|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bri go on Alex's birthday?
(a) St. Vincent's.
(b) Holy Angels.
(c) St. Margaret's.
2. Where does Harvey tell Alex he can send him and Bri?
(c) South Carolina.
3. When does Julie tell her siblings that she had planned to check her lottery tickets?
(b) Alex's birthday.
(d) Her birthday.
4. On what day does the furnace ran out of heating oil?
(a) December 2.
(b) November 30.
(c) November 29.
(d) December 1.
5. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
(a) 10 degrees.
(b) 15 degrees.
(c) 5 degrees.
(d) 20 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
2. What day is Julie's birthday?
3. What is the temperature on September 16?
4. What color crepe paper is hung for Julie's birthday party?
5. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
2. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
3. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
5. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
6. What happened to Alex's radio?
7. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
8. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
9. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
10. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)