understand the world is a logical, organized way.
(d) The need to help any creature that is suffering.
4. What kind of puzzles does Luzhin enjoy doing?
(b) Crossword puzzles.
(d) Jigsaw puzzles.
5. What is Luzhin's future mother-in-law's prime objection to her daughter marrying Luzhin?
(a) She is afraid Luzhin is mentally unstable.
(b) She thinks Luzhin is uncouth.
(c) She thinks Luzhin is from a bad family.
(d) She thinks her daughter doesn't love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Luzhin disappears, what does Petrishchev think?
2. Who does Luzhin play chess with at his aunt's house?
3. What does Luzhin's future wife hear that he does in his room late at night?
4. What is Luzhin like when his fiancee sits with him at the sanatorium?
5. What children does Mrs. Luzhin's visitor have?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)