|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which apartment do Alex and Julie get Oreos and other food?
2. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on June 3?
(a) Spaghetti and red clam sauce.
(b) Spinach and pears.
(c) Beans and rice.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
3. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
4. What game does Alex offer to teach Julie to help pass the time?
5. What is James Flaherty's father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Alex hope will be in the bags of food that are distributed?
2. What subjects will the new headmaster teach?
3. By August, how many Catholic hospitals are open in New York City?
4. What number bus is Alex assigned to to take him to Yankee Stadium?
5. Where was Chris's sister when the disaster occurred?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two reasons why the sky might be gray and the air taste funny?
2. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
3. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
4. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
5. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
6. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
7. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
8. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
9. When Father Mulrooney tells Alex he can't have lunch because he hasn't done his work, why does Alex just leave?
10. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)