|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Alex get sick?
2. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
3. Where does Alex tell Julie that he has gone when he leaves her a note in Chapter 19?
4. How long had Father Mulrooney taught at St. Vincent de Paul?
5. What type of cereal does Harvey give Alex when Alex trades in his father's scotch and beer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
2. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
3. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
4. What happened to Alex's radio?
5. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
6. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
7. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
8. Where do Alex and Julie put Bri after she dies?
9. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
10. How does Kevin die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Alex and Julie go to their first food distribution. Discuss the food distribution and whether it solves or creates problems.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)