|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Huang reconstructs the crime, who admits guilt?
2. What is Jen's wife buried in?
(a) Mountain grave.
(c) Good coffin.
(d) Underground cellar.
3. Who rescues Ts'ui's wife who is captured in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
4. P'u Sung-ling told a story about a woman who had a relationship with a nobleman and was pregnant. What happened to her?
(a) She married him.
(b) She fell in love.
(c) She was abandoned.
(d) She died.
5. Who defends the alibi of the supposed murderer?
(a) Jen's wife.
(b) Huang's wife.
(c) Kao's wife.
(d) Tsao's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a job that Jen's wife can do as a single woman?
2. What does Ts'ui-hsien suspect about the man who wants to marry her?
3. How old is P'u Sung-ling when his father contracts a marriage for him?
4. When P'u Sung-ling wrote about a woman confronting rampaging soldiers, what did she set on fire?
5. When Jen's wife tears the sleeping mat, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the family conflict around P'u Sung-ling's marriage.
2. What does Huang realize about Wang's death from her body?
3. Describe Ts'ui Meng in The Feud.
4. What do many women do after their husbands die in China?
5. Why is Jen able to survive the beating?
6. What does Li do to avenge the death of Wang's wife?
7. How does the boy that Ts'ui Meng befriended rescue him?
8. Why is keeping order difficult in T'an-ch'eng County?
9. Describe Wang's surreal dream.
10. What is done to placate Wang's ghost and why?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)