|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a woman make medical prescriptions in one of the stories told by P'u Sung-ling from 1668?
(a) With magical spirits.
(b) With a magistrate.
(c) With a fox spirit.
(d) With drugs.
2. Who is drinking with a cousin during the earthquake of 1668?
(b) P'u Sung-ling.
3. What are people forced to do even if they are naked during an earthquake?
(b) Stay inside.
(d) Stay outside.
4. What does the couple use to elope?
(c) Magical kites.
5. The majority of people rebel against what Emperor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject is some of the widows knowledgeable about?
2. What northern group attacks from the north and loots the city prior to taking over China?
3. Who is dragged out of school and beaten to death in the Woman P'eng story?
4. Who nominates a new heir for P'eng?
5. Who does Ting confess his love to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story about the old widow and her fantasy that P'u Sung-ling shares?
2. What is the funny story involving a fox and a rebellion that P'u Sung-ling tells?
3. Describe Hsi-liu and her struggle with Ch'ang fu.
4. Describe the snowfall and its effect on the farmers in T'an-ch'eng in 1671.
5. What kind of loot does the Manchu army take in 1643?
6. What happens after the Manchus take power in T'an-ch'eng in 1644?
7. Describe Hsi-liu and her struggle with Ch'ang hu.
8. How is Feng K'o-t'san described in Chapter 1, the Observers?
9. What happened in the story of the man falling asleep and dreaming?
10. Describe Hsiao-erh and Ting's relationship.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)