|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Julie?
2. In Tokyo, how many were killed during food riots by June 4?
3. What time does Kevin want to go body shopping on August 9?
4. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
5. On which coast of Puerto Rico were all the villages and small town decimated?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
2. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
3. What is Briana's schedule at the farm?
4. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
5. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
6. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
7. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
8. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
9. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
10. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 9-10, there are more health concerns and more people die. Discuss the health conditions after the disaster and how they were dealt with.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, the Morales children have theories about why their mother hasn't called. Discuss these reasons.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)