|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Father Mulrooney taught at St. Vincent de Paul?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. What food is left when the Morales kids return to their apartment?
(a) Rice and spinach.
(b) Beans and macaroni.
(d) Canned fruit and vegetables.
3. By December 28, how long has it been since Alex has eaten?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
4. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
(a) Spaghetti and clam sauce.
(b) Soup and sandwiches.
(c) Macaronia and cheese.
(d) Tuna and noodles.
5. A few years before the disaster, how much money did Alex's father win from lottery tickets?
Short Answer Questions
1. What temperature had Alex thought heaven would be?
2. Where does Alex tell Julie to go in Chapter 15 when he thinks someone has broken into their apartment?
3. How long does it take Bri to get down all 12 flights of stairs from their new apartment?
4. When does Alex get sick?
5. On December 9, how many sisters does Julie say have died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the things that Alex dreams about when he is sick?
2. How did Bri die?
3. What does Bri want to do to celebrate her father's birthday?
4. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
5. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
6. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
7. How long was Alex sick?
8. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
9. Why was Bri sent home?
10. What does Harvey propose to help Alex get out of New York?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)