|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie fix for Bri when she returns home?
2. How much money is one of Julie's tickets worth?
3. Whose identification papers will Father Mulrooney give Alex?
(a) Mr. Kim's.
(b) Father Bryant's.
(c) Father Williams'.
(d) Mr. Brown's.
4. On December 9, how many sisters does Julie say have died?
5. What picture is on a postcard that Julie leaves with Bri?
(a) Starry Night.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A forest.
(d) Madonna and Child.
6. What is the temperature on September 16?
(a) 40 degrees.
(b) Just above freezing.
(c) 15 degrees.
(d) Below freezing.
7. How long does it take Alex and his sisters to get to 70th St. pulling the sled?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
8. A few years before the disaster, how much money did Alex's father win from lottery tickets?
9. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
(a) November 28.
(b) December 1.
(c) November 25.
(d) December 5.
10. What was the name of the hospital where Alex's mother worked?
(a) St. John of God.
(b) St. Jude's.
(d) City of Hope.
11. What time do Alex and his sisters arrive at the Port Authority?
12. Why did Bri take the elevator to the basement the day she died?
(a) To get something from her old room.
(b) To look for her mother's rosary.
(c) To write a note to her parents.
(d) To find her birth certificate.
13. Where does Alex tell Julie to go in Chapter 15 when he thinks someone has broken into their apartment?
(a) 2nd floor.
(b) 14th floor.
(c) 3rd floor.
(d) 11th floor.
14. How long was Alex sick and mostly unconscious?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) A week.
(d) 2 days.
15. What time does Alex give up trying to sleep at the beginning of Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of cereal does Harvey give Alex when Alex trades in his father's scotch and beer?
2. What would Alex have liked to eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Who is the first to ask Julie to dance at her birthday party?
4. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
5. When does Julie tell her siblings that she had planned to check her lottery tickets?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)