Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
(b) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(c) because he had the woman as well.
(d) because the monk caught him with a boy.
2. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) wear a bandana over his face.
(b) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
(c) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
(d) pretend he is a deaf mute.
3. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it has very beautiful churches.
(b) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(c) it accomodates Jews.
(d) it leads the way in educating the people.
4. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(b) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(c) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(d) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
5. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
(b) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(c) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(d) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
3. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
4. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
5. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)