|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number bus is Alex assigned to to take him to Yankee Stadium?
2. In Chapter 9, who is Julie's new best friend?
3. In what apartment is there a problem with the plumbing?
4. What day is Bri's birthday?
5. What is Alex's ethnicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
2. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
3. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
4. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
5. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
6. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
7. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
8. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
9. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
10. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Alex goes to Yankee Stadium to try to find his mother. Discuss the trip to Yankee Stadium and Alex's feelings about the trip.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)