Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony Loretto's mother believe that mandatory evacuations will occur by September?
2. When Alex returns to school in Chapter 3, where are students to report?
3. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the cousin that Uncle Jimmy and his family will stay with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
2. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
3. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
4. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
5. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
6. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
7. Why was Bri sent home?
8. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
9. What is a bigger problem than the earthquake on August 1?
10. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
In Chapter 7, Alex begins to realize that rules are sometimes meant to be broken. The objective of this lesson is to discuss how and why Alex begins to realize that sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)