|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
2. When will the convoy leave that Mr. Flynn will make reservations for Alex and his sisters?
3. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
4. Where does Harvey tell Alex he can send him and Bri?
5. By December 28, how long has it been since Alex has eaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
2. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
3. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
4. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
5. What happened to Alex's radio?
6. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
7. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
9. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
10. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, after Alex finds Harvey dead, he makes a note to pray for Harvey's soul. Discuss the role of prayer in the Morales children's lives.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)