|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie fix for Bri when she returns home?
2. How long does it take Alex and Julie to get ready to go look for Bri in Chapter 19?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
3. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
(a) November 25.
(b) November 28.
(c) December 1.
(d) December 5.
4. How long had Harvey been dead when Alex found him?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 24 hours.
5. What does Harvey give Alex in exchange for a diamond ring and a gun?
(d) Sleeping bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had officials planned to move New York at first?
2. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
3. By September 15, how many sleeping bags has Alex been able to gather?
4. From where does a man leap when Julie and Alex are walking home from school one day?
5. On September 16, what one item does Harvey refuse to trade for food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
2. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
3. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
4. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
5. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
6. How does Kevin die?
7. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
8. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
9. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
10. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)