|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people will Alex have to check up on each day before school?
2. Where were the owners of the cat in 16D when the disaster ocurred?
3. In Chapter 5, which apartment has a leaking bathroom sink?
4. At what time does Alex finally get a dial tone so he can try to call Bri?
5. What time does Alex get up on July 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
2. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
3. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
4. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
5. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
6. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
7. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
8. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
9. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
10. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, Alex feels like an outsider in New York for the first time in his life, although he has felt like an outsider other places. Discuss where and why Alex has felt like an outsider.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11, Alex decides to throw Julie a birthday party. Discuss Julie's birthday party and what it meant to everyone to be able to have a birthday party.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, Alex still has hope even through the long tortuous walk to the Port Authority. The objective of this lesson is to discuss hope and where Alex and Bri find hope.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)