|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Bri say the Hail Mary?
2. Who is the first to ask Julie to dance at her birthday party?
3. What does Harvey give Alex in exchange for a diamond ring and a gun?
4. What last thing does Alex look for before he and Julie leave?
5. What does Alex grab for protection after he packs up everything he can find in Harvey's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
2. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
3. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
4. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
5. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
6. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
7. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
8. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
9. What happened to Alex's radio?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Alex and Julie go to their first food distribution. Discuss the food distribution and whether it solves or creates problems.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)