|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does one dead girl have in Yankee Stadium?
2. How much does the customer pay that Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. When does Father Franco think that St. Margaret's will close?
4. In Chapter 9, who is Julie's new best friend?
5. Where does Alex want to go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
2. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
3. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
4. What is Briana's schedule at the farm?
5. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
6. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
7. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
8. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
9. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
10. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Alex considers rules and the structure they impose. Discuss rules and Alex's feelings about rules.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, after Alex finds Harvey dead, he makes a note to pray for Harvey's soul. Discuss the role of prayer in the Morales children's lives.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)