|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
2. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(b) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(c) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(d) that using her hell does not hurt her.
3. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he makes him his chamberlain.
(b) he builds him a palace.
(c) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(d) he makes him his regent.
4. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(b) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(c) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(d) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(b) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(c) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
2. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
3. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
4. What does Rustico soon discover?
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)