|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Alex and his sisters live when they move out of their basement apartment?
2. How many stories tall is Alex's apartment building?
3. By Christmas Eve, how far can Alex walk without collapsing?
4. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
5. What was the name of the postulant who died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
2. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
3. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
4. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. How does Kevin die?
6. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
7. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
8. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
9. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
10. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 9, Alex goes body shopping for the first time. Discuss body shopping and its importance.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11, Alex decides to throw Julie a birthday party. Discuss Julie's birthday party and what it meant to everyone to be able to have a birthday party.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)