|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fell off Tony Loretto's dresser during the August 1 earthquake?
(a) Coffee cup.
(b) St. Anthony statue.
2. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Greg Dunlap.
(b) Bill Wong.
(c) David Andrews.
(d) Mario Marcetti.
3. On what day does the electricity come back on?
(a) May 23.
(b) May 22.
(c) May 20.
(d) May 21.
4. What is Alex's ethnicity?
(b) Puerto Rican.
5. In Chapter 7, what type of food does Kevin give Alex?
(a) Peanut Butter.
(d) Canned ham.
6. In what branch of the military does Carlos serve?
(d) Air Force.
7. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
8. What do Alex and his sisters have for supper on June 3?
(a) Spinach and pears.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Spaghetti and red clam sauce.
(d) Beans and rice.
9. What is the name of the cousin that Uncle Jimmy and his family will stay with?
(a) Pedro Jiminez.
(b) Antonio Maestas.
(c) Jesus Gonzalez.
(d) Miguel Flores.
10. What group of students begin to sniffle at the beginning of school in Chapter 3?
(a) 6th graders.
(b) 7th graders.
(c) 4th graders.
(d) 5th graders.
11. In what classroom are class officers to meet with the new headmaster?
12. When Alex returns to school in Chapter 3, where are students to report?
(b) Their first period class.
13. How many new faculty members are at St. Vincent de Paul when the fall session opens?
14. What time do Alex and Julie leave their apartment to go to their first food distribution?
15. Where does Tony Loretto's mother believe that mandatory evacuations will occur by September?
(a) East of 74th St.
(b) South of 34th St.
(c) East of 83rd St.
(d) South of 45th St.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, which apartment has a leaking bathroom sink?
2. What classes are offered at St. Vincent de Paul by August?
3. At what time does Alex finally get a dial tone so he can try to call Bri?
4. What subjects will the new headmaster teach?
5. By August, how many Catholic hospitals are open in New York City?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)