|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what century was the oldest part of Trepassen House constructed, according to Harding?
(a) The 1600s.
(b) The 1700s.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) The 1500s.
2. Mrs. Warren tells Hal that she must stay in a bedroom in what part of Trepassen House?
(a) The boathouse.
(b) The barn.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
3. The man with the lisp waiting for Hal inside her kiosk tells her that she has one week to pay his boss Mr. Smith how many pounds?
4. About how many years before the narrative present had Hal taken out a loan from Mr. Smith?
5. In Chapter 17, Hal mistakenly wanders into rooms belonging to whom?
(a) Mrs. Warren.
6. For about how many minutes do Harding and Abel ask questions of Hal in Chapter 13 once she has been introduced to them?
7. One of the reasons Hal believes the letter about Trepassen House to have been a mistake is because her maternal grandmother's first name had been what?
8. Who flashes a "Cheshire cat smile" (68) at Hal during the funeral for Hester Westaway?
(d) Mrs. Warren.
9. When Hal performs a tarot reading for herself in Chapter 7, she draws the card depicting the Page of which objects?
10. In what month does the narrative begin?
11. What color is Hal's hair?
12. Which character shakes Hal's hand upon meeting her in Chapter 12?
13. What liquid splashes onto Hal's face when the man with the lisp destroys her property?
14. Abel is not particularly angry about the contents of his mother Hester's will because he says he had been cut off how many years before?
15. Hal often insists to her clients that the tarot cards are not what metaphorical object?
(a) A prison cell.
(b) A death warrant.
(c) A signal.
(d) A free pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds does the client in Chapter 6 throw onto Hal's table before leaving the kiosk?
2. About how old was Hal in the photograph featuring herself and her mother?
3. In Chapter 5, Hal visits Reg's booth in order to purchase what item?
4. In Chapter 18, Hal believes that which character associated with the Westaway family is her biological mother?
5. How many pounds had Hal originally borrowed from the loan shark Mr. Smith?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)