|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Father Franco tell his parishioners to begin boiling drinking water and wear insect repellent?
2. Which teacher will teach science at St. Vincent de Paul?
3. What color hair does one dead girl have in Yankee Stadium?
4. In Chapter 7, what street do Alex and Julie walk down as they head to the food distribution?
5. In what branch of the military does Carlos serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
2. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
3. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
4. What is Briana's schedule at the farm?
5. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
7. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
8. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
9. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
10. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Alex goes to Yankee Stadium to try to find his mother. Discuss the trip to Yankee Stadium and Alex's feelings about the trip.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14, Alex feels like an outsider in New York for the first time in his life, although he has felt like an outsider other places. Discuss where and why Alex has felt like an outsider.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)