|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does a cop begin telling people that the food is gone?
(a) 11:30 a.m.
(b) 10:30 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
2. How long does a scientist who is being interviewed on television believe it will take for life to return to normal?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 6 months.
3. Where does Alex work?
(a) Joey's Pizza.
(c) Fong's Restaurant.
(d) Brooklyn Deli.
4. How many priests are missing when Alex first returns to school?
5. How many people are waiting in line for the bus when Alex arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. When do the vegetables in Julie's garden die?
3. Where will Chris's family go now that his sister is home?
4. By June 4, how many mass suicides had there been in and around Los Angeles?
5. In Tokyo, how many were killed during food riots by June 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
3. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
4. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
5. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
6. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
7. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
8. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
9. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
10. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)