|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Superman tell Cat Grant about trust in Chapter 2?
2. How does Ice describe the creature's path of destruction in the woods in Chapter 2?
3. How does Clawster respond to Charlie's suggestion that Lois might be taken hostage by the boss in Chapter 1?
4. After Guy Gardner's failed attempt, who is the next Justice League member to battle the creature in Chapter 2?
5. What type of test did Mitch's mother ask him about in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doomsday look like when he starts his rampage through the wilderness?
2. When asked about his position in the Justice League of America on the Cat Grant Show, how does Superman reply?
3. How does The Death of Superman begin? What statement does the beginning make?
4. How does Superman arrive to help the Justice League at the end of Chapter 2, and why is the creature named Doomsday?
5. How does Mitch treat his mother when he gets home from school in Chapter 3?
6. What happens to Blue Beetle when he meets Doomsday in Chapter 2?
7. Where is the Justice League of America in Chapter 2, and what has Doomsday caused?
8. What is Ice's strategy against Doomsday, and why doesn't it work?
9. What note does Lois receive while she is at the Daily Planet? How does she react to it?
10. What is Superman's response to a question about violence on the Cat Grant Show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Doomsday is a consistent character in the novel as the main antagonist.
1) Explain how Doomsday is first introduced and the reasons why it is effective.
2) Analyze the mystery surrounding Doomsday's character, why he is covered up for most of the book, and the effect that his unknown origin has on the story.
3) Describe how and when Superman is first introduced and why it represents the opposite of Doomsday on the previous page.
Essay Topic 2
Superman's appearance on the Cat Grant Show provides an in-depth look at his thoughts, as well as a balance to the events taking place simultaneously.
1) Describe the style in which Superman's interview with Cat Grant is presented and where it appears on each page.
2) Explain Superman's thoughts on the other members of the Justice League of America and his position in the Justice League.
3) Describe the events that are taking place during Superman's interview and the balance that is created by showing his appearance on the television show in a particular way.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, and Booster Gold are all injured by Doomsday, the extent of their injuries, and why they were unable to stop the creature. Also, provide an analysis of how Doomsday is named, which Justice League member names him, and why it is an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)