|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat Cappadora feel about finding Ben?
2. Ben is somewhat distraught over the fact that
3. What is the name of the neighbor boy who knocks at Beth's door?
4. What does the young neighbor boy want who knocks at Beth's door?
5. Ben assures Beth that his parents were
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Vincent's thesis topic ironic? Why, or why not?
2. How does Vincent present himself to his long-lost little brother, Sam?
3. Who is Cecil Lockhart, and why is her photo on George's mantel?
4. Why does Beth seek out Nick again? Does she get what she wants?
5. What does the court order in terms of custody of Ben/Sam? Why?
6. What is a clue that Sam is going downhill living with the Cappadoras?
7. Ben has disappeared again. Where has he gone, and why?
8. How did the FBI botch the job when they were involved in the search for Ben?
9. How does Candy feel about Ben's reappearance?
10. How does Beth steady herself for photographing scenes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much influence do you believe television, movies and video games have on teenagers? Do you think kids are more apt to try stunts like Reese's explosions when they have been exposed to these things? Support your answers with evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares and contrasts the Cappadora family and the Kerry family. What traits do we see, and how have they affected the two generations that are the main characters in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Their are many ironic moments in this story. Focus on one ironic event of your own choosing, and write about how the irony is crafted, why it is ironic, and how long it takes to understand the irony as one reads the story.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)