|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beth is no longer grief stricken, but now only wants
(a) An unbroken family
(b) What is best for Ben
(c) A new life as a single woman
(d) Whatever Pat wants
2. Ben is a gifted
3. How does the law treat Cecil?
(a) She is acquitted of everything
(b) She is pitied and left alone
(c) She is punished to the full extend of the law
(d) She is charged with everyhing possible
4. What has Beth been doing when the boy comes to her door?
(a) Taking a shower
(b) Trying to comb the snarls out of Kerry's hair
(c) Trying to dry and style her hair
(d) Brushing the hair of the family dog
5. How does Vincent portray himself to his new-found brother?
(a) He wants Ben to think he is an intellectual
(b) He wants Ben to think he is a tough guy
(c) He tries to act like a crazy person
(d) He wants to appear very grown up
Short Answer Questions
1. Reese finally admits that in the hotel lobby he told little Ben to
2. What makes it impossible to interrogate Cecil about the kidnapping?
3. George Karras is a loving
4. What do Sam and Reese do together that bonds them?
5. At the restaurant, Reese and Sam manage to
Short Essay Questions
1. What might have been the reason that Vincent did not share the unfortunate interaction with his coach with Dr. Kilgore?
2. What effect does seeing Ben have on Beth? Why?
3. What is the primary reason for Sam's depression and unhappiness?
4. What does the boy who knocks at Beth's door want?
5. How does Beth steady herself for photographing scenes?
6. What small detail of Ben's disappearance does Reese finally discuss in words with Dr. Kilgore?
7. What is the most astonishing thing about the Cappadoras finding Ben?
8. Why does Beth seek out Nick again? Does she get what she wants?
9. Ben has disappeared again. Where has he gone, and why?
10. What does Beth discover when Vincent leaves for school on this memorable morning when the family is about to re-claim Ben? How does it make her feel?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)