|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which teacher will teach science at St. Vincent de Paul?
(a) Mr. Bello.
(b) Mr. James.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Kim.
2. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on June 3?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) Spinach and pears.
(c) Spaghetti and red clam sauce.
(d) Beans and rice.
3. What landmark has Alex heard was destroyed during the disaster?
(a) Twin Towers.
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) Washington Monument.
4. Where does Alex go to scream curses at an empty building?
(a) 84th and Columbus.
(b) 83rd and Amsterdam.
(c) Central Park East.
(d) Central Park West.
5. What day is Bri's birthday?
(a) July 5.
(b) July 1.
(c) July 2.
(d) July 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. At school, who refuses to pick up a piece of paper when Alex asks that it be picked up?
2. From which apartment do Alex and Julie get Oreos and other food?
3. How often does Alex try on Bri's birthday to get a dial tone and call her?
4. How long in Chapter 4 does Alex have to wait to see Father Franco?
5. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
2. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
3. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
4. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
5. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
6. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
7. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
8. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
9. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
10. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)