|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex nearly break when he falls?
2. Where had officials planned to move New York at first?
3. By Christmas Eve, how far can Alex walk without collapsing?
4. What item does Alex ask if Harvey will give him on account?
5. On what floor is Mr. Flynn's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
2. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
3. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
4. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
5. How does Kevin die?
6. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
7. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
8. Why can't Alex get into other apartments than the ones that he has keys for?
9. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
10. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, Alex realizes that Bri and Julie have been taking care of him just as he has taken care of them. Discuss how the siblings have been taking care of one another.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 13-14, Alex worries about his sisters and wants to get them out of New York City. Discuss places Alex and his sisters could have gone and which option Alex chooses.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)