|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By August 8, how many signatures is Alex able to get from the elderly he checks on daily?
2. Who is Julie's best friend?
3. By August, how many Catholic hospitals are open in New York City?
4. What show are Alex's sisters watching in Chapter 4?
(a) Brady Bunch.
(b) I Love Lucy.
(c) The Waltons.
(d) Leave it to Beaver.
5. On what day does the electricity come back on?
(a) May 21.
(b) May 22.
(c) May 20.
(d) May 23.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. What time is the mass that Alex attends in Chapter 2?
3. At what street does Alex try to find a subway station?
4. Where do Alex and Julie have to get in line for their first food distribution?
5. How old is Briana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
2. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
3. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
4. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
5. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
6. What is a bigger problem than the earthquake on August 1?
7. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
8. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
9. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
10. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)