|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Alex known Chris?
(a) 2 years.
(b) About 4 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) Almost 5 years.
2. What is the name of the cousin that Uncle Jimmy and his family will stay with?
(a) Pedro Jiminez.
(b) Jesus Gonzalez.
(c) Antonio Maestas.
(d) Miguel Flores.
3. What is Alex's ethnicity?
(c) Puerto Rican.
4. Where do Alex and Julie have to get in line for their first food distribution?
(a) 81st and Columbus.
(b) 83rd and Amsterdam.
(c) 84th and Amsterdam.
(d) 82nd and Columbus.
5. What time does Alex get up on July 1?
6. In what branch of the military does Carlos serve?
(b) Air Force.
7. How many girls are being asked to stay indefinitely at a convent in upstate New York?
8. In Chapter 9, who is Julie's new best friend?
9. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Greg Dunlap.
(b) Bill Wong.
(c) Mario Marcetti.
(d) David Andrews.
10. Where does Alex work?
(b) Brooklyn Deli.
(c) Fong's Restaurant.
(d) Joey's Pizza.
11. Where will girls meet who are going to a convent in upstate New York?
(a) St. Benedict's.
(b) St. John's.
(c) St. Peter's.
(d) St. Paul's.
12. By August, how many Catholic hospitals are open in New York City?
13. What time is the mass that Alex attends in Chapter 2?
(a) 7:30 a.m.
(b) 8:15 a.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 p.m.
14. By August 8, how many signatures is Alex able to get from the elderly he checks on daily?
15. How many bodies were found in a church in Northridge, California?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many new faculty members are at St. Vincent de Paul when the fall session opens?
2. What game does Alex offer to teach Julie to help pass the time?
3. On what day does Alex return to school?
4. How much does the customer pay that Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)