|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of document listing a certain character's address does Hal bring with her on her walk to the village of St. Piran?
(a) A diary entry.
(b) A bill.
(c) A letter.
(d) A resume.
2. Hal feels anger toward which member of her family as she sets out for her walk to the village of St. Piran?
(c) Her mother.
3. It is revealed in Chapter 13 that Maud and Maggie had been related to one another in what way?
(a) They were sisters-in-law.
(b) They were sisters.
(c) They were stepsisters.
(d) They were cousins.
4. In what month does the narrative begin?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Hal feels which emotion that "she hadn't dared to feel in many years" (12)?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Hal shake her head before Ezra steps out onto the ice near the boathouse?
2. Which character urges Hal in Chapter 24 to use the night to think over the contents of Hester's will?
3. As Hal prepares to meet the Westaway family at Trepassen House, she feels like what kind of athlete?
4. In Chapter 45, Hal realizes that which character had raised her?
5. Hal's tattoo on her side and back pictures what sort of bird?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)