|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex work?
(a) Joey's Pizza.
(b) Fong's Restaurant.
(c) Brooklyn Deli.
2. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
3. On what day does Alex return to school?
(a) May 23.
(b) May 25.
(c) May 26.
(d) May 24.
4. Where is Carlos stationed?
(a) South Carolina.
5. What landmark has Alex heard was destroyed during the disaster?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) Twin Towers.
(c) Washington Monument.
(d) Empire State Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do New Yorkers have to start boiling their water?
2. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Where does Alex want to go to college?
4. What is the name of the place where Bri is living?
5. What do Alex and his sister have for breakfast after helping Uncle Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
2. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
3. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
4. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
5. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
6. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
7. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
8. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
10. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)