|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many priests are missing when Alex first returns to school?
2. Why do New Yorkers have to start boiling their water?
(a) E coli.
3. How many girls are being asked to stay indefinitely at a convent in upstate New York?
4. How many postcards does Alex find in his mailbox on July 19?
5. Where will Chris's family go now that his sister is home?
(c) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long in Chapter 4 does Alex have to wait to see Father Franco?
2. What number bus is Alex assigned to to take him to Yankee Stadium?
3. What is the name of the cousin that Uncle Jimmy and his family will stay with?
4. How much does the customer pay that Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What fell off Tony Loretto's dresser during the August 1 earthquake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
3. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
4. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
5. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Alex tell his sisters that their parents are never coming back?
7. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
8. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
9. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
10. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)