|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who met a young woman named Ts'ui-hsien at a religious ceremony?
(a) P'u Sung-ling.
2. Who rescues Ts'ui's wife who is captured in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
3. When Jen's wife's body is examined, what is noticed about her?
4. Who is locked up after the alibi is proven about the supposed murderer?
5. Who does Ts'ui Meng adopt for a year?
(a) Slave child.
(b) Young boy.
(d) Young girl.
6. Who does Ts'ui and his mother meet when traveling who is being restrained and beaten?
7. In the "Local History," women remained loyal to their husbands. What did they try to avoid from soldiers?
8. How far away is T'an-ch'eng from Jen's house?
(a) 16 miles.
(b) 24 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
9. What is not fully enforced during the trial?
(a) Respectful judgment.
(b) Full severity of the law.
(c) Full practical application.
(d) Innocent arrests.
10. Who does Jen's wife see with a tumor sticking out of him?
(a) A beaten man.
(b) A priest.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A lawyer.
11. Who does Ts'ui kill in revenge for the suffering of the man he met while traveling with his mother?
(a) Officer and nephew.
(b) Peddler and official.
(c) Noble wife-stealer and wife.
(d) Prostitute and pimp.
12. What is Jen doing to his wife as she is dreaming?
(a) Dancing with her.
(b) Strangling her.
(c) Talking to her.
(d) Mocking her.
13. When a wife starves her mother-in-law, what does her husband do secretly in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
(a) Feedshis mother.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Beats his wife.
14. What happens to Ts'ui-hsien's husband when he enters his wife's mother's home?
(a) He is in the lap of luxury.
(b) He falls down a cliff.
(c) He is justified in killing his wife.
(d) He hurts himself.
15. What does Ts'ui-hsien suspect about the man who wants to marry her?
(a) He has bad habits.
(b) He is a beggar.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When P'u Sung-ling wrote about a woman confronting rampaging soldiers, what did she set on fire?
2. What does Jen's wife do with another man?
3. What decreases the sentence against the killer of Jen's wife?
4. How cold is it the night that Jen quarrels with his wife?
5. Who is Ts'ui Meng supposed to become friends with in order to save his life when he has committed too many crimes?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)