|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does someone else have to pay burial expenses for Jen's wife?
(a) For hitting Wang.
(b) For hitting Jen.
(c) For hitting Kao.
(d) For hitting Ts'uai.
2. Who visits an old woman who is spinning in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories about widows?
(a) Young woman.
(b) Old priest.
(c) Old man.
(d) Young man.
3. What story is about people who survive through their magical powers?
(a) White Lotus.
4. How far away is T'an-ch'eng from Jen's house?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 8 miles.
(c) 16 miles.
(d) 24 miles.
5. By the Chinese law, what does the boy's killer receive in the Woman P'eng story?
(c) Death sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the goddess ask the man to write a challenge in the second magic story by P'u Sung-ling from 1668?
2. When P'u Sung-ling wrote about a woman confronting rampaging soldiers, what did she set on fire?
3. Who made up a story that the boy's father killed their father during the chaos of the Manchu invasions?
4. What kind of a dream does Jen's wife have?
5. What subject is some of the widows knowledgeable about?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)