|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many postcards does Alex find in his mailbox on July 19?
2. Where is Greg Dunlap going to go?
3. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. In what branch of the military does Carlos serve?
5. In Tokyo, how many were killed during food riots by June 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
2. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
3. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
4. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
5. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
6. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
7. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
8. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
9. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
10. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 15, Alex has an external conflict that he is struggling with. Then he faces some internal conflicts because of decisions he has made. Discuss conflicts that Alex faced throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Chapter 4, Alex realizes that the future he dreamed of no longer matters. Compare and contrast the future Alex dreamed of before the disaster and the future he sees after the disaster.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)