|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lizzie reports that she had been how old when she first started to work at Trepassen House?
2. As Hal walks toward the village of St. Piran, the reader learns that she is going there to find which character?
3. Who is there to fetch Hal from the train station on her journey from Brighton back to Trepassen House?
4. What was the first name of the taxi driver, now deceased, who had taken Maggie back to Trepassen House after the birth of her child?
5. What term does Mrs. Warren NOT use to describe Hal's mother on the night she catches Hal climbing out a window?
(c) Gold digger.
6. What main course does Mrs. Warren serve at the dinner featured in Chapter 25?
7. When Hal gets to the village of St. Piran, the narrator describes it as "a collection of buildings blown together like" (254) what?
(b) Pick-up sticks.
(c) Lincoln logs.
8. When Hal gets out of Ezra's car back at Trepassen House in Chapter 23, what objects fall out of her pocket in addition to the photograph Abel had given her?
(b) Tarot cards.
9. Edward tells Hal that which character cannot stand having another person angry with him?
10. How old had Maud been when Lizzie began to work at Trepassen House?
(a) 2 or 3.
(b) 9 or 10.
(c) 12 or 13.
(d) 5 or 6.
11. What type of tarot reading does Hal perform for Kitty?
(a) A Fan Spread.
(b) A Planetary Spread.
(c) A Celtic Cross spread.
(d) A Horseshoe Spread.
12. When Edward and Hal walk into the dining room from outside, which character is the only one missing?
13. In what country does Ezra live full-time?
14. What statement does Hal make to Ezra during a car ride that the narrator then declares to be "only half true" (183)?
(a) That she does not want a big family.
(b) That she does not miss her mother.
(c) That she does not want to move into Trepassen House.
(d) That she does not want to meet her father.
15. What is the last topic Hal mentions before Abel puts an end to the tarot reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role had Lizzie fulfilled within Trepassen House during her time there?
2. What year is included in all diary entries presented within the text?
3. Hal guesses that Lizzie is in what decade of life when she meets her for the first time?
4. Harding tells Hal in Chapter 34 that he has made an appointment with Mr. Treswick for which day?
5. What type of document listing a certain character's address does Hal bring with her on her walk to the village of St. Piran?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)