|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
2. Whose identification papers will Father Mulrooney give Alex?
3. How far does Alex think he will have to shovel snow in order to get to the Port Authority?
4. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What does Kevin give Julie for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
2. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
3. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
5. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
6. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
7. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
8. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
9. What happened to Alex's radio?
10. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11, Alex decides to throw Julie a birthday party. Discuss Julie's birthday party and what it meant to everyone to be able to have a birthday party.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 15-16, their is a feeling of dread mixed with the hope that Alex feels as he counts down the days to the convoy. Discuss the overall mood of "The Dead and the Gone".
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)