Chapters 1 - 7
• In Chapter 1, the reader is introduced to Thomas, the protagonist of The Death Cure.
• Thomas is being held in a white room, isolated from his friends and fellow Gladers because he is infected with a virus called the Flare.
• From the previous two books in the series, The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials, the reader knows that Thomas and the Gladers have been tested by an organization called WICKED.
• WICKED’s main objective is ending the Flare virus, which is a disease that causes those infected to transform into zombie-like inhuman creatures.
• On the 26th day of Thomas’s stay in isolation, the door to Thomas’s room opens.
• In Chapter 2, a man called “the Rat Man” who works for WICKED comes into Thomas’s room.
• The Rat Man informs Thomas that although he is infected with the Flare virus, he is immune to the...
This section contains 3,589 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)