|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Alex tell Bri that they are leaving?
(a) December 10.
(b) December 13.
(c) December 11.
(d) December 12.
2. What is the name of Mr. Flynn's company?
(a) Weatherby and Associates.
(b) Flynn and Partners.
(c) Metropollitan Life Insurance.
(d) Danforth Global Insurance.
3. What time does Alex give up trying to sleep at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. On December 3, how much snow does Alex estimate has fallen?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) 7 inches.
5. What time does the cold wake Alex at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
6. How cold does Alex believe it gets in the day time after they lose heat in their apartment?
(a) 15 degrees.
(b) 5 degrees.
(c) 20 degrees.
(d) 10 degrees.
7. What food is left when the Morales kids return to their apartment?
(a) Rice and spinach.
(b) Beans and macaroni.
(d) Canned fruit and vegetables.
8. When does Julie tell her siblings that she had planned to check her lottery tickets?
(a) Her birthday.
(c) Alex's birthday.
9. When does Alex get sick?
(a) December 18.
(b) December 17.
(c) December 15.
(d) December 16.
10. What was the name of the postulant who died?
11. On what day does the furnace ran out of heating oil?
(a) November 29.
(b) December 2.
(c) December 1.
(d) November 30.
12. A few years before the disaster, how much money did Alex's father win from lottery tickets?
13. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 2 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
14. On what street does Julie fall?
15. How long does it take Alex and Julie to get ready to go look for Bri in Chapter 19?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chris Flynn's father's office?
2. When will the convoy leave that Mr. Flynn will make reservations for Alex and his sisters?
3. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
4. On September 16, how long do Alex, Julie, and Kevin stand in line for the food distribution?
5. What does Kevin give Julie for her birthday?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)