|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
(a) 20 degrees.
(b) 10 degrees.
(c) 5 degrees.
(d) 15 degrees.
2. What would Alex have liked to eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Peanut Butter.
(c) Minestrone soup.
3. On December 3, how much snow does Alex estimate has fallen?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 7 inches.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) 4 inches.
4. What does Alex ask Julie to get to wrap Bri in?
(a) A favorite quilt.
5. What was the name of the hospital where Alex's mother worked?
(a) City of Hope.
(b) St. Jude's.
(d) St. John of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Kevin show up to body shop on December 5?
2. On what street does Julie fall?
3. Where does Alex tell Julie that he has gone when he leaves her a note in Chapter 19?
4. What does Alex grab for protection after he packs up everything he can find in Harvey's place?
5. What color crepe paper is hung for Julie's birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
2. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
3. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
4. How does Kevin die?
5. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
6. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
7. What do Alex and Julie do before they go to look for Bri on the 27th?
8. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
9. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
10. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)