|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
2. On December 3, how much snow does Alex estimate has fallen?
3. Whose identification papers will Father Mulrooney give Alex?
4. By September 15, how many sleeping bags has Alex been able to gather?
5. Where will Alex and his sisters live when they move out of their basement apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
2. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
3. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
4. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
5. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
6. Why can't Alex get into other apartments than the ones that he has keys for?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
8. How does Kevin die?
9. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
10. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 13-14, Alex worries about his sisters and wants to get them out of New York City. Discuss places Alex and his sisters could have gone and which option Alex chooses.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Alex and Julie go to their first food distribution. Discuss the food distribution and whether it solves or creates problems.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)