|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cereal does Alex get in exchange for some of the items he finds during his first body shopping expedition?
2. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What time does Uncle Jimmy wake Alex?
4. When Alex returns to school in Chapter 3, where are students to report?
5. What group of students begin to sniffle at the beginning of school in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
2. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
3. Where do Alex and Julie put Bri after she dies?
4. How long was Alex sick?
5. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
6. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
7. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
8. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
9. What happened to Alex's radio?
10. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11, Alex decides to throw Julie a birthday party. Discuss Julie's birthday party and what it meant to everyone to be able to have a birthday party.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, Alex realizes that Bri and Julie have been taking care of him just as he has taken care of them. Discuss how the siblings have been taking care of one another.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)