|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hal leaves the meeting at Mr. Treswick's office, she believes that which character at the meeting had held something back that he had wanted to say?
(a) Mr. Treswick.
2. Edward tells Hal that which character cannot stand having another person angry with him?
3. Lizzie reports having seen Maggie sporting "a black eye and a split lip" (259) while on her way to what location one day?
(a) The garden.
(b) The hospital.
(d) The bathroom.
4. What name does Mrs. Warren call Hal when she catches her climbing out of a window at Trepassen House?
5. How many minutes late for the appointment with Mr. Treswick do Hal and Ezra arrive?
6. What major revelation does Hal make to the Westaway brothers in Chapter 37?
(a) She is not Maud's daughter.
(b) She is not Ezra's daughter.
(c) She is not Maud's sister.
(d) She is not Maggie's daughter.
7. What obstacle would Hal have if she were required to buy her own ticket back toward Trepassen House?
(a) She has no identification.
(b) She does not know the route.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She does not want to be seen on camera.
8. Hal considers in Chapter 33 that which character is the only one at Trepassen House who has never trusted her?
(b) Mrs. Warren.
9. What type of document listing a certain character's address does Hal bring with her on her walk to the village of St. Piran?
(a) A resume.
(b) A diary entry.
(c) A bill.
(d) A letter.
10. In the picture Hal now has in her possession, who is the only subject looking at the photographer?
11. What term does Mrs. Warren NOT use to describe Hal's mother on the night she catches Hal climbing out a window?
(c) Gold digger.
12. Whose voice represented in the diary Hal finds does NOT resonate with her?
13. To what train station must Hal travel from Brighton in order to reach Trepassen House?
(d) St. Piran.
14. What type of art does Ezra's art gallery display in the place where he lives full-time?
(a) Oil paintings.
(c) Charcoal drawings.
15. As Hal walks toward the village of St. Piran, the reader learns that she is going there to find which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. The diary entry featured at the end of Chapter 22 is dated the 8th of which month?
2. When Hal leaves Trepassen House in the middle of the night, she crawls out of a window in which room?
3. What intention does Hal announce within her voicemail message to Harding?
4. Who is there to fetch Hal from the train station on her journey from Brighton back to Trepassen House?
5. Who warns Hal in Chapter 37 to get out of Trepassen House while she "still can" (277)?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)