|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sense is affected by Superman's fall at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His vision.
(b) His sense of direction.
(c) His speech.
(d) His hearing.
2. What does Lois think to herself as she observes the battle between Superman and Doomsday over the shopping center?
(a) Stay strong, Clark.
(b) Hang in there, Clark.
(c) Be careful, Clark.
(d) Don't worry, Clark.
3. What does Superman say about Metropolis at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) I will draw my strength from Metropolis.
(b) Metropolis is where I must not fail.
(c) Metropolis is where I hold the line.
(d) With Metropolis at stake, I cannot fail.
4. How many survivors does Superman see from the collapsed overpass?
(a) A half dozen.
(b) Very few.
(c) A dozen.
5. What name does the police chief call the vice-lieutenant governor on the phone as Superman and Doomsday crash through the police station?
(a) Pin-head blowhard.
(b) Tin-horn bureaucrat.
(c) Tin-horn blowhard.
(d) Pin-head bureaucrat.
6. What vehicle does Doomsday throw at Superman in Chapter 5, causing him to crash into a restaurant?
(a) A truck.
(b) A car.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A bus.
7. While saving the pilots in the helicopter, how many people does Superman tell them are trapped in the wreckage in Chapter 4?
(a) Two dozen.
(b) Three dozen.
(c) A dozen.
(d) A half dozen.
8. Trying to convince Supergirl not to help Superman, what does Luthor say the people of Metropolis become when Superman is away?
9. How does Superman react to Luthor's decision not to send Supergirl to help him?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is surprised.
10. What instructions does Superman give to the underworld as he realizes that a gas main has been ruptured?
(a) Get back, fast and far as you can.
(b) Run for the tunnel exits.
(c) Run away from the tunnel exits.
(d) Get back, as quickly and quietly as you can.
11. How does Lois describe Doomsday in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Definitely the deadliest foe Superman has ever faced.
(b) Probably the most dangerous foe Superman has ever faced.
(c) Probably the deadliest foe Superman has ever faced.
(d) Definitely the most dangerous foe Superman has ever faced.
12. As Superman throws Doomsday away from the direction of Metropolis, how much does he estimate the monster weighs?
(a) Over two tons.
(b) Over a ton.
(c) Close to a ton.
(d) Close to a half a ton.
13. What does Superman warn Maxima against as she attempts to stop Doomsday at the gas station?
(a) The sparks from the light pole she is holding.
(b) The lack of traction from the gasoline that has spilled.
(c) The current from the telephone cables.
(d) The fire from the van that has been knocked over.
14. What does Rusty say he is going to need as he walks outside to see Doomsday squash a police car?
(a) A tank.
(b) A rocket launcher.
(c) A bigger gun.
(d) A bazooka.
15. What nickname does Superman give to Doomsday after he attacks the helicopter in Chapter 4?
(a) Mr. Destroyer.
(b) Mr. Destructor.
(c) Mr. Destructo.
(d) Mr. Destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Superman see several chain reaction accidents with a lot of minor injuries as he flies above with the car he has caught in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the gas station that Doomsday throws Maxima towards in Chapter 4?
3. As Supergirl and Luthor watch the news report, what has the death toll reached in Chapter 5?
4. How many miles away from Metropolis are they when Superman realizes that is where Doomsday is trying to go?
5. How far does Doomsday throw Superman towards the ground from the air in Chapter 6?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)