|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the hospital where Alex's mother worked?
(a) St. Jude's.
(b) St. John of God.
(d) City of Hope.
2. When does Alex get sick?
(a) December 17.
(b) December 18.
(c) December 16.
(d) December 15.
3. How long does Alex think it might take to drag Bri to the Port Authority to catch the convoy?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
4. How long does it take Bri to get down all 12 flights of stairs from their new apartment?
(a) An hour.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. What does Kevin give Julie for her birthday?
6. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
(a) Macaronia and cheese.
(b) Spaghetti and clam sauce.
(c) Tuna and noodles.
(d) Soup and sandwiches.
7. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
(a) January 4.
(b) January 2.
(c) January 9.
(d) January 7.
8. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
(a) November 28.
(b) December 5.
(c) November 25.
(d) December 1.
9. Why did Bri take the elevator to the basement the day she died?
(a) To look for her mother's rosary.
(b) To write a note to her parents.
(c) To get something from her old room.
(d) To find her birth certificate.
10. How many stories tall is Alex's apartment building?
11. On September 16, how long do Alex, Julie, and Kevin stand in line for the food distribution?
(a) Almost 5 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) About 6 hours.
12. At what street is it no longer possible to use the sled?
(a) 57th St.
(b) 62nd St.
(c) 74th St.
(d) 46th St.
13. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
(a) 15 degrees.
(b) 5 degrees.
(c) 20 degrees.
(d) 10 degrees.
14. What picture is on a postcard that Julie leaves with Bri?
(a) A forest.
(b) Starry Night.
(c) Madonna and Child.
(d) A mountain.
15. Where does Harvey tell Alex he can send him and Bri?
(c) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
2. When does Alex tell Bri that they are leaving?
3. When does Julie tell her siblings that she had planned to check her lottery tickets?
4. What would Alex have liked to eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. When the furnace shuts down, how many days are there until the convoy leaves?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)