|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Julie?
2. How many new faculty members are at St. Vincent de Paul when the fall session opens?
3. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. In what classroom are class officers to meet with the new headmaster?
5. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
2. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
3. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
4. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
5. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
6. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
7. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
8. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
9. Why does Alex tell his sisters that their parents are never coming back?
10. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, Alex feels like an outsider in New York for the first time in his life, although he has felt like an outsider other places. Discuss where and why Alex has felt like an outsider.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 13-14, Alex worries about his sisters and wants to get them out of New York City. Discuss places Alex and his sisters could have gone and which option Alex chooses.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Alex goes body shopping for the first time. Discuss body shopping and its importance.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)