|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex work?
(b) Joey's Pizza.
(c) Fong's Restaurant.
(d) Brooklyn Deli.
2. How many people are in the Binghamton evacuation center?
3. What does Julie worry won't survive in her garden now that the sun isn't shining?
(b) String beans.
4. What does Alex eat for lunch at school on August 8?
(a) Boiled potatoes and canned carrots.
(b) Peanut butter sandwich.
(c) Spinach and bread.
5. Where will Chris's family go now that his sister is home?
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show are Alex's sisters watching in Chapter 4?
2. Where was Chris's sister when the disaster occurred?
3. From which apartment do Alex and Julie get Oreos and other food?
4. What game does Alex offer to teach Julie to help pass the time?
5. How many postcards does Alex find in his mailbox on July 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
2. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
3. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
4. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
5. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
6. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
7. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
8. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
9. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
10. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)