|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luzhin's mother always have beside her, after she injures herself?
(a) A bowl of strawberries.
(b) A bowl of hard candies.
(c) A bowl of caramels.
(d) A bowl of chocolates.
2. What did Luzhin place in the German chess tournament in his youth?
3. How is Luzhin greeted when he arrives at his aunt's house?
(a) His aunt is outside the house and greets him happily.
(b) Her maid tells him his aunt is out and slams the door.
(c) His aunt slams the door in his face.
(d) Her maid tells him his aunt is still asleep and to wait.
4. Whose telephone call does Luzhin eavesdrop on during the party?
(a) An architect.
(b) A violinist.
(c) An actor.
(d) A waiter.
5. What does Luzhin's future wife's mother say she represents?
(a) The bohemian creative streak of their family.
(b) The unromantic, logical, scientific world of the new era.
(c) The intelligencia and avante-garde literary world.
(d) The otherworldly and the spiritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luzhin like most at his birthday party?
2. What business does Valentinov go into after leaving Luzhin?
3. What city does the family live in?
4. What is Luzhin doing when he notices two other students taking out a chess set?
5. At the beginning of the novel, what does the main character associate the name "Luzhin" with?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)