|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While saving the pilots in the helicopter, how many people does Superman tell them are trapped in the wreckage in Chapter 4?
2. Which laboratory is located in the mountain that Superman and Doomsday are fighting near?
3. What does Doomsday appear to say as he crashes through the rubble at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What does Luthor say about where Doomsday came from in Chapter 6?
5. What happens to Superman temporarily when Doomsday kicks him in mid-air in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Superman's response when Doomsday attacks an overpass at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. After Superman returns and saves Mitch's family, what does Guy Gardner tell him?
3. What decision does Superman make at the beginning of Chapter 4 and why?
4. How does Luthor talk Supergirl into not helping Superman in Chapter 5?
5. What is Supergirl's initial response to seeing Superman's fight against Doomsday?
6. What is the condition of both Superman and Doomsday when Guardian finds Superman at the end of Chapter 5?
7. How does Doomsday try to prevent Superman from saving Mitch's family?
8. What does Superman notice about the helicopters in the sky as he is fighting Doomsday outside of the shopping center?
9. What is the Cadmus Project, and how does it become involved with the battle between Superman and Doomsday?
10. How does Doomsday become interested in Metropolis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the different philosophies that Superman and Maxima have in their battle against Doomsday. Include an explanation of how their philosophies factor into their actions while fighting Doomsday, the earlier disagreement that Maxima had with another Justice League member, why Maxima thinks a certain way, and Superman's differing priorities. Which approach is likely to be the most effective in fighting enemies?
Essay Topic 2
The Justice League of America is a major part of the resistance against Doomsday throughout the book.
1) Describe the introduction of the Justice League, the members that are featured, and their first encounter with Doomsday.
2) Explain the different personalities of the Justice League members and how they coexist as a team.
3) Analyze why some of the other members of the Justice League were not included in the story and what the result might have been if more well known members were featured.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the final battle between Superman and Doomsday in Metropolis, how Superman's resilience is displayed, the damage that the city endures, the ineffectiveness of the outside help that Superman receives, how Superman discovers what can hurt Doomsday, and the reaction of Superman's relentless fight by Lois and Jimmy, as well as Jonathan and Martha Kent. Also, include an analysis of Superman's mindset and how it changes during the battle, along with Lois' reminder to him of the difference between him and Doomsday.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)