Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tony Loretto's mother believe that mandatory evacuations will occur by September?
(a) East of 74th St.
(b) South of 45th St.
(c) East of 83rd St.
(d) South of 34th St.
2. When Alex returns to school in Chapter 3, where are students to report?
(c) Their first period class.
3. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Greg Dunlap.
(b) Bill Wong.
(c) David Andrews.
(d) Mario Marcetti.
4. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) In Bri's bed.
(c) Julie's room.
(d) His parents' bed.
5. What is the name of the cousin that Uncle Jimmy and his family will stay with?
(a) Pedro Jiminez.
(b) Jesus Gonzalez.
(c) Antonio Maestas.
(d) Miguel Flores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Alex get up on July 1?
2. What is the name of the place where Bri is living?
3. What landmark has Alex heard was destroyed during the disaster?
4. Where do Alex and Julie have to get in line for their first food distribution?
5. How many postcards does Alex find in his mailbox on July 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
2. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
3. Why does Alex decide to move on a Wednesday?
4. Why does Kevin get his mother vodka?
5. What does Sister Rita tell Alex when he feels guilty about Bri's death?
6. What does and does not Kevin miss since the disaster?
7. Why was Bri sent home?
8. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
9. What is a bigger problem than the earthquake on August 1?
10. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)