|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Kevin want to go body shopping on August 9?
2. How many of Alex's classmates' families will be leaving New York City immediately after school ends?
3. When does Father Franco think that St. Margaret's will close?
4. Where does Tony Loretto's mother believe that mandatory evacuations will occur by September?
5. How old is Briana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
2. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
3. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
4. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
5. How does Kevin die?
6. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
7. What do Alex and Julie think has happened to Bri?
8. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
9. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
10. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, after Alex finds Harvey dead, he makes a note to pray for Harvey's soul. Discuss the role of prayer in the Morales children's lives.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, Alex and Julie are able to stretch their dwindling food supplies. Discuss how Alex and Julie are able to get enough food to survive.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)