|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Julie that he has gone when he leaves her a note in Chapter 19?
2. Where did Bri go on Alex's birthday?
3. Who is the first to ask Julie to dance at her birthday party?
4. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
5. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
2. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
3. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
4. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
5. Why was Bri sent home?
6. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
7. How long was Alex sick?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
9. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
10. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)