|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Edward comes to fetch Hal for dinner, near what feature on the property of Trepassen House is she standing?
(a) The garden.
(b) The koi pond.
(c) The lake.
(d) The garage.
2. When Hal leaves Trepassen House in the middle of the night, she crawls out of a window in which room?
(a) The attic bedroom.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The study.
3. One of the reasons Hal believes the letter about Trepassen House to have been a mistake is because her maternal grandmother's first name had been what?
4. When Hal gets to the village of St. Piran, the narrator describes it as "a collection of buildings blown together like" (254) what?
(c) Lincoln logs.
(d) Pick-up sticks.
5. Who flashes a "Cheshire cat smile" (68) at Hal during the funeral for Hester Westaway?
(d) Mrs. Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles lie between Trepassen House and the village of St. Piran?
2. About how old was Hal in the photograph featuring herself and her mother?
3. Lizzie reports having seen Maggie sporting "a black eye and a split lip" (259) while on her way to what location one day?
4. What does Hal do when she hears that Harriet Westaway has been awarded the remainder of Hester Westaway's estate?
5. When Hal arrives in Brighton after climbing out the window of Trepassen House, she goes straight to what area of her flat?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)