|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature on September 16?
2. How many blocks can Bri walk before having an asthma attack?
3. Where does Harvey tell Alex he can send him and Bri?
4. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
5. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
3. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
4. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
5. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
6. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
7. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
8. What happened to Alex's radio?
9. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
10. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 7, Alex and Julie go to their first food distribution. Discuss the food distribution and whether it solves or creates problems.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Alex goes body shopping for the first time. Discuss body shopping and its importance.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)