|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Hal introduces herself to the Westaway family, who speaks up to add that she is "Maud's daughter" (91)?
(a) Mr. Treswick.
2. Into what location does Hal put her tarot cards and the picture Abel had given her before going downstairs to answer Harding's summons in Chapter 19?
(a) Her back pocket.
(b) Her suitcase.
(c) Under the sink.
(d) Behind the wainscoting.
3. Mrs. Warren tells Hal that she must stay in a bedroom in what part of Trepassen House?
(a) The barn.
(b) The basement.
(c) The boathouse.
(d) The attic.
4. How old was Hal when her mother dashed her hopes of ever learning the identity of her father?
5. In Chapter 20, Hal overhears Harding telling Mitzi that which character had included the words "Apres moi, le deluge" (163) in her final letter to him?
6. In what room within Trepassen House does Hal discover and look at a photograph album?
(a) The study.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The conservatory.
(d) The living room.
7. What types of birds attack Mr. Treswick's car as he and Hal approach Trepassen House?
8. When Hal returns to her kiosk after chasing after her client, what sign does she notice that she may not be alone when she enters her flat?
(a) The lock is scratched.
(b) The door is open.
(c) The door is closed.
(d) The lights are off.
9. What kind of food is Hal carrying home to her flat in Brighton in Chapter 1?
(a) Blood sausage.
(b) Bangers and mash.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Beef stew.
10. What is Hal's legal first name?
11. In what century was the oldest part of Trepassen House constructed, according to Harding?
(a) The 1700s.
(b) The 1600s.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) The 1500s.
12. In what position is octogenarian Mrs. Warren employed within Trepassen House?
(b) Interior designer.
13. What is the only color Mrs. Warren is wearing the first time Hal meets her?
14. How many teenage children do Harding and his wife Mitzi have together?
15. Hal often insists to her clients that the tarot cards are not what metaphorical object?
(a) A signal.
(b) A death warrant.
(c) A prison cell.
(d) A free pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, Hal mistakenly wanders into rooms belonging to whom?
2. What color is Hal's hair?
3. Where has the photograph of Hal and her mother laughing on Brighton Beach been located for the past ten years?
4. Which character pulls Hal into a hug upon meeting her in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Hal run after the client who has just departed in Chapter 6?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)