|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Julie and Alex eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. Where does Alex tell Julie that he has gone when he leaves her a note in Chapter 19?
3. When does Alex allow Bri to go to mass?
4. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
5. How many blocks can Bri walk before having an asthma attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Alex get into other apartments than the ones that he has keys for?
2. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
3. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
4. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
5. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
6. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
7. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
8. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
9. How does Kevin die?
10. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Alex goes to Yankee Stadium to try to find his mother. Discuss the trip to Yankee Stadium and Alex's feelings about the trip.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, Alex realizes that Bri and Julie have been taking care of him just as he has taken care of them. Discuss how the siblings have been taking care of one another.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)