|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. Where do Alex and Julie take Bri's body?
3. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
4. Where will Alex and his sisters live when they move out of their basement apartment?
5. At what street is it no longer possible to use the sled?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
2. Why can't Alex get into other apartments than the ones that he has keys for?
3. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
4. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
5. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
6. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
7. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
8. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
9. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
10. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, Alex feels like an outsider in New York for the first time in his life, although he has felt like an outsider other places. Discuss where and why Alex has felt like an outsider.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Alex goes to Yankee Stadium to try to find his mother. Discuss the trip to Yankee Stadium and Alex's feelings about the trip.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)