|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the hospital where Alex's mother worked?
2. What item does Alex ask if Harvey will give him on account?
3. When the furnace shuts down, how many days are there until the convoy leaves?
4. Where will Sister Rita go?
5. Where does Alex tell Julie to go in Chapter 15 when he thinks someone has broken into their apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
2. Why can't Alex get into other apartments than the ones that he has keys for?
3. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
4. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
5. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
6. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
7. Why was Bri sent home?
8. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
9. How does Kevin die?
10. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 7, Alex begins to realize that rules are sometimes meant to be broken. The objective of this lesson is to discuss how and why Alex begins to realize that sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 13-14, Alex worries about his sisters and wants to get them out of New York City. Discuss places Alex and his sisters could have gone and which option Alex chooses.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)