|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bri holding when they find her?
2. When does Alex announce that they are moving?
3. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
4. When the furnace shuts down, how many days are there until the convoy leaves?
5. In what language does Bri say the Hail Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kevin die?
2. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
3. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
4. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
5. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
7. What happened to Alex's radio?
8. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
9. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
10. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 13-14, Alex worries about his sisters and wants to get them out of New York City. Discuss places Alex and his sisters could have gone and which option Alex chooses.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)