|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alex's ethnicity?
(c) Puerto Rican.
2. At school, who refuses to pick up a piece of paper when Alex asks that it be picked up?
3. What does Alex eat for lunch at school on August 8?
(a) Boiled potatoes and canned carrots.
(c) Peanut butter sandwich.
(d) Spinach and bread.
4. What subjects will the new headmaster teach?
(a) Latin and advanced theology.
(b) Biology and chemistry.
(c) Economics and social studies.
(d) Calculus and physics.
5. What is James Flaherty's father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do New Yorkers have to start boiling their water?
2. By August 8, how many signatures is Alex able to get from the elderly he checks on daily?
3. In Chapter 7, what type of food does Kevin give Alex?
4. By the time Briana is invited to live in a convent, how much food do she and her siblings have left?
5. In what branch of the military does Carlos serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kevin die?
2. Where do Alex and Julie put Bri after she dies?
3. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
4. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
5. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
6. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
7. By December 5, what does Harvey want the boys to look for when they body shop?
8. Why does a tenant call Alex's apartment in Chapter 5?
9. How does Alex plan to survive nights without heat?
10. Why do James and Tony need to speak to Alex at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)