|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
(a) January 4.
(b) January 7.
(c) January 2.
(d) January 9.
2. What does Tony give Alex on October 28?
(c) Cartridges for Bri's inhaler.
3. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
(a) Macaronia and cheese.
(b) Tuna and noodles.
(c) Spaghetti and clam sauce.
(d) Soup and sandwiches.
4. What type of cereal does Harvey give Alex when Alex trades in his father's scotch and beer?
(d) Cocoa Puffs.
5. How long was Alex sick and mostly unconscious?
(a) A week.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harvey give Alex after he brings in Julie lottery ticket?
2. Where had officials planned to move New York at first?
3. Whose identification papers will be given to Julie?
4. What does Alex ask Julie to get to wrap Bri in?
5. What does Alex miss the most since the disaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
2. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
3. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
4. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
5. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
6. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
7. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
8. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
9. How does Kevin die?
10. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)