|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tony Loretto's mother believe that mandatory evacuations will occur by September?
(a) South of 45th St.
(b) East of 74th St.
(c) East of 83rd St.
(d) South of 34th St.
2. At what street does Alex try to find a subway station?
3. What classes are offered at St. Vincent de Paul by August?
(a) Theology, Latin, and church history.
(b) French, social studies, and writing.
(c) Spanish, history, and shop.
(d) Science, math, and geography.
4. In what classroom are class officers to meet with the new headmaster?
5. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bob from 12D work?
2. What time do Alex and Julie leave their apartment to go to their first food distribution?
3. In Chapter 5, which apartment has a leaking bathroom sink?
4. What do Alex and his sister have for breakfast after helping Uncle Jimmy?
5. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alex's new headmaster.
2. Who is the new headmaster for Alex's school after the disaster?
3. Why does Father Franco tell his parishioners to boil their drinking water and wear insect repellent?
4. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
5. Why does Bri think her mother hasn't called?
6. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
7. Why does Alex wake up on the sofa on June 30?
8. What does Alex learn about conditions in Puerto Rico in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Chris give Alex his father's business card?
10. Why is it thought that there will be more tsunamis?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)