|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Widow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took over China in 1644?
(b) Ling Dynasty.
(c) Ching Dynasty.
(d) Yu-yu Dynasty.
2. What is another name for forced labor in Huang's story?
3. From where does a woman who is a spirit medium produce a voice in one of the stories told by P'u Sung-ling from 1668?
(a) Behind a fan.
(b) Above the stairs.
(c) In a garden.
(d) Below a box.
4. Who does Ting confess his love to?
(b) White Lotus.
5. After what event in 1641 is there an attack on the city by bandits?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away do workers have to go for forced labor in Huang's story?
2. What does the younger son end up becoming after going to jail in "Hsi-liu?"
3. What is the naive and uneducated head man of the village driven to while trying to pay tax?
4. In the first magic story by P'u Sung-ling from 1668, what event does a young boy attend?
5. What is cruelly enforced in the countryside more than the city according to the magistrate?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)