|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Alex think he will have to shovel snow in order to get to the Port Authority?
(a) 1 ½ miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1 1/4 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
2. What picture is on a postcard that Julie leaves with Bri?
(a) Starry Night.
(b) A forest.
(c) Madonna and Child.
(d) A mountain.
3. On what day does the furnace ran out of heating oil?
(a) November 29.
(b) November 30.
(c) December 1.
(d) December 2.
4. How much money is one of Julie's tickets worth?
5. What item does Alex ask if Harvey will give him on account?
6. What does Alex ask Julie to get to wrap Bri in?
(a) A favorite quilt.
7. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) January 1.
(b) December 29.
(c) December 25.
(d) December 27.
8. How long does it take Alex and Julie to get ready to go look for Bri in Chapter 19?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
9. What day in December does the electricity come back on?
(a) December 20.
(b) December 19.
(c) December 21.
(d) December 18.
10. What color crepe paper is hung for Julie's birthday party?
11. Why did Bri take the elevator to the basement the day she died?
(a) To write a note to her parents.
(b) To find her birth certificate.
(c) To look for her mother's rosary.
(d) To get something from her old room.
12. Where do Alex and Julie take Bri's body?
(a) Back of building.
(b) St. Margaret's.
(d) Old apartment.
13. Where did Bri go on Alex's birthday?
(a) Holy Angels.
(b) St. Margaret's.
(c) St. Vincent's.
14. What does Alex miss the most since the disaster?
(c) Decent food.
15. By Christmas Eve, how far can Alex walk without collapsing?
(a) 8 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 11 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Father Mulrooney taught at St. Vincent de Paul?
2. A few years before the disaster, how much money did Alex's father win from lottery tickets?
3. What does Alex grab for protection after he packs up everything he can find in Harvey's place?
4. What type of cereal does Harvey give Alex when Alex trades in his father's scotch and beer?
5. Who does Father Mulrooney announce has died on December 6?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)