|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Flynn's company?
2. When does Alex announce that they are moving?
3. On what floor is Mr. Flynn's office?
4. Where do Alex and Julie take Bri's body?
5. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
2. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
3. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
5. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
6. What happened to Alex's radio?
7. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
8. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
9. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
10. How did Bri die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 7, Alex and Julie go to their first food distribution. Discuss the food distribution and whether it solves or creates problems.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Alex begins to realize that rules are sometimes meant to be broken. The objective of this lesson is to discuss how and why Alex begins to realize that sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)