|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the lack of public order and security, what is a big problem in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
2. When Ts'ui-hsien's husband goes to jail, what happens to him?
(a) He falls in love.
(b) He works cheaply.
(c) He gains power.
(d) He dies.
3. Who is released upon Ts'ui's confession of guilt in court?
4. Where does Jen's wife go after being abandoned?
5. When the beautiful surroundings disintegrate, what does Jen's wife feel?
6. Who is talking to the men on the night watch during the night of the murder?
(a) Kao's wife.
(b) Jen's wife.
(c) Huang's wife.
(d) Tsao's wife.
7. What decreases the sentence against the killer of Jen's wife?
(a) Her adultery.
(b) Her money.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His good luck.
8. What do P'u Sung-ling and his wife receive from his father to start their new life?
(a) Land, cottage, and grain.
(b) Cottage, food, and gin.
(c) Land, clothes, and money.
(d) Tools, shed, and machines.
9. How old is P'u Sung-ling when his father contracts a marriage for him?
10. When could a Chinese husband kill a wife according to the law?
(a) If he became a concubine.
(b) If he found himself another partner.
(c) If he was angry.
(d) If he caught his wife having sex.
11. What strong impulse do women have about the family in times of death or stress?
(a) Kill themselves.
(b) Fight back.
(c) Maintain family honor.
(d) Be happy.
12. After who dies does Ts'ui confess his murder?
13. Who has an alibi on the night of the murder of Jen's wife?
14. Who rescues Ts'ui's wife who is captured in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
15. What does Ts'ui-hsien's husband try to do to her?
(a) Sell her.
(b) Help her.
(c) Chase her.
(d) Beat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jen's neighbor who sees Jen's wife when she is hiding?
2. Who murders the cruel wife with a knife who starved her mother-in-law in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
3. In a P'u Sung-ling story, what does a woman do with a peasant in the grass?
4. Who met a young woman named Ts'ui-hsien at a religious ceremony?
5. In order to keep the family peace, what does P'u Sung-ling's father have to do?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)