|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Woman Who Ran Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many males does T'an-ch'eng have to provide for forced labor at one time?
2. What is the naive and uneducated head man of the village driven to while trying to pay tax?
3. What act does the official consider morally evil and degrading that many people in China are doing?
4. Who does the young boy see leading government officials in the first magic story by P'u Sung-ling from 1668?
(a) Writer and daughter.
(b) Artist and cook.
(c) Magician and son.
(d) Lawyer and son.
5. In "Hsi-liu," how old is the widow when she is forced to raise two sons on her own?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is P'u Sung-ling when his father contracts a marriage for him?
2. In the second magic story, what does a man who falls asleep dream of?
3. Who by law stands to gain the inheritance lawfully in the Woman P'eng story?
4. In what story does a naive man have to acquire crickets?
5. Who is the magistrate who carefully plots a strategy to kill or capture the Wang gangsters?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)