|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex go to scream curses at an empty building?
2. By the time Briana is invited to live in a convent, how much food do she and her siblings have left?
3. Where are Uncle Jimmy and his family going when they leave New York?
4. What time does Uncle Jimmy wake Alex?
5. What kind of cereal does Alex get in exchange for some of the items he finds during his first body shopping expedition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
2. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
3. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
4. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
5. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
6. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
7. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
8. What is a bigger problem than the earthquake on August 1?
9. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
10. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 13-14, Alex worries about his sisters and wants to get them out of New York City. Discuss places Alex and his sisters could have gone and which option Alex chooses.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)