|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Feud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hsi-liu," how old is the widow when she is forced to raise two sons on her own?
2. What do the couple pose as from the fighting around them?
(a) Tribal people.
3. To whom does the goddess ask the man to write a challenge in the second magic story by P'u Sung-ling from 1668?
4. What does the widow force the lazy person to do in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories about widows?
(a) Herd pigs.
(b) Work in the fields.
(c) Count sheep.
(d) Fight men.
5. When a wife starves her mother-in-law, what does her husband do secretly in one of P'u Sung-Ling's stories?
(a) Feedshis mother.
(b) Beats his wife.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Calls the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the young couple buy for themselves after they elope?
2. What is the exam that the sons of widows need to pass?
3. What are taxes used to maintain in Huang's story?
4. After what event in 1641 is there an attack on the city by bandits?
5. Who writes the misery of the peasants during the ransacking?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)