|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the hospital where Alex's mother worked?
(a) St. John of God.
(b) City of Hope.
(c) St. Jude's.
2. How long does Alex think it might take to drag Bri to the Port Authority to catch the convoy?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
3. What would Alex have liked to eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(b) Minestrone soup.
(c) Peanut Butter.
4. When does Alex announce that they are moving?
(a) November 1.
(b) November 15.
(c) October 4.
(d) September 28.
5. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
(a) December 5.
(b) November 28.
(c) November 25.
(d) December 1.
6. What type of cereal does Harvey give Alex when Alex trades in his father's scotch and beer?
(a) Cocoa Puffs.
7. By September 15, how many sleeping bags has Alex been able to gather?
8. What class did Bri have with Sister Rita?
(a) 9th grade history.
(b) 9th grade English.
(c) 8th grade history.
(d) 8th grade English.
9. What does Alex take from Kevin's body to give to Father Mulrooney?
10. What does Alex miss the most since the disaster?
(b) Decent food.
11. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
12. When does Julie tell her siblings that she had planned to check her lottery tickets?
(a) Alex's birthday.
(c) Her birthday.
13. What color crepe paper is hung for Julie's birthday party?
14. On what street does Julie fall?
15. What was the name of the postulant who died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex tell Julie that he has gone when he leaves her a note in Chapter 19?
2. How long does it take Bri to get down all 12 flights of stairs from their new apartment?
3. How long had Father Mulrooney taught at St. Vincent de Paul?
4. What does Alex nearly break when he falls?
5. When does Alex tell Bri that they are leaving?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)