|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harvey give Alex in exchange for a diamond ring and a gun?
2. When does Alex announce that they are moving?
3. What does Alex take from Kevin's body to give to Father Mulrooney?
4. What day is Julie's birthday?
5. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
2. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
3. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
4. How does Kevin die?
5. How did Bri die?
6. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
7. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
8. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
9. What happened to Alex's radio?
10. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)