|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the postulant who died?
2. When does Alex get sick?
(a) December 18.
(b) December 15.
(c) December 16.
(d) December 17.
3. Where will Sister Rita go?
4. What class did Bri have with Sister Rita?
(a) 8th grade English.
(b) 9th grade English.
(c) 9th grade history.
(d) 8th grade history.
5. By Christmas Eve, how far can Alex walk without collapsing?
(a) 11 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 8 feet.
6. How many stories tall is Alex's apartment building?
7. When does Julie tell her siblings that she had planned to check her lottery tickets?
(b) Her birthday.
(d) Alex's birthday.
8. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
(a) Tuna and noodles.
(b) Macaronia and cheese.
(c) Spaghetti and clam sauce.
(d) Soup and sandwiches.
9. What does Alex grab for protection after he packs up everything he can find in Harvey's place?
(a) Baseball bat.
(b) Shard of glass.
(d) Tire iron.
10. When does Mr. Flynn tell Alex that the next convoy will leave New York?
(a) December 1.
(b) November 25.
(c) December 5.
(d) November 28.
11. How long does it take Alex and Julie to get ready to go look for Bri in Chapter 19?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
12. When does Alex tell Bri that they are leaving?
(a) December 13.
(b) December 11.
(c) December 10.
(d) December 12.
13. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
(a) 50 degrees.
(b) 55 degrees.
(c) 60 degrees.
(d) 65 degrees.
14. What does Julie fix for Bri when she returns home?
15. What item does Alex ask if Harvey will give him on account?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Harvey been dead when Alex found him?
2. On December 3, how much snow does Alex estimate has fallen?
3. What is the temperature on September 16?
4. Whose identification papers will Father Mulrooney give Alex?
5. What color crepe paper is hung for Julie's birthday party?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)