|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on June 3?
2. How many bodies were found in a church in Northridge, California?
3. How many blocks from the distribution center is the line when Alex and Julie arrive?
4. How many girls are being asked to stay indefinitely at a convent in upstate New York?
5. How often does Alex try on Bri's birthday to get a dial tone and call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
3. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
4. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
5. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
6. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
7. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
8. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
9. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
10. What is a bigger problem than the earthquake on August 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Alex begins to realize that rules are sometimes meant to be broken. The objective of this lesson is to discuss how and why Alex begins to realize that sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)