|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ben is a gifted
2. While they wait to make their move to get Ben, Pat Cappadora
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Eats his lunch
(c) Does some yoga
(d) Goes for a walk
3. What seems to have happened to Beth on this day?
(a) Her hope is gone
(b) Her mental health seems restored
(c) Her depression has deepened
(d) Her desire to take pictures is gone
4. Candy has decided to divorce her husband, and
(a) Wants him to support her
(b) Wishes he had been younger
(c) Has not conceived a child
(d) Is bitterly angry at him
5. How is Sam different from the Cappadoras?
(a) He is neat and clean
(b) He is loud and boisterous
(c) He has a chip on his shoulder
(d) He has a hysterical sense of humor
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Reese do together that bonds them?
2. Vincent and Ben begin to bond with
3. Beth wonders why Kerry is confident at all, since she grew up with
4. Sam visits Reese in jail to tell him that
5. Arranged in Ben's honor, the familly attends
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does seeing Ben have on Beth? Why?
2. What is the primary reason for Sam's depression and unhappiness?
3. Why will Cecil Lockhart not have to pay a price for having kidnapped Ben?
4. How did the FBI botch the job when they were involved in the search for Ben?
5. What was it that prompted Cecil to kidnap Ben?
6. What important detail does Sam share with Reese when he visits Reese is in jail?
7. Why does Reese refer to the celebration of Ben's return as a "manger scene?"
8. How would you describe the ending of this story? Is it happy? Is the story a tragedy?
9. How does Beth steady herself for photographing scenes?
10. Why did Vincent not mention the kid he thought might be Ben?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)