|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who is Julie's new best friend?
2. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) In Bri's bed.
(c) Julie's room.
(d) His parents' bed.
3. In Chapter 5, which apartment has a leaking bathroom sink?
4. How many people will Alex have to check up on each day before school?
5. In what branch of the military does Carlos serve?
(c) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tokyo, how many were killed during food riots by June 4?
2. At what time does Alex finally get a dial tone so he can try to call Bri?
3. Where is Greg Dunlap going to go?
4. What subjects will the new headmaster teach?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Alex hope will be in the bags of food that are distributed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
2. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
3. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
4. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
5. Why does Alex tell his sisters that their parents are never coming back?
6. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
7. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
8. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
9. What is a bigger problem than the earthquake on August 1?
10. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)