|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reese goes to jail for
2. Beth begs for Vincent to
3. Ben assures Beth that his parents were
4. What has Beth been doing when the boy comes to her door?
5. Mr. Karras considers Ben to be
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Vincent's thesis topic ironic? Why, or why not?
2. Is George Karras a monster? How do we know?
3. Why did Vincent not mention the kid he thought might be Ben?
4. Who is Cecil Lockhart, and why is her photo on George's mantel?
5. What is the primary reason for Sam's depression and unhappiness?
6. Ben has disappeared again. Where has he gone, and why?
7. What does Beth discover when Vincent leaves for school on this memorable morning when the family is about to re-claim Ben? How does it make her feel?
8. How did the FBI botch the job when they were involved in the search for Ben?
9. Why does Reese refer to the celebration of Ben's return as a "manger scene?"
10. What important detail does Sam share with Reese when he visits Reese is in jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a careful reading of the story's preface, wherein Beth looks back at the incident that changed her life forever. She encapsulates what the story will reveal about her state of mind; analyze her decisions, her behavior and her choices in response to Ben's absence.
Essay Topic 2
The elder Cappadoras served cannolis to the police force during the search for Ben. As caterers, they prepare Italian foods for many different occasions. Do a study of authentic Italian food and create a menu for a typical Italian dinner, including dessert and beverages. In addition, provide recipes for each dish.
Essay Topic 3
Research theme restaurants. Choose two that you find the most interesting, and find out more about them. Write about amenities, menus and ambience and, if possible, do an interview with the manager to learn about their most popular dishes, and details of their success.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)