|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sense is affected by Superman's fall at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His sense of direction.
(b) His speech.
(c) His hearing.
(d) His vision.
2. As Dubbilex attempts to read Doomsday's mind, what is the only thing he finds that the creature is thinking?
(a) Anger, fear, and destruction.
(b) Anger and destruction.
(c) Fear and anger.
(d) Hate and fear.
3. How does Lois describe Doomsday in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Definitely the deadliest foe Superman has ever faced.
(b) Definitely the most dangerous foe Superman has ever faced.
(c) Probably the most dangerous foe Superman has ever faced.
(d) Probably the deadliest foe Superman has ever faced.
4. What does Superman compare tracking Doomsday to in Chapter 5?
(a) Following the path of a hurricane.
(b) Following the path of a tornado.
(c) Trying to follow a cyclone.
(d) Trying to follow an earthquake.
5. Where does Superman see several chain reaction accidents with a lot of minor injuries as he flies above with the car he has caught in Chapter 5?
(a) Up and down five side streets.
(b) Up and down only one highway.
(c) Up and down both highways.
(d) Up and down three side streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the police chief call the vice-lieutenant governor on the phone as Superman and Doomsday crash through the police station?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 6, how many miles does Doomsday cover with one of his leaps?
3. Which laboratory is located in the mountain that Superman and Doomsday are fighting near?
4. What does Superman say as he is crashing into the restaurant in Chapter 5?
5. What important discovery does Superman make about Doomsday while battling him in the air in the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doomsday become interested in Metropolis?
2. How does Doomsday try to prevent Superman from saving Mitch's family?
3. What decision does Superman make at the beginning of Chapter 4 and why?
4. What information does Dubbilex relay to Guardian after he taps into Doomsday's mind?
5. How does Luthor talk Supergirl into not helping Superman in Chapter 5?
6. How does Superman switch his strategy against Doomsday at Habitat?
7. What is the difference in the way Superman's mother and father are viewing the actions of the reporters covering the battle in Metropolis?
8. What is Superman's response when Doomsday attacks an overpass at the beginning of Chapter 5?
9. How does Supergirl finally try to help Superman? What does she learn about Doomsday?
10. After Superman returns and saves Mitch's family, what does Guy Gardner tell him?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)