|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used for fertilizer for sorghum cultivation in Peking in Huang's story?
(a) Human and animal waste.
(b) Artificial pellets.
(c) Vegetable compost.
(d) Coal and wood pellets.
2. In what story does a naive man have to acquire crickets?
(a) The Game Cricket.
(b) The Fighting Cricket.
(c) The Cricket Tax.
(d) The Chinese Cricket.
3. Who is drinking with a cousin during the earthquake of 1668?
(d) P'u Sung-ling.
4. Who writes the misery of the peasants during the ransacking?
(a) Huang Liu-hung.
(d) Feng K'o-t'san.
5. What do the young couple set up as a new occupation after Ting is freed by a large bribe?
(a) Glass factory.
(b) Tax accountancy firm.
(c) Shoe shop.
(d) Herbal shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some soldiers in T'an-ch'eng do when the change of government occurs?
2. What story is about people who survive through their magical powers?
3. Who does the couple ransom after the war is over?
4. P'u Sung-ling tells stories about scholars and ladies and ________________.
5. What is another name for sorghum?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)