|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on June 3?
(a) Spaghetti and red clam sauce.
(b) Spinach and pears.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Beans and rice.
2. Where were the owners of the cat in 16D when the disaster ocurred?
(c) San Lupe.
3. At what street does Alex try to find a subway station?
4. How many people will Alex have to check up on each day before school?
5. What is the name of the place where Bri is living?
(a) Wynadotte Farms.
(b) Brighton Farms.
(c) Westwood Farms.
(d) Notburga Farms.
6. Why do New Yorkers have to start boiling their water?
(d) E coli.
7. When does Father Franco think that St. Margaret's will close?
(a) Before Valentine's.
(b) In two months.
(c) Before New Year's.
(d) In three months.
8. Where is Carlos stationed?
(a) South Carolina.
9. How many of Alex's classmates' families will be leaving New York City immediately after school ends?
10. At school, who refuses to pick up a piece of paper when Alex asks that it be picked up?
11. How many postcards does Alex find in his mailbox on July 19?
12. How many people are in the Binghamton evacuation center?
13. What group of students begin to sniffle at the beginning of school in Chapter 3?
(a) 7th graders.
(b) 4th graders.
(c) 5th graders.
(d) 6th graders.
14. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
(a) May 18.
(b) June 29.
(c) April 13.
(d) July 4.
15. Where is Greg Dunlap going to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Chris's sister when the disaster occurred?
2. What time does Alex get up on July 1?
3. What time do Alex and Julie leave their apartment to go to their first food distribution?
4. What is James Flaherty's father's occupation?
5. What show are Alex's sisters watching in Chapter 4?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)