|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the furnace shuts down, how many days are there until the convoy leaves?
(a) 13 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 12 days.
2. What picture is on a postcard that Julie leaves with Bri?
(a) Starry Night.
(b) A forest.
(c) A mountain.
(d) Madonna and Child.
3. What item does Alex ask if Harvey will give him on account?
4. How long does it take Alex and his sisters to get to 70th St. pulling the sled?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 3 hours.
5. By Christmas Eve, how far can Alex walk without collapsing?
(a) 11 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
6. What does Julie fix for Bri when she returns home?
7. What is the temperature on September 16?
(a) Just above freezing.
(b) Below freezing.
(c) 15 degrees.
(d) 40 degrees.
8. When does Alex announce that they are moving?
(a) September 28.
(b) October 4.
(c) November 1.
(d) November 15.
9. On what street does Julie fall?
10. How many blocks can Bri walk before having an asthma attack?
11. What does Alex take from Kevin's body to give to Father Mulrooney?
12. What color crepe paper is hung for Julie's birthday party?
13. What last thing does Alex look for before he and Julie leave?
(a) Birth certificates.
(b) His mother's rosary.
(c) Picture of his family.
(d) St. Christopher medal.
14. On September 16, what one item does Harvey refuse to trade for food?
15. What day is Julie's birthday?
(a) September 30.
(b) September 29.
(c) October 1.
(d) October 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had officials planned to move New York at first?
2. How much does Alex weigh by the first of December?
3. Whose identification papers will be given to Julie?
4. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. How many stories tall is Alex's apartment building?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)