|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Huang goes to Jen's house, what does he notice about the mat?
2. When a wife starves her mother-in-law, what does her husband do secretly in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Feedshis mother.
(d) Beats his wife.
3. What or whom do the people have fear of after the murder case?
(a) Kao's ghost.
(b) Wang's ghost.
(c) Ts'uai's ghost.
(d) Jen's ghost.
4. What is not fully enforced during the trial?
(a) Innocent arrests.
(b) Respectful judgment.
(c) Full severity of the law.
(d) Full practical application.
5. What is the pile near the mat that Huang notices?
(a) Shell fish.
(d) Dried human waste.
6. What is the punishment for the murderer apart from beating?
(a) Being imprisoned.
(b) Wearing a cangue.
(c) Cutting out his tongue.
(d) Being castrated.
7. What is Jen doing to his wife as she is dreaming?
(a) Talking to her.
(b) Strangling her.
(c) Mocking her.
(d) Dancing with her.
8. How far away is T'an-ch'eng from Jen's house?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 16 miles.
(d) 24 miles.
9. Who met a young woman named Ts'ui-hsien at a religious ceremony?
(c) P'u Sung-ling.
10. When is Jen's wife's supposed killer brought to trial?
(a) Four days after being accused.
(b) Three days after being accused.
(c) Two days after being accused.
(d) Five days after being accused.
11. In China, often women did not have rights and were sold as __________.
12. What strong impulse do women have about the family in times of death or stress?
(a) Kill themselves.
(b) Fight back.
(c) Maintain family honor.
(d) Be happy.
13. Who narrates the story regarding the arrest of Jen's wife's supposed killer?
14. Who attacks Li and his sons in revenge for being called a gangster?
(a) Li Tung-chen.
(b) Wang K'o-hsi.
(c) Yu Piao.
(d) Kuan Ming-yo.
15. Who is Jen's neighbor who sees Jen's wife when she is hiding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a job that Jen's wife can do as a single woman?
2. Where does Jen's wife go after being abandoned?
3. Who is protected by corrupt officials despite killing a wife in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
4. What does Ts'ui-hsien suspect about the man who wants to marry her?
5. When the beautiful surroundings disintegrate, what does Jen's wife feel?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)