|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Uncle Jimmy wake Alex?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 2:30 a.m.
2. Where is Alex's father when the moon is hit?
(c) Puerto Rico.
3. How old is Julie?
4. At what street does Alex try to find a subway station?
5. What landmark has Alex heard was destroyed during the disaster?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) Twin Towers.
(c) Washington Monument.
(d) Empire State Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what street do Alex and Julie walk down as they head to the food distribution?
2. What do Alex and his sister have for breakfast after helping Uncle Jimmy?
3. In what classroom are class officers to meet with the new headmaster?
4. How many priests are missing when Alex first returns to school?
5. Where does Alex go to scream curses at an empty building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
2. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
3. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
4. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
5. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
6. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
7. Where do Alex and Julie get food to replace their dwindling supplies?
8. What is Briana's schedule at the farm?
9. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
10. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)