|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
2. What is Bri holding when they find her?
(a) Rosary and inhaler.
3. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
(a) Soup and sandwiches.
(b) Tuna and noodles.
(c) Macaronia and cheese.
(d) Spaghetti and clam sauce.
4. When will the convoy leave that Mr. Flynn will make reservations for Alex and his sisters?
(a) December 12.
(b) December 19.
(c) December 21.
(d) December 16.
5. When does Alex allow Bri to go to mass?
(a) September 1.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 18.
(d) September 30.
6. At what street is it no longer possible to use the sled?
(a) 57th St.
(b) 46th St.
(c) 74th St.
(d) 62nd St.
7. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
(a) January 2.
(b) January 9.
(c) January 4.
(d) January 7.
8. What does Harvey give Alex in exchange for a diamond ring and a gun?
(b) Sleeping bag.
9. When did Alex's family move to a DRU?
(a) Before Thanksgiving.
(b) Before Christmas.
(c) After Christmas.
(d) After Thanksgiving.
10. What does Tony give Alex on October 28?
(c) Cartridges for Bri's inhaler.
11. What last thing does Alex look for before he and Julie leave?
(a) His mother's rosary.
(b) St. Christopher medal.
(c) Picture of his family.
(d) Birth certificates.
12. How far does Alex think he will have to shovel snow in order to get to the Port Authority?
(a) 1 1/4 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 ½ miles.
(d) 3 miles.
13. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
(a) 20 degrees.
(b) 10 degrees.
(c) 5 degrees.
(d) 15 degrees.
14. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
15. What would Alex have liked to eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Minestrone soup.
(b) Peanut Butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose identification papers will Father Mulrooney give Alex?
2. Where do Alex and Julie take Bri's body?
3. What time do Alex and his sisters arrive at the Port Authority?
4. Where will Alex and his sisters live when they move out of their basement apartment?
5. When Alex is sick and dreaming, who does he think is standing next to his borthe Carlos sobbing hysterically?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)