|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On September 16, what one item does Harvey refuse to trade for food?
2. What temperature had Alex thought heaven would be?
3. What was the name of the postulant who died?
4. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
(a) December 1.
(b) December 5.
(c) November 28.
(d) November 25.
5. What color crepe paper is hung for Julie's birthday party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What is the temperature on September 16?
3. What item does Alex ask if Harvey will give him on account?
4. When the furnace shuts down, how many days are there until the convoy leaves?
5. When does Alex get sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Kevin's family live and what are the conditions like there?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
3. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
5. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
6. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
7. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
8. Where do Alex and Julie put Bri after she dies?
9. Why does Alex get worried when it snows?
10. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)