|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On December 3, how much snow does Alex estimate has fallen?
2. Whose identification papers will be given to Julie?
3. How long had Harvey been dead when Alex found him?
4. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
5. Where does Alex tell Julie to go in Chapter 15 when he thinks someone has broken into their apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
2. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
3. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
5. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
6. How does Kevin die?
7. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
8. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
9. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
10. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Alex realizes that Bri and Julie have been taking care of him just as he has taken care of them. Discuss how the siblings have been taking care of one another.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, after Alex finds Harvey dead, he makes a note to pray for Harvey's soul. Discuss the role of prayer in the Morales children's lives.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)