|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cousin that Uncle Jimmy and his family will stay with?
2. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Where does Bob from 12D work?
4. At what time does Alex finally get a dial tone so he can try to call Bri?
5. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
2. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
3. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
4. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
5. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
6. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
7. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
8. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
9. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
10. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, Alex feels like an outsider in New York for the first time in his life, although he has felt like an outsider other places. Discuss where and why Alex has felt like an outsider.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 7, Alex begins to realize that rules are sometimes meant to be broken. The objective of this lesson is to discuss how and why Alex begins to realize that sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)