|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Guy Gardner to be more organized before attacking the monster in Chapter 2?
2. After most of the Justice League team is leveled unconscious by Doomsday, who convinces Maxima to take Blue Beetle to the hospital?
3. How many Justice League members combine their powers against Doomsday in Chapter 3?
4. In her reminder to the man of steel, when was it that Cat Grant indicated Superman and another Justice League member came to blows?
5. What is Lois Lane doing on the cover of The Death of Superman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Blue Beetle when he meets Doomsday in Chapter 2?
2. How do Mitch and his mother react to Doomsday in Chapter 3?
3. How does The Death of Superman begin? What statement does the beginning make?
4. What is Ice's strategy against Doomsday, and why doesn't it work?
5. What do Ice and Maxima disagree about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. What is Superman's response to a question about violence on the Cat Grant Show?
7. What is ironic about the situation Mitch finds himself in as Chapter 3 ends?
8. What happens to Lois when she investigates the outage at the power station?
9. When asked about his position in the Justice League of America on the Cat Grant Show, how does Superman reply?
10. What does Doomsday look like when he starts his rampage through the wilderness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Superman's explanation of the necessity of violence, how it used, and the objectives of superheroes when using it. In addition, discuss the fears that Superman has, the reasons behind them, and include examples of how those fears are represented in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, and Booster Gold are all injured by Doomsday, the extent of their injuries, and why they were unable to stop the creature. Also, provide an analysis of how Doomsday is named, which Justice League member names him, and why it is an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Mitch is a high school student who displays resentment against his mother and Superman.
1) Describe Mitch's conversation with his mother when he gets home from school and his reaction to her question about Superman.
2) Explain why Mitch is angry with his mother and how he unfairly blames her for the problems he has with his life.
3) Analyze how Mitch's attitude towards his mother changes when Doomsday begins attacking their house.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)