|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 2 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
2. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
3. When does Alex announce that they are moving?
(a) October 4.
(b) November 15.
(c) November 1.
(d) September 28.
4. By September 15, how many sleeping bags has Alex been able to gather?
5. What time do Alex and his sisters arrive at the Port Authority?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lottery tickets did Julie take?
2. What does Alex nearly break when he falls?
3. In what language does Bri say the Hail Mary?
4. What time does Kevin show up to body shop on December 5?
5. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
2. Why was Bri sent home?
3. What does Harvey say about Julie's lottery ticket?
4. If the next convoy leaves December 26, why won't Alex be allowed to go?
5. Why aren't Alex and his sisters able to get out of New York City on the convoy?
6. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
7. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
9. How does Kevin die?
10. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)