|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the misery of the peasants during the ransacking?
(b) Huang Liu-hung.
(c) Feng K'o-t'san.
2. Who does Liu meet with the police who is threatened by starvation?
(a) His magistrate.
(b) A married couple.
(c) His fox spirit.
(d) His spirit medium.
3. When does an earthquake occur in the capital of the Northeast county in China?
4. How does Ting's partner feed the starving people during the famine?
(a) Via a storm.
(b) With magic.
(c) Through an emergency shelter.
(d) With edible thistles.
5. What famous philosopher has ties to T'ang-ch'eng?
(d) P'u Sung-ling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the young couple set up as a new occupation after Ting is freed by a large bribe?
2. What does a rich bandit give the couple?
3. Who took over China in 1644?
4. What does the snowfall fail to lessen in Huang's story?
5. What act does the official consider morally evil and degrading that many people in China are doing?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)