|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture is on a postcard that Julie leaves with Bri?
2. What does Alex take from Kevin's body to give to Father Mulrooney?
3. When will the next convoy be?
4. On September 16, how long do Alex, Julie, and Kevin stand in line for the food distribution?
5. What was the name of the postulant who died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
2. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
3. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
5. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
6. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
7. Where do Alex and Julie put Bri after she dies?
8. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
9. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
10. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14, Alex feels like an outsider in New York for the first time in his life, although he has felt like an outsider other places. Discuss where and why Alex has felt like an outsider.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)