|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a job that Jen's wife can do as a single woman?
(b) Business woman.
2. What does Jen's wife's supposed killer deny doing?
(a) Killing Jen's wife.
(b) Fighting with Jen.
(c) Killing Jen.
(d) Fighting with Jen's wife.
3. Who makes himself the law and uses his violent abilities to right what he sees as injustices in one of P'u Sung-ling's stories?
(a) Din Dan.
(b) Ts'ui Meng.
(c) P'u Sung-ling.
(d) Li Chen.
4. When P'u Sung-ling wrote about a woman confronting rampaging soldiers, what did she set on fire?
(b) Her house.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Their clothes.
5. Who met a young woman named Ts'ui-hsien at a religious ceremony?
(b) P'u Sung-ling.
Short Answer Questions
1. P'u Sung-ling told a story about a woman who had a relationship with a nobleman and was pregnant. What happened to her?
2. Jen's wife is an _________.
3. Who attacks Li and his sons in revenge for being called a gangster?
4. Who rescues Ts'ui's wife who is captured in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
5. Jen is a poor man who marries a woman called _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the boy that Ts'ui Meng befriended rescue him?
2. How does Kao get involved in Jen and Wang's marital dspute at the temple?
3. Why is Kao made to pay for Wang's burial?
4. What happened when Wang woke up from her dream?
5. What is the sad story P'u Sung-ling tells about a young woman and a nobleman?
6. What does he monk urge Ts'ui Meng to do for his own safety?
7. How does Ts'ui Meng react to a wife murdering her husband and his mother and what does his mother do to appease the situation?
8. How is Jen's punishment lessened and what does it say about the Chinese system?
9. How does Ts'ui-hsien outwit her husband through magic?
10. How does Ts'ui Meng try to avenge injustices meted out to Li?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)