|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what train station must Hal travel from Brighton in order to reach Trepassen House?
(c) St. Piran.
2. Ezra admits in Chapter 47 to murdering which two characters?
(a) Freddie and Maggie.
(b) Maud and Mrs. Warren.
(c) Maud and Abel.
(d) Maud and Maggie.
3. Which character is NOT named as an executor of Hester Westaway's will?
(d) Mrs. Warren.
4. What intention does Hal announce within her voicemail message to Harding?
(a) Her intention to keep in touch.
(b) Her intention to determine the identity of her father.
(c) Her intention to renounce the will.
(d) Her intention to return to Trepassen House.
5. When Hal gets to the village of St. Piran, the narrator describes it as "a collection of buildings blown together like" (254) what?
(b) Lincoln logs.
(c) Pick-up sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. A diary entry included in Chapter 22 features which character's return home during a break from Oxford?
2. Whose voice represented in the diary Hal finds particularly resonates with her?
3. What name does Mrs. Warren call Hal when she catches her climbing out of a window at Trepassen House?
4. What is said to strike Hal "like a slap of icy water" (343) at the start of Chapter 48?
5. What type of art does Ezra's art gallery display in the place where he lives full-time?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)