|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lois repeatedly say into her tape recorder as she ends each section of her summary of the events she is witnessing?
2. As Guardian arrives at the end of Chapter 4, what does Superman realize?
3. What is the name of the gas station that Doomsday throws Maxima towards in Chapter 4?
4. What does Lois think to herself as she observes the battle between Superman and Doomsday over the shopping center?
5. What does Supergirl think that Doomsday must be while battling him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Superman switch his strategy against Doomsday at Habitat?
2. How does Guardian find out about a possible theory of where Doomsday came from?
3. How does Supergirl finally try to help Superman? What does she learn about Doomsday?
4. What is Superman's response when Doomsday attacks an overpass at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. How do Superman and Maxima disagree about the approach that should be taken in fighting Doomsday?
6. How do the underground monsters react to Doomsday in the tunnels, and what is Doomsday's response to them?
7. What does Superman notice about the helicopters in the sky as he is fighting Doomsday outside of the shopping center?
8. What reaction does Superman have when he figures out that Doomsday is heading for Metropolis?
9. What decision does Superman make at the beginning of Chapter 4 and why?
10. What outside attempts are made against Doomsday to help Superman at the end of Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mitch is a high school student who displays resentment against his mother and Superman.
1) Describe Mitch's conversation with his mother when he gets home from school and his reaction to her question about Superman.
2) Explain why Mitch is angry with his mother and how he unfairly blames her for the problems he has with his life.
3) Analyze how Mitch's attitude towards his mother changes when Doomsday begins attacking their house.
Essay Topic 2
Superman and Lois have a bond that is evident in various forms during the story.
1) Describe three examples of the connection between Superman and Lois as they are presented throughout the novel.
2) Explain the importance of their conversation while Superman is battling Doomsday and how they express their feelings for each other.
3) Analyze the emotional aspect of Superman and Lois' connection in terms of what it adds to the overall story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the similarities and differences between a literary novel and a graphic novel in character development, plot, and presentation. Use The Death of Superman as a reference.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)