|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex take from Kevin's body to give to Father Mulrooney?
2. What item does Alex ask if Harvey will give him on account?
3. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
4. Whose identification papers will Father Mulrooney give Alex?
5. On what day does the furnace ran out of heating oil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
2. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
4. How did Bri die?
5. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
6. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
7. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
8. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
9. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
10. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11, Alex decides to throw Julie a birthday party. Discuss Julie's birthday party and what it meant to everyone to be able to have a birthday party.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 9, Alex goes body shopping for the first time. Discuss body shopping and its importance.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, Alex realizes that Bri and Julie have been taking care of him just as he has taken care of them. Discuss how the siblings have been taking care of one another.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)