|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what type of food does Kevin give Alex?
2. Where will girls meet who are going to a convent in upstate New York?
3. What is James Flaherty's father's occupation?
4. What is Alex's ethnicity?
5. When does Father Franco tell his parishioners to begin boiling drinking water and wear insect repellent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
2. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
3. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
4. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
5. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
6. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
7. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
8. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
9. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
10. Why does Alex tell his sisters that their parents are never coming back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 9, Alex goes body shopping for the first time. Discuss body shopping and its importance.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Alex has an external conflict that he is struggling with. Then he faces some internal conflicts because of decisions he has made. Discuss conflicts that Alex faced throughout the novel.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)