|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex grab for protection after he packs up everything he can find in Harvey's place?
(a) Shard of glass.
(c) Baseball bat.
(d) Tire iron.
2. What does Alex miss the most since the disaster?
(d) Decent food.
3. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
4. When does Alex announce that they are moving?
(a) November 15.
(b) September 28.
(c) October 4.
(d) November 1.
5. What does Alex take from Kevin's body to give to Father Mulrooney?
6. When does Alex allow Bri to go to mass?
(a) September 18.
(b) September 1.
(c) September 30.
(d) September 23.
7. What temperature had Alex thought heaven would be?
8. What would Alex have liked to eat at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(c) Minestrone soup.
(d) Peanut Butter.
9. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
(a) 20 degrees.
(b) 10 degrees.
(c) 5 degrees.
(d) 15 degrees.
10. Where do Alex and Julie take Bri's body?
(b) St. Margaret's.
(c) Old apartment.
(d) Back of building.
11. Where will Alex and his sisters live when they move out of their basement apartment?
12. How long had Father Mulrooney taught at St. Vincent de Paul?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 35 years.
13. How long had Harvey been dead when Alex found him?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. What does Harvey give Alex after he brings in Julie lottery ticket?
(a) Can of spinach.
(b) Can of pineapple.
15. In what language does Bri say the Hail Mary?
(d) Puerto Rican patois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. At what street is it no longer possible to use the sled?
3. From where does a man leap when Julie and Alex are walking home from school one day?
4. By December 28, how long has it been since Alex has eaten?
5. What type of cereal does Harvey give Alex when Alex trades in his father's scotch and beer?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)