|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On December 9, how many sisters does Julie say have died?
2. What food is left when the Morales kids return to their apartment?
(a) Canned fruit and vegetables.
(c) Rice and spinach.
(d) Beans and macaroni.
3. Where had officials planned to move New York at first?
(a) New Mexico.
4. Why did Bri take the elevator to the basement the day she died?
(a) To look for her mother's rosary.
(b) To find her birth certificate.
(c) To write a note to her parents.
(d) To get something from her old room.
5. How much money is one of Julie's tickets worth?
6. What is Bri holding when they find her?
(d) Rosary and inhaler.
7. On what floor is Mr. Flynn's office?
8. When will the convoy leave that Mr. Flynn will make reservations for Alex and his sisters?
(a) December 19.
(b) December 21.
(c) December 16.
(d) December 12.
9. Where does Alex tell Julie that he has gone when he leaves her a note in Chapter 19?
(a) St. Vincent's.
(b) Pizza shop.
(d) St. Margaret's.
10. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
11. On what day does the furnace ran out of heating oil?
(a) November 30.
(b) November 29.
(c) December 2.
(d) December 1.
12. Where does Harvey tell Alex he can send him and Bri?
(a) South Carolina.
13. What day in December does the electricity come back on?
(a) December 21.
(b) December 19.
(c) December 18.
(d) December 20.
14. What was the name of the postulant who died?
15. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
(a) Macaronia and cheese.
(b) Spaghetti and clam sauce.
(c) Soup and sandwiches.
(d) Tuna and noodles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
2. Where will Sister Rita go?
3. Where does Alex tell Julie to go in Chapter 15 when he thinks someone has broken into their apartment?
4. What was the name of the hospital where Alex's mother worked?
5. By September 15, how many sleeping bags has Alex been able to gather?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)