|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Superman use to describe the trouble that he sees ahead while talking to the man in the car he has caught in Chapter 5?
2. What does Superman wonder about Doomsday as he fights with him in Chapter 4?
3. What does Lois repeatedly say into her tape recorder as she ends each section of her summary of the events she is witnessing?
4. What is the name of the man who is in the car that Doomsday throws into the air in Chapter 5?
5. As Dubbilex attempts to read Doomsday's mind, what is the only thing he finds that the creature is thinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the explosion at the end of Chapter 4, prompting Superman to make another important decision?
2. After Superman returns and saves Mitch's family, what does Guy Gardner tell him?
3. What is Supergirl's initial response to seeing Superman's fight against Doomsday?
4. What is the difference in the way Superman's mother and father are viewing the actions of the reporters covering the battle in Metropolis?
5. How do the underground monsters react to Doomsday in the tunnels, and what is Doomsday's response to them?
6. How does Supergirl finally try to help Superman? What does she learn about Doomsday?
7. How do Superman and Maxima disagree about the approach that should be taken in fighting Doomsday?
8. How do the underground monsters of Metropolis become released?
9. Where does Doomsday go to while Superman is making sure the Justice League members get medical attention? How does Superman prevent him from killing the pilots of two helicopters?
10. What reaction does Superman have when he figures out that Doomsday is heading for Metropolis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Cadmus Project is the source of much speculation, and its role in Doomsday's existence is questioned.
1) Describe the Cadmus Project, what it is responsible for, and where it is located.
2) Explain how the Cadmus Project becomes involved with Superman's battle against Doomsday.
3) Analyze the validity of the theory that Dubbilex offers to Guardian about a possible link between the Cadmus Project's research and Doomsday.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, and Booster Gold are all injured by Doomsday, the extent of their injuries, and why they were unable to stop the creature. Also, provide an analysis of how Doomsday is named, which Justice League member names him, and why it is an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Lex Luthor's character in the novel represents contradicting issues during his conversations with Supergirl.
1) Describe Lex Luthor as he is depicted in the story and how he compares to his father.
2) Explain the reasons that Luthor gives to Supergirl in order to convince her to postpone helping Superman.
3) Analyze what you think Luthor's real agenda is, his opinions of Superman, and Superman's reaction to him.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)