|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day in December does the electricity come back on?
(a) December 19.
(b) December 18.
(c) December 21.
(d) December 20.
2. Whose identification papers will Father Mulrooney give Alex?
(a) Father Williams'.
(b) Mr. Brown's.
(c) Father Bryant's.
(d) Mr. Kim's.
3. What does Tony give Alex on October 28?
(a) Cartridges for Bri's inhaler.
4. When does Alex tell Bri that they are leaving?
(a) December 11.
(b) December 10.
(c) December 12.
(d) December 13.
5. On December 3, how much snow does Alex estimate has fallen?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 6 inches.
(c) 7 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
6. What item does Alex ask if Harvey will give him on account?
7. What last thing does Alex look for before he and Julie leave?
(a) His mother's rosary.
(b) Birth certificates.
(c) Picture of his family.
(d) St. Christopher medal.
8. By Christmas Eve, how far can Alex walk without collapsing?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 11 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
9. At what street is it no longer possible to use the sled?
(a) 46th St.
(b) 74th St.
(c) 62nd St.
(d) 57th St.
10. What does Alex grab for protection after he packs up everything he can find in Harvey's place?
(a) Baseball bat.
(c) Shard of glass.
(d) Tire iron.
11. When does Julie tell her siblings that she had planned to check her lottery tickets?
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Alex's birthday.
12. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) December 29.
(b) December 27.
(c) December 25.
(d) January 1.
13. What does Harvey give Alex after he brings in Julie lottery ticket?
(b) Can of spinach.
(c) Can of pineapple.
14. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
(a) 5 degrees.
(b) 10 degrees.
(c) 20 degrees.
(d) 15 degrees.
15. What does Alex ask Julie to get to wrap Bri in?
(c) A favorite quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Sister Rita go?
2. How long had Harvey been dead when Alex found him?
3. Who is the first to ask Julie to dance at her birthday party?
4. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
5. Who does Father Mulrooney announce has died on December 6?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)