|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bri take the elevator to the basement the day she died?
(a) To get something from her old room.
(b) To write a note to her parents.
(c) To look for her mother's rosary.
(d) To find her birth certificate.
2. When is the next convoy that Julie might be able to take?
(a) January 7.
(b) January 2.
(c) January 4.
(d) January 9.
3. What last thing does Alex look for before he and Julie leave?
(a) St. Christopher medal.
(b) His mother's rosary.
(c) Picture of his family.
(d) Birth certificates.
4. What does Alex take from Kevin's body to give to Father Mulrooney?
5. When does Alex allow Bri to go to mass?
(a) September 1.
(b) September 30.
(c) September 23.
(d) September 18.
6. How long was Alex sick and mostly unconscious?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) A week.
7. On September 16, how long do Alex, Julie, and Kevin stand in line for the food distribution?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) About 6 hours.
(c) Almost 5 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
8. What food is left when the Morales kids return to their apartment?
(a) Rice and spinach.
(b) Canned fruit and vegetables.
(d) Beans and macaroni.
9. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on their father's birthday?
(a) Soup and sandwiches.
(b) Macaronia and cheese.
(c) Tuna and noodles.
(d) Spaghetti and clam sauce.
10. When does Alex tell Bri that they are leaving?
(a) December 13.
(b) December 11.
(c) December 10.
(d) December 12.
11. What day is Alex's father's birthday?
(a) November 9.
(b) November 7.
(c) November 8.
(d) November 10.
12. What time does Alex give up trying to sleep at the beginning of Chapter 17?
13. When Alex thinks his apartment has been broken into, how long does he wait for Julie to get away before he unlocks his apartment door?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
14. Where does Alex tell Julie to go in Chapter 15 when he thinks someone has broken into their apartment?
(a) 3rd floor.
(b) 2nd floor.
(c) 11th floor.
(d) 14th floor.
15. How long does it take Bri to get down all 12 flights of stairs from their new apartment?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will the next convoy be?
2. On December 9, how many sisters does Julie say have died?
3. By September 15, how many sleeping bags has Alex been able to gather?
4. By October, at what temperature does Alex's school keep the thermostat?
5. How much money is one of Julie's tickets worth?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)