|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what classroom are class officers to meet with the new headmaster?
2. Where is Alex's father when the moon is hit?
3. Where does Alex go to scream curses at an empty building?
4. When does Father Franco think that St. Margaret's will close?
5. What classes are offered at St. Vincent de Paul by August?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
2. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
3. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
4. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
5. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
6. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
7. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
8. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
9. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
10. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Alex has an external conflict that he is struggling with. Then he faces some internal conflicts because of decisions he has made. Discuss conflicts that Alex faced throughout the novel.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)