|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Superman use to describe the trouble that he sees ahead while talking to the man in the car he has caught in Chapter 5?
2. What does Superman use to hit Doomsday with before Guardian arrives in Chapter 5?
3. What does Rusty say he is going to need as he walks outside to see Doomsday squash a police car?
4. Where does Superman set the car down that he caught in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the shopping plaza that Doomsday attacks in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Superman switch his strategy against Doomsday at Habitat?
2. What is the difference in the way Superman's mother and father are viewing the actions of the reporters covering the battle in Metropolis?
3. How does Guardian find out about a possible theory of where Doomsday came from?
4. What does Superman notice about the helicopters in the sky as he is fighting Doomsday outside of the shopping center?
5. What is the Cadmus Project, and how does it become involved with the battle between Superman and Doomsday?
6. What is Superman's response when Doomsday attacks an overpass at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. What decision does Superman make at the beginning of Chapter 4 and why?
8. How does Doomsday become interested in Metropolis?
9. What outside attempts are made against Doomsday to help Superman at the end of Chapter 6?
10. How do Superman and Maxima disagree about the approach that should be taken in fighting Doomsday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Superman and Lois have a bond that is evident in various forms during the story.
1) Describe three examples of the connection between Superman and Lois as they are presented throughout the novel.
2) Explain the importance of their conversation while Superman is battling Doomsday and how they express their feelings for each other.
3) Analyze the emotional aspect of Superman and Lois' connection in terms of what it adds to the overall story.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the intelligence level of Doomsday, using at least three examples of how it is depicted in the novel, the influence it has on his trip to Metropolis, and how it compares to his other dangerous characteristics.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot by Clawster and the underground monsters to seize the city's power, how Lois becomes involved in it, and the way that Superman stops the monsters in time to save her. Also, include the overall relevance of the event to the main story and how the underground monsters reappear later in the novel.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)