|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beth feel about the memory of Ben?
(a) She does not want to pretend he is alive
(b) She blames Vincent and Pat
(c) She appreciates Rose's hope
(d) She wants to have another child
2. Why does little Ben think you can never come back from the deep end of the ocean?
(a) Because you will want to stay there
(b) Because the ocean is too deep to swim in
(c) Because the water will wash away your footprints
(d) Because the sharks will eat you
3. Vincent has changed his name to
4. What is a clue to Pat's current attitude toward Beth?
(a) He asks to have her knocked out
(b) He is attentive and kind
(c) He cannot touch her during the press interview
(d) He makes excuses for her
5. Why does Beth reject Vincent's loving gestures toward her?
(a) She is angry at Vincent
(b) She has no feelings at all
(c) She does not love Vincent
(d) She does not want to cheat on Ben
6. Pat tells Vincent that he
(a) Saved his life
(b) Wished he were not there
(c) Loves him
(d) Wants to go home
7. Who was assigned to watch Ben when he disappeared?
8. When was the idea for the restaurant born?
(a) After Jill's wedding in Cappadora's
(b) Years prior in Italy
(c) When Ben disappeared
(d) After Vincent's birth
9. The second shoe on the podium was planted for what event?
(a) A conference on forensics
(b) Another scheduled reunion of Beth's high school class
(c) A meeting of the Search for Ben committee
(d) An anniversary party
10. Pat Cappadora's parents are
(a) Restaurant owners
(b) Both ill
(d) Long divorced
11. Why would Candy consider marrying an old friend of hers?
(a) To have a real partner
(b) To create a facade for herself
(c) To have a child
(d) To be a good wife to someone
12. Why won't Reese get a paper route?
(a) He is afraid of getting lost
(b) He is afraid of being kidnapped
(c) He does not want to travel about
(d) He is afraid of the dark
13. Beth has a small psychological breakthrough when she
(a) Takes a walk
14. Teresa announces at an awkward time that
(a) She is jealous of Joey's attention to Beth
(b) She is going home
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is out of patience
15. Reese is privately very concerned about
(a) His grades in school
(b) His physical health
(c) His mother's job
(d) His doctor's approval
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reese do at night while he is in bed?
2. Eventually, Beth begins to
3. What has Laurie done without consulting Beth?
4. What is Rose Cappadora's attitude about Ben?
5. When Beth makes an angry statement on camera, Candy Bliss
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)