|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
2. How old is Briana?
3. Where did James Flaherty spent the summer?
4. What time is the mass that Alex attends in Chapter 2?
5. In what classroom are class officers to meet with the new headmaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
2. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
3. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
4. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
5. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
6. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
7. What is a bigger problem than the earthquake on August 1?
8. Why does Alex tell his sisters that their parents are never coming back?
9. What is Briana's schedule at the farm?
10. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Alex goes to Yankee Stadium to try to find his mother. Discuss the trip to Yankee Stadium and Alex's feelings about the trip.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, after Alex finds Harvey dead, he makes a note to pray for Harvey's soul. Discuss the role of prayer in the Morales children's lives.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11, Alex decides to throw Julie a birthday party. Discuss Julie's birthday party and what it meant to everyone to be able to have a birthday party.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)