|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What last thing does Alex look for before he and Julie leave?
2. When does Alex announce that they are moving?
3. What is the temperature on September 16?
4. What time does Alex give up trying to sleep at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. Where does Alex tell Julie that he has gone when he leaves her a note in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Alex's radio?
2. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
3. Why was Bri sent home?
4. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
5. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
6. How long was Alex sick?
7. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
8. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
9. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
10. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 7, Alex begins to realize that rules are sometimes meant to be broken. The objective of this lesson is to discuss how and why Alex begins to realize that sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Chapter 4, Alex realizes that the future he dreamed of no longer matters. Compare and contrast the future Alex dreamed of before the disaster and the future he sees after the disaster.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)