|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Julie's room.
(b) In Bri's bed.
(c) His parents' bed.
2. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
(a) June 29.
(b) May 18.
(c) April 13.
(d) July 4.
3. By the time Briana is invited to live in a convent, how much food do she and her siblings have left?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 20 days.
4. In Chapter 9, who is Julie's new best friend?
5. Where do Alex and Julie have to get in line for their first food distribution?
(a) 83rd and Amsterdam.
(b) 81st and Columbus.
(c) 84th and Amsterdam.
(d) 82nd and Columbus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Kevin want to go body shopping on August 9?
2. What is Alex's ethnicity?
3. On what day does the electricity come back on?
4. On what day does Alex return to school?
5. Where does Alex go to scream curses at an empty building?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
2. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
3. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
4. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
5. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
6. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
7. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
8. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
9. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
10. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)