|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many new faculty members are at St. Vincent de Paul when the fall session opens?
2. On what day does the electricity come back on?
(a) May 23.
(b) May 22.
(c) May 20.
(d) May 21.
3. How many people are waiting in line for the bus when Alex arrives?
4. Why do New Yorkers have to start boiling their water?
(b) E coli.
5. What time does Kevin want to go body shopping on August 9?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Briana?
2. In what apartment is there a problem with the plumbing?
3. What does Alex eat for lunch at school on August 8?
4. What game does Alex offer to teach Julie to help pass the time?
5. What is Alex's ethnicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
2. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
3. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
4. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
5. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
6. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
7. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
8. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
9. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
10. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)