|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jen's wife tears the sleeping mat, what does she do?
2. Who does not understand the law and thinks it is more convoluted that it is in fact in the Woman P'eng story?
3. Who attacks Li and his sons in revenge for being called a gangster?
(a) Li Tung-chen.
(b) Wang K'o-hsi.
(c) Yu Piao.
(d) Kuan Ming-yo.
4. What is the punishment for the murderer apart from beating?
(a) Being castrated.
(b) Wearing a cangue.
(c) Being imprisoned.
(d) Cutting out his tongue.
5. Who narrates the story regarding the arrest of Jen's wife's supposed killer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do P'u Sung-ling and his wife receive from his father to start their new life?
2. What strong impulse do women have about the family in times of death or stress?
3. What is set off in the hills by a servant to divert the robbers while rescuing Ts'ui's wife in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
4. What is the name of the Revolution described in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
5. In a P'u Sung-ling story, what does a woman do with a peasant in the grass?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)