|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
2. How old is Julie?
3. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on June 3?
4. What landmark has Alex heard was destroyed during the disaster?
5. Which saint does Alex say must be very busy interceding for everyone who's praying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
2. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
3. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
4. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
6. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
7. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
8. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
9. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
10. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Bri is invited to live in a convent in upstate New York. Compare how Alex, Bri, and Julie feel about the invitation.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 15-16, their is a feeling of dread mixed with the hope that Alex feels as he counts down the days to the convoy. Discuss the overall mood of "The Dead and the Gone".
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Alex begins to realize that rules are sometimes meant to be broken. The objective of this lesson is to discuss how and why Alex begins to realize that sometimes rules are meant to be broken.
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)