|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James Flaherty's father's occupation?
2. What kind of cereal does Alex get in exchange for some of the items he finds during his first body shopping expedition?
3. How old is Briana?
4. In Chapter 7, what type of food does Kevin give Alex?
5. What is Alex's ethnicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
2. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
3. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
4. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
5. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
6. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
7. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
8. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
9. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
10. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of Chapter 4, Alex realizes that the future he dreamed of no longer matters. Compare and contrast the future Alex dreamed of before the disaster and the future he sees after the disaster.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11 Bri comes home. Discuss why Bri and five other girls returned to New York.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)