|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Alex finally get a dial tone so he can try to call Bri?
(a) 4:15. p.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 3:15 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
2. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Greg Dunlap.
(b) Mario Marcetti.
(c) Bill Wong.
(d) David Andrews.
3. Which saint does Alex say must be very busy interceding for everyone who's praying?
(a) St. Jude.
(b) St. Francis.
(c) St. Christopher.
(d) St. Rafael.
4. What landmark has Alex heard was destroyed during the disaster?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) Washington Monument.
(c) Twin Towers.
(d) Empire State Building.
5. How many people are waiting in line for the bus when Alex arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. By August, how many Catholic hospitals are open in New York City?
2. How many blocks from the distribution center is the line when Alex and Julie arrive?
3. Where was Chris's sister when the disaster occurred?
4. Where does Alex go to scream curses at an empty building?
5. What fell off Tony Loretto's dresser during the August 1 earthquake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there no convents that can take Julie?
2. Why does Alex tell his sisters that their parents are never coming back?
3. Why is it so important for Alex and Julie to get to Morse before eight?
4. Why does Kevin take vodka rather than food for the items he collects body shopping?
5. What is a bigger problem than the earthquake on August 1?
6. Why does Greg Dunlap give Alex the keys to his apartment and to his neighbors' apartment?
7. Where does Brianna have a chance to go?
8. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
9. At the end of August, what happened to Julie's garden?
10. What advice does Sister Rita give Alex?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)