|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does the name Doomsday represent?
2. What does Superman say about violence in Chapter 2?
3. What happens each time the hand hits the door in Chapter 1?
4. For what are the underground monsters trying to use the city's electrical power?
5. What is Mitch's sister's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Superman's answer in Chapter 2, of what is he afraid?
2. What happens to Lois when she investigates the outage at the power station?
3. When asked about his position in the Justice League of America on the Cat Grant Show, how does Superman reply?
4. How do Mitch and his mother react to Doomsday in Chapter 3?
5. How does Superman save Lois from the underground monsters in Chapter 1?
6. What idea does Charlie have about Lois? How does Clawster respond?
7. What plan does the Justice League have for Doomsday in Chapter 3? How effective is it?
8. Where is Doomsday when Guy Gardner approaches him? What happens?
9. What does Lois say about Charlie at the end of Chapter 1?
10. Who is responsible for the power outage in Metropolis in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Death of Superman ends when Superman makes the ultimate sacrifice and stops Doomsday.
1) Describe the impact of the final blows exchanged between Superman and Doomsday and why the last one is pictured through the lens of a camera.
2) Explain how Superman dies in Lois' arms and why his death represents the life of a true hero.
3) Analyze the success of The Death of Superman as a graphic novel and how it generated the interest of so many people with its release.
Essay Topic 2
The Cadmus Project is the source of much speculation, and its role in Doomsday's existence is questioned.
1) Describe the Cadmus Project, what it is responsible for, and where it is located.
2) Explain how the Cadmus Project becomes involved with Superman's battle against Doomsday.
3) Analyze the validity of the theory that Dubbilex offers to Guardian about a possible link between the Cadmus Project's research and Doomsday.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the intelligence level of Doomsday, using at least three examples of how it is depicted in the novel, the influence it has on his trip to Metropolis, and how it compares to his other dangerous characteristics.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)