|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to a student's question, what are Superman's fears?
(a) Hurting innocent people and for himself, but not of failure.
(b) Failure, hurting innocent people, and for himself.
(c) Hurting innocent people, but not of failure or for himself.
(d) Failure and hurting innocent people, but not for himself.
2. According to the note that Lois receives in Chapter 1, where is Superman needed?
(a) Next to the power station.
(b) Under the power station.
(c) Across the street from the power station.
(d) At the power station.
3. What does Mitch wrongly blame his mother for in Chapter 3?
(a) His low self-esteem.
(b) His lack of friends.
(c) His parents' divorce.
(d) His low grades in school.
4. According to Cat Grant, which of these groups suggests that Superman has provided a strength and focus to the Justice League that they were lacking?
(a) Respected observers.
(c) Ordinary citizens.
(d) The other Justice League members.
5. What happens when Doomsday attempts to hit Superman for the first time?
(a) Superman ducks.
(b) Superman takes the punch without flinching.
(c) Superman catches the punch and grabs Doomsday.
(d) Superman blocks the punch.
6. What is Mitch's sister's name?
7. How does Doomsday make Superman go through Mitch's house?
(a) He throws him.
(b) He punches him.
(c) He kicks him.
(d) He throws a car at him.
8. According to Cat Grant, which of the following characters is included on a list of names of those who have lived very public lives?
(a) Green Arrow.
(b) Aqua Man.
(c) Wonder Woman.
9. What are the creatures doing at the power station after the lights go out?
10. How long is Clark Kent at work before the lights go out in Chapter 1?
(a) Only long enough to glance at the computer.
(b) Only long enough to turn on the computer.
(c) Not long enough to turn on the computer.
(d) Not long enough to glance at the computer.
11. How does the wildlife react to the creature in Chapter 1?
(a) It stops and stares at the creature.
(b) It runs towards the creature.
(c) It attempts to surround the creature.
(d) It flees from the creature.
12. What is Ice's response in Chapter 2 when Guy Gardner asks her what the difference is between him and Superman?
13. Which ones of the following pertains to Charlie?
(a) He knows how to stop the monsters.
(b) He is homeless.
(c) He works for the power station.
(d) He lives a block away from the power station.
14. Who is the first Justice League member to call the monster Doomsday?
(a) Booster Gold.
(c) Blue Beetle.
15. What is Doomsday destroying with one hand behind his back when Mitch and his mother first see him?
(a) A stop light.
(b) The car.
(c) A street sign.
(d) The neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the caption as the hand hits the door in Chapter 1?
2. Where is the Cat Grant Show being broadcast from in Chapter 2?
3. Which animal does the creature crush in its hand in Chapter 1?
4. Which sound is written in as a hand hits the door in Chapter 1?
5. What is Mitch looking for in the refrigerator as he treats his mother disrespectfully in Chapter 3?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)