|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do New Yorkers have to start boiling their water?
(d) E coli.
2. In Chapter 9, who is Julie's new best friend?
3. How old is Briana?
4. By the time Briana is invited to live in a convent, how much food do she and her siblings have left?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 20 days.
5. Where is Alex's father when the moon is hit?
(b) Puerto Rico.
Short Answer Questions
1. By June 4, how many mass suicides had there been in and around Los Angeles?
2. What do Alex and his sister have for breakfast after helping Uncle Jimmy?
3. On what day does Alex return to school?
4. How many new faculty members are at St. Vincent de Paul when the fall session opens?
5. Where are Uncle Jimmy and his family going when they leave New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
2. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
4. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
5. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
6. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
7. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
8. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
9. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
10. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)