|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the Justice League of America in as they save the victims of the creature's destruction in Chapter 2?
2. As Superman explains, which members of the Justice League have a say and vote on issues?
3. Where is the Cat Grant Show being broadcast from in Chapter 2?
4. What happens each time the hand hits the door in Chapter 1?
5. How does Superman fight the monsters in the tunnels in order to save Lois in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does The Death of Superman begin? What statement does the beginning make?
2. How is Superman introduced in Chapter 1?
3. How does Superman save Lois from the underground monsters in Chapter 1?
4. How does Superman answer a question about Guy Gardner while he is giving an interview on the Cat Grant Show?
5. What is Superman's response to a question about violence on the Cat Grant Show?
6. What happens when Superman first meets Doomsday?
7. What does Lois say about Charlie at the end of Chapter 1?
8. What is Ice's strategy against Doomsday, and why doesn't it work?
9. Where is the Justice League of America in Chapter 2, and what has Doomsday caused?
10. What is ironic about the situation Mitch finds himself in as Chapter 3 ends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Death of Superman ends when Superman makes the ultimate sacrifice and stops Doomsday.
1) Describe the impact of the final blows exchanged between Superman and Doomsday and why the last one is pictured through the lens of a camera.
2) Explain how Superman dies in Lois' arms and why his death represents the life of a true hero.
3) Analyze the success of The Death of Superman as a graphic novel and how it generated the interest of so many people with its release.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Supergirl's decision to help Superman against Doomsday, including when, how, and why it is made. Also, provide an analysis of Supergirl's battle with Doomsday and what she discovers about the creature.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Superman's explanation of the necessity of violence, how it used, and the objectives of superheroes when using it. In addition, discuss the fears that Superman has, the reasons behind them, and include examples of how those fears are represented in the novel.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)