|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony give Alex on October 28?
2. What time do Alex and his sisters arrive at the Port Authority?
3. What temperature had Alex thought heaven would be?
4. What food is left when the Morales kids return to their apartment?
5. What is Bri holding when they find her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 15-16, their is a feeling of dread mixed with the hope that Alex feels as he counts down the days to the convoy. Discuss the overall mood of "The Dead and the Gone".
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 13-14, Alex worries about his sisters and wants to get them out of New York City. Discuss places Alex and his sisters could have gone and which option Alex chooses.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)