|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area of Metropolis is nearly leveled after the underground gas main explodes in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to Supergirl after she is hit by Doomsday?
3. How many lives does Superman think are endangered by Doomsday as he heads towards heavily populated areas in Chapter 5?
4. What does Doomsday appear to say as he crashes through the rubble at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of Metropolis' power company?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doomsday become interested in Metropolis?
2. Why is Lois looking for Jimmy in Chapter 4? Where does she find him?
3. How does Doomsday try to prevent Superman from saving Mitch's family?
4. After Superman returns and saves Mitch's family, what does Guy Gardner tell him?
5. How does Luthor talk Supergirl into not helping Superman in Chapter 5?
6. What is the Cadmus Project, and how does it become involved with the battle between Superman and Doomsday?
7. How do the underground monsters of Metropolis become released?
8. What information does Dubbilex relay to Guardian after he taps into Doomsday's mind?
9. How does Superman switch his strategy against Doomsday at Habitat?
10. What is Doomsday doing in Metropolis, and how does Superman first try to stop him from being there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ironic situation that Mitch is in when his mother and sister are trapped in a fire, how his opinion about Superman changes, and whether or not he has a new appreciation for Superman's heroic qualities. Include an analysis of the decision that Superman makes in returning to save Mitch's family, why it is a difficult choice, and the consequences he considers while making it.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the similarities and differences between a literary novel and a graphic novel in character development, plot, and presentation. Use The Death of Superman as a reference.
Essay Topic 3
Superman and Lois have a bond that is evident in various forms during the story.
1) Describe three examples of the connection between Superman and Lois as they are presented throughout the novel.
2) Explain the importance of their conversation while Superman is battling Doomsday and how they express their feelings for each other.
3) Analyze the emotional aspect of Superman and Lois' connection in terms of what it adds to the overall story.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)