|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, which apartment has a leaking bathroom sink?
2. Where does Alex work?
(b) Fong's Restaurant.
(c) Joey's Pizza.
(d) Brooklyn Deli.
3. At what street does Alex try to find a subway station?
4. Which teacher will teach science at St. Vincent de Paul?
(a) Mr. James.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Kim.
(d) Mr. Bello.
5. What does Julie worry won't survive in her garden now that the sun isn't shining?
(c) String beans.
6. What time does Uncle Jimmy wake Alex?
(a) 2:30 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
7. At school, who refuses to pick up a piece of paper when Alex asks that it be picked up?
8. How many people will Alex have to check up on each day before school?
9. When does Father Franco tell his parishioners to begin boiling drinking water and wear insect repellent?
(a) July 6.
(b) July 4.
(c) July 5.
(d) July 3.
10. How many bodies were found in a church in Northridge, California?
11. In Chapter 7, what street do Alex and Julie walk down as they head to the food distribution?
12. When does Father Franco think that St. Margaret's will close?
(a) Before New Year's.
(b) In three months.
(c) In two months.
(d) Before Valentine's.
13. What time do Alex and Julie leave their apartment to go to their first food distribution?
14. What time does Alex get up on July 1?
15. In what classroom are class officers to meet with the new headmaster?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony Loretto's mother believe that mandatory evacuations will occur by September?
2. What group of students begin to sniffle at the beginning of school in Chapter 3?
3. Where is Carlos stationed?
4. When Alex returns to school in Chapter 3, where are students to report?
5. What subjects will the new headmaster teach?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)