|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the murderer that was protected by correct officials?
2. When a husband died or even castrated himself, women often did what in China?
(a) Fought them.
(b) Gave up.
(c) Committed suicide.
3. Who defends the alibi of the supposed murderer?
(a) Kao's wife.
(b) Tsao's wife.
(c) Jen's wife.
(d) Huang's wife.
4. Who is arrested as being guilty of killing Jen's wife?
(a) Ts'ao and her brother.
(b) Jen and his father.
(c) Kao and his wife.
(d) Huang and his wife.
5. Who comes to judge Ts'ui for his crime of murder?
(c) A high official.
6. Who does Ts'ui Meng adopt for a year?
(a) Young boy.
(b) Young girl.
(d) Slave child.
7. When does Huang go to Jen's house to examine evidence?
(a) That morning.
(b) That night.
(c) Next evening.
(d) Next day.
8. Who is released upon Ts'ui's confession of guilt in court?
9. In Jen's wife's dream, where is she sitting?
(a) A library stool.
(b) A bench.
(c) A swing.
(d) A sofa.
10. What is considered less valuable than a killer?
(a) Adulterous wife.
(b) Rich woman.
(c) Good looking man.
(d) Lucky man.
11. After the death of his wife, where does Jen and his father walk?
(a) Court trial.
(b) County seat.
(c) Underground tavern.
(d) Municipal waterhouse.
12. In the "Local History," women remained loyal to their husbands. What did they try to avoid from soldiers?
13. What does Jen's wife's supposed killer deny doing?
(a) Killing Jen.
(b) Fighting with Jen's wife.
(c) Killing Jen's wife.
(d) Fighting with Jen.
14. When Jen's wife is abandoned, what situation does she find herself in?
15. When Jen's wife tears the sleeping mat, what does she do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jen's wife go after being abandoned?
2. What is set off in the hills by a servant to divert the robbers while rescuing Ts'ui's wife in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
3. When the beautiful surroundings disintegrate, what does Jen's wife feel?
4. When Ts'ui-hsien's husband goes to jail, what happens to him?
5. Who forms a band of villagers for mutual defense against the robbers?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)