|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. Where does Bob from 12D work?
3. What time does Kevin want to go body shopping on August 9?
4. How old is Julie?
5. How long has Alex known Chris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
3. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
4. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
5. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
6. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
7. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
8. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
9. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
10. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, James Flaherty returns from a summer spent in Pennsylvania. Compare and contrast the conditions in New York City and in Pennsylvania.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, after Alex finds Harvey dead, he makes a note to pray for Harvey's soul. Discuss the role of prayer in the Morales children's lives.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)