|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a method of Chinese punishment?
(b) Community service.
2. Who is protected by corrupt officials despite killing a wife in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
3. Who is arrested as being guilty of killing Jen's wife?
(a) Kao and his wife.
(b) Jen and his father.
(c) Huang and his wife.
(d) Ts'ao and her brother.
4. Who has an alibi on the night of the murder of Jen's wife?
5. In order to keep the family peace, what does P'u Sung-ling's father have to do?
(a) Send P'u Sung-ling away.
(b) Hire a tutor.
(c) Create a white flag.
(d) Divide the family household.
6. Who ends up becoming Li's servant for a year?
7. Who is jealous of P'u Sung-ling's new wife?
(b) Wives of brothers.
(c) Husbands of sisters.
8. Who attacks Li and his sons in revenge for being called a gangster?
(a) Li Tung-chen.
(b) Kuan Ming-yo.
(c) Yu Piao.
(d) Wang K'o-hsi.
9. What does Jen's wife do with another man?
(a) Runs away.
10. When does Huang go to Jen's house to examine evidence?
(a) Next day.
(b) That morning.
(c) Next evening.
(d) That night.
11. Who does Ts'ui Meng adopt for a year?
(a) Young girl.
(b) Slave child.
(d) Young boy.
12. When a wife starves her mother-in-law, what does her husband do secretly in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
(a) Beats his wife.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Feedshis mother.
(d) Calls the police.
13. Who is talking to the men on the night watch during the night of the murder?
(a) Kao's wife.
(b) Huang's wife.
(c) Tsao's wife.
(d) Jen's wife.
14. Who is the magistrate overseeing the case of the murder?
15. What is Jen's wife buried in?
(a) Mountain grave.
(c) Good coffin.
(d) Underground cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do P'u Sung-ling and his wife receive from his father to start their new life?
2. To placate the ghost, where is Jen's wife buried?
3. Who comes to judge Ts'ui for his crime of murder?
4. In China, often women did not have rights and were sold as __________.
5. What is the pile near the mat that Huang notices?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)