|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ts'ui-hsien's husband when he enters his wife's mother's home?
(a) He hurts himself.
(b) He falls down a cliff.
(c) He is justified in killing his wife.
(d) He is in the lap of luxury.
2. Where does Jen dump the body after he hears the village watchmen?
(b) Kao's house.
(d) Huang's house.
3. What does Jen's wife's supposed killer deny doing?
(a) Fighting with Jen.
(b) Fighting with Jen's wife.
(c) Killing Jen.
(d) Killing Jen's wife.
4. When Huang reconstructs the crime, who admits guilt?
5. When Jen's wife is abandoned, what situation does she find herself in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered less valuable than a killer?
2. Who is released upon Ts'ui's confession of guilt in court?
3. When Huang goes to Jen's house, what does he notice about the mat?
4. What is not fully enforced during the trial?
5. When a husband died or even castrated himself, women often did what in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Li protect Ts'ui Meng's wife?
2. Describe Ts'ui Meng in The Feud.
3. Why do you think Spence named the book The Death of Woman Wang?
4. How is the woman Wang described in Chapter 5?
5. Describe Wang's surreal dream.
6. How does Jen place the blame of Wang's death on Kao?
7. How does Ts'ui Meng react to a wife murdering her husband and his mother and what does his mother do to appease the situation?
8. How does Ts'ui-hsien outwit her husband through magic?
9. Why is Jen able to survive the beating?
10. What does Li do to avenge the death of Wang's wife?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)