|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Alex's classmates' families will be leaving New York City immediately after school ends?
2. In what branch of the military does Carlos serve?
(c) Air Force.
3. What time do Alex and Julie leave their apartment to go to their first food distribution?
4. At what time does Alex finally get a dial tone so he can try to call Bri?
(a) 3:15 p.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 4:15. p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
5. What fell off Tony Loretto's dresser during the August 1 earthquake?
(c) Coffee cup.
(d) St. Anthony statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does one dead girl have in Yankee Stadium?
2. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
3. What time does Alex get up on July 1?
4. Where does Bob from 12D work?
5. How many girls are being asked to stay indefinitely at a convent in upstate New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
2. Why does Alex tell his sisters that their parents are never coming back?
3. Why doesn't Alex set with his friends when he goes to the chapel in Chapter 3?
4. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
5. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
6. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
7. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
8. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
9. Where is Uncle Jimmy and his family going and why?
10. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)