Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alex and his sister have for breakfast after helping Uncle Jimmy?
2. From which apartment do Alex and Julie get Oreos and other food?
3. How often does Alex try on Bri's birthday to get a dial tone and call her?
4. By August 8, how many signatures is Alex able to get from the elderly he checks on daily?
5. On what day does Alex return to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
2. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
3. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
4. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
5. Why was Bri sent home?
6. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
7. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
8. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
9. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
10. What is Briana's schedule at the farm?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Chapter 4, Alex realizes that the future he dreamed of no longer matters. Compare and contrast the future Alex dreamed of before the disaster and the future he sees after the disaster.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Alex goes body shopping for the first time. Discuss body shopping and its importance.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)