|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is left when the Morales kids return to their apartment?
(a) Canned fruit and vegetables.
(c) Rice and spinach.
(d) Beans and macaroni.
2. What last thing does Alex look for before he and Julie leave?
(a) Birth certificates.
(b) St. Christopher medal.
(c) Picture of his family.
(d) His mother's rosary.
3. When does Alex get sick?
(a) December 18.
(b) December 16.
(c) December 17.
(d) December 15.
4. How long does it take Alex and his sisters to get to 70th St. pulling the sled?
(a) An hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. When did Alex's family move to a DRU?
(a) After Thanksgiving.
(b) Before Thanksgiving.
(c) After Christmas.
(d) Before Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Alex allow Bri to go to mass?
2. Where had officials planned to move New York at first?
3. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
4. What day is Alex's father's birthday?
5. When Alex is sick and dreaming, who does he think is standing next to his borthe Carlos sobbing hysterically?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Alex see now that Bri is back and how does he plan to solve them?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Alex think something is wrong when he and Julie approach their apartment?
3. How did Alex's sisters get him to take aspirin?
4. How long was Alex sick?
5. Why doesn't Bri want to leave the apartment building?
6. Why does Alex thank Christ after he finds Bri?
7. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
8. How did Julie get lottery tickets?
9. Why was Bri sent home?
10. Why can't Alex get into other apartments than the ones that he has keys for?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)