|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Flynn's company?
2. What does Harvey give Alex after he brings in Julie lottery ticket?
3. Where does Harvey tell Alex he can send him and Bri?
4. Who is the first to ask Julie to dance at her birthday party?
5. On December 9, how many sisters does Julie say have died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
3. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
4. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. How did Bri die?
6. How does Kevin die?
7. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
8. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
9. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
10. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 7, Alex begins to realize that rules are sometimes meant to be broken. The objective of this lesson is to discuss how and why Alex begins to realize that sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 15-16, their is a feeling of dread mixed with the hope that Alex feels as he counts down the days to the convoy. Discuss the overall mood of "The Dead and the Gone".
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)