|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Greg Dunlap going to go?
2. What does Alex eat for lunch at school on August 8?
3. Where is Carlos stationed?
4. What does Julie worry won't survive in her garden now that the sun isn't shining?
5. What is the name of the cousin that Uncle Jimmy and his family will stay with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Alex tell his sisters that their parents are never coming back?
3. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
4. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
5. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
6. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
7. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
8. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
9. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
10. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, after Alex finds Harvey dead, he makes a note to pray for Harvey's soul. Discuss the role of prayer in the Morales children's lives.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)