|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does a cop begin telling people that the food is gone?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 10:30 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 11:30 a.m.
2. On August 29, how long has a body been decomposing in front of a pizza place?
(a) 5 days.
(b) A week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 8 days.
3. In Chapter 7, what type of food does Kevin give Alex?
(b) Canned ham.
(c) Peanut Butter.
4. What is the name of the cousin that Uncle Jimmy and his family will stay with?
(a) Pedro Jiminez.
(b) Jesus Gonzalez.
(c) Miguel Flores.
(d) Antonio Maestas.
5. By August, how many Catholic hospitals are open in New York City?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subjects will the new headmaster teach?
2. How long has Alex known Chris?
3. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
4. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
5. What is the name of the place where Bri is living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
2. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
3. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
4. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
5. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
6. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
7. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
8. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
9. What is Briana's schedule at the farm?
10. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)