1. The epigraph included at the start of the novel The Death of Mrs. Westaway features what element in association with the number seven?
(c) A secret.
2. What kind of food is Hal carrying home to her flat in Brighton in Chapter 1?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) Blood sausage.
(c) Beef stew.
(d) Bangers and mash.
3. What color is Hal's hair?
4. How old is Hal when the novel begins?
5. In what month does the narrative begin?
6. What is Hal's legal first name?
7. How many years have passed since the death of Hal's mother?
8. Where has the photograph of Hal and her mother laughing on Brighton Beach been located for the past ten years?
(a) On the wall by the front door.
(b) On the refrigerator.
(c) On the mantelpiece.
(d) On the bedside table.
This section contains 4,138 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)