|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Luzhin tell his father he learned to play chess?
(a) At school.
(b) In the park.
(c) From a friend's father.
(d) From his aunt.
2. How does Luzhin's future wife perceive him when she first meets him?
(a) As a sad, suffering romantic.
(b) As a bitter, unkind old man.
(c) As an eccentric artist.
(d) As an uncouth, unworthy slob.
3. Three days before Luzhin's departure, when he is walking with his future wife and her mother, what does the mother ask her daughter to run back and get for her?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) Something to read.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. Where do the people at the chess tournament tell Luzhin to go?
(b) Out of Berlin.
(c) To his hotel.
(d) Back to Russia.
5. What year does Luzhin's father begin to write a novel whose main character is a chess-playing boy like his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose telephone call does Luzhin eavesdrop on during the party?
2. How long does Luzhin stay at his aunt's?
3. What is Luzhin doing when he notices two other students taking out a chess set?
4. What anniversary of Luzhin's grandfather's death is it at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What title does Luzhin's father give his imagined novella about a boy like his son?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)