|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Alex think he will have to shovel snow in order to get to the Port Authority?
2. How long does Alex think it might take to drag Bri to the Port Authority to catch the convoy?
3. How long had Father Mulrooney taught at St. Vincent de Paul?
4. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
5. What does Julie fix for Bri when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
2. How long was Alex sick?
3. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
4. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
6. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
7. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
8. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
9. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
10. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, Alex feels like an outsider in New York for the first time in his life, although he has felt like an outsider other places. Discuss where and why Alex has felt like an outsider.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Chapter 4, Alex realizes that the future he dreamed of no longer matters. Compare and contrast the future Alex dreamed of before the disaster and the future he sees after the disaster.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)