|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Chris's family go now that his sister is home?
2. What time does Kevin want to go body shopping on August 9?
3. On August 29, how long has a body been decomposing in front of a pizza place?
4. What landmark has Alex heard was destroyed during the disaster?
5. What do Alex and his sister have for breakfast after helping Uncle Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
2. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
3. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
4. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
5. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
6. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
7. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
8. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
9. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
10. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Alex goes to Yankee Stadium to try to find his mother. Discuss the trip to Yankee Stadium and Alex's feelings about the trip.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Chapter 4, Alex realizes that the future he dreamed of no longer matters. Compare and contrast the future Alex dreamed of before the disaster and the future he sees after the disaster.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)