|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the law treat Cecil?
(a) She is pitied and left alone
(b) She is punished to the full extend of the law
(c) She is acquitted of everything
(d) She is charged with everyhing possible
2. Candy tells Beth that Vincent
(a) Is a hopeless case
(b) Is headed for prison
(c) Loved her the most
(d) Will be a better person
3. Beth begs for Vincent to
(a) Play the piano again
(b) Get Kerry from scouts
(c) Forgive her
(d) Let her into his life
4. Beth is considering
(a) Being a waitress at the restaurant
(c) Returning to college
(d) Putting Vincent in reform school
5. In the courtroom, Beth notices that Cecil is no longer
(a) The beautiful slim actress
(b) The budding athlete
(c) The quiet, aloof woman
(d) The incompetent bumbler
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Reese tell no one about seeing Ben in the neighborhood?
2. Sam visits Reese in jail to tell him that
3. Vincent considers his family's life to be like a
4. Reese is certain that
5. How does Beth try to steady herself when taking photographs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does seeing Ben have on Beth? Why?
2. Ben has disappeared again. Where has he gone, and why?
3. Why does Reese refer to the celebration of Ben's return as a "manger scene?"
4. Is Vincent's thesis topic ironic? Why, or why not?
5. What does Beth discover when Vincent leaves for school on this memorable morning when the family is about to re-claim Ben? How does it make her feel?
6. Is George Karras a monster? How do we know?
7. How does Candy feel about Ben's reappearance?
8. What important detail does Sam share with Reese when he visits Reese is in jail?
9. Why did Vincent not mention the kid he thought might be Ben?
10. What is the most astonishing thing about the Cappadoras finding Ben?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)