|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will girls meet who are going to a convent in upstate New York?
2. How long does a scientist who is being interviewed on television believe it will take for life to return to normal?
3. How many blocks from the distribution center is the line when Alex and Julie arrive?
4. Where is Alex's father when the moon is hit?
5. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
2. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
3. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
4. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
5. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
6. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
7. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
8. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
9. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
10. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, Alex realizes that Bri and Julie have been taking care of him just as he has taken care of them. Discuss how the siblings have been taking care of one another.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, after Alex finds Harvey dead, he makes a note to pray for Harvey's soul. Discuss the role of prayer in the Morales children's lives.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)