|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Luzhin and his wife enter the ball?
(a) Back to back.
(b) One following the other.
(c) From separate doors.
(d) Arm in arm.
2. How old is Luzhin when he returns to the German resort where he went to with his father when recovering from his illness?
(a) In his twenties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his forties.
3. How old is young Luzhin at the beginning of the novel?
4. What book do Luzhin and his wife find in their new study?
(a) An atlas.
(b) An encyclopedia.
(c) A botanical guide.
(d) A medical reference.
5. Where does Luzhin's father send Luzhin, after the chess lesson is interrupted?
(a) The park.
(b) Luzhin's room.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman Luzhin meets in Germany (his future wife) think of his father?
2. Why is Luzhin afraid of at school?
3. What kinds of articles does Mrs. Luzhin have her husband read to her?
4. What excuse does Luzhin make for his sullenness and silence?
5. What year does Luzhin's father begin to write a novel whose main character is a chess-playing boy like his son?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)