|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A few years before the disaster, how much money did Alex's father win from lottery tickets?
2. Where will Alex and his sisters live when they move out of their basement apartment?
3. When did Alex's family move to a DRU?
(a) After Christmas.
(b) After Thanksgiving.
(c) Before Thanksgiving.
(d) Before Christmas.
4. What type of cereal does Harvey give Alex when Alex trades in his father's scotch and beer?
(c) Cocoa Puffs.
5. On what day does the furnace ran out of heating oil?
(a) November 29.
(b) December 2.
(c) November 30.
(d) December 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
2. When the furnace shuts down, how many days are there until the convoy leaves?
3. Where had officials planned to move New York at first?
4. What would Alex have liked to eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What does Harvey give Alex after he brings in Julie lottery ticket?
Short Essay Questions
1. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
2. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
3. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
4. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
5. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
6. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
7. What happened to Alex's radio?
8. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
9. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
10. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)