|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Alex have liked to eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. By December 28, how long has it been since Alex has eaten?
3. How long does Alex think it might take to drag Bri to the Port Authority to catch the convoy?
4. By Christmas Eve, how far can Alex walk without collapsing?
5. What is the temperature on September 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
3. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
4. Why can't Alex get into other apartments than the ones that he has keys for?
5. Why was Bri sent home?
6. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
7. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
8. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
9. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
10. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, James Flaherty returns from a summer spent in Pennsylvania. Compare and contrast the conditions in New York City and in Pennsylvania.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Chapter 4, Alex realizes that the future he dreamed of no longer matters. Compare and contrast the future Alex dreamed of before the disaster and the future he sees after the disaster.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)