|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the reasons that Luthor gives to Supergirl for why she should not help Superman fight Doomsday?
2. How does Lois describe Doomsday in the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What are Dr. Hamilton and his assistants wearing as they jump from the roof to avoid Doomsday?
4. Superman thinks Doomsday is even more single-minded than ______________, a previous opponent.
5. Where does Superman set the car down that he caught in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the underground monsters react to Doomsday in the tunnels, and what is Doomsday's response to them?
2. What is the Cadmus Project, and how does it become involved with the battle between Superman and Doomsday?
3. What is Superman's response when Doomsday attacks an overpass at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What information does Dubbilex relay to Guardian after he taps into Doomsday's mind?
5. What is Doomsday doing in Metropolis, and how does Superman first try to stop him from being there?
6. How does Doomsday try to prevent Superman from saving Mitch's family?
7. Where does Doomsday go to while Superman is making sure the Justice League members get medical attention? How does Superman prevent him from killing the pilots of two helicopters?
8. What causes the explosion at the end of Chapter 4, prompting Superman to make another important decision?
9. What does Superman notice about the helicopters in the sky as he is fighting Doomsday outside of the shopping center?
10. How does Supergirl finally try to help Superman? What does she learn about Doomsday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lex Luthor's character in the novel represents contradicting issues during his conversations with Supergirl.
1) Describe Lex Luthor as he is depicted in the story and how he compares to his father.
2) Explain the reasons that Luthor gives to Supergirl in order to convince her to postpone helping Superman.
3) Analyze what you think Luthor's real agenda is, his opinions of Superman, and Superman's reaction to him.
Essay Topic 2
The Cadmus Project is the source of much speculation, and its role in Doomsday's existence is questioned.
1) Describe the Cadmus Project, what it is responsible for, and where it is located.
2) Explain how the Cadmus Project becomes involved with Superman's battle against Doomsday.
3) Analyze the validity of the theory that Dubbilex offers to Guardian about a possible link between the Cadmus Project's research and Doomsday.
Essay Topic 3
Superman's appearance on the Cat Grant Show provides an in-depth look at his thoughts, as well as a balance to the events taking place simultaneously.
1) Describe the style in which Superman's interview with Cat Grant is presented and where it appears on each page.
2) Explain Superman's thoughts on the other members of the Justice League of America and his position in the Justice League.
3) Describe the events that are taking place during Superman's interview and the balance that is created by showing his appearance on the television show in a particular way.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)