|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Beth's near-miss with Bob Unger?
2. Does Beth love Vincent and Carrie?
3. Vincent has changed his name to
4. The restaurant is designed and decorated
5. Beth's response to the media is
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Candy want to take Beth shopping?
2. What does the family counseling session reveal to Dr. Kilgore?
3. What does Beth's willingness to see a psychic indicate? What is Loretta's message?
4. In what ways is Vincent being neglected as a child?
5. What is Beth's burning question for the group at Compassionate Circle?
6. Why does Tree's husband curse at her for announcing her pregnancy?
7. Discuss Beth's feelings toward her high school classmate, Cecil Lockhart.
8. How does the reader come to know how bright Vincent is, even though he is an underachiever?
9. Where has Beth been spending time in Chicago, and why?
10. Why does the FBI become involved in the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a life for Ben in the nine years he was missing from the Cappadora family. In a side-story, write about his childhood with George and Cecil, and what kind of child-rearing he may have been exposed to during that time, using what you know from his character after he reappeared to the Cappadoras.
Essay Topic 2
How much influence do you believe television, movies and video games have on teenagers? Do you think kids are more apt to try stunts like Reese's explosions when they have been exposed to these things? Support your answers with evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a famous kidnapping incident, such as the Lindbergh baby, and write an in-depth historical review of the case. Include efforts on the part of the legal system and the family, as well as the outcome.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)