|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the owners of the cat in 16D when the disaster ocurred?
2. When do the vegetables in Julie's garden die?
3. How old is Briana?
4. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What group of students begin to sniffle at the beginning of school in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
2. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
3. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
4. How did Bri die?
5. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
6. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
7. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
8. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
9. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
10. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Alex and Julie go to their first food distribution. Discuss the food distribution and whether it solves or creates problems.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)