|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Father Franco think that St. Margaret's will close?
(a) In three months.
(b) Before New Year's.
(c) Before Valentine's.
(d) In two months.
2. At what street does Alex try to find a subway station?
3. Where does Alex want to go to college?
4. What is the name of the customer Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) David Andrews.
(b) Greg Dunlap.
(c) Bill Wong.
(d) Mario Marcetti.
5. In Chapter 9, who is Julie's new best friend?
6. From which apartment do Alex and Julie get Oreos and other food?
7. What time is the mass that Alex attends in Chapter 2?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 8:15 a.m.
8. How many people are in the Binghamton evacuation center?
9. What subjects will the new headmaster teach?
(a) Biology and chemistry.
(b) Economics and social studies.
(c) Latin and advanced theology.
(d) Calculus and physics.
10. Why do New Yorkers have to start boiling their water?
(d) E coli.
11. What group of students begin to sniffle at the beginning of school in Chapter 3?
(a) 7th graders.
(b) 6th graders.
(c) 4th graders.
(d) 5th graders.
12. What time does Uncle Jimmy wake Alex?
(a) 2:30 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
13. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
14. On what day does Alex's life change forever?
(a) May 18.
(b) July 4.
(c) April 13.
(d) June 29.
15. In Chapter 7, what type of food does Kevin give Alex?
(a) Canned ham.
(c) Peanut Butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie worry won't survive in her garden now that the sun isn't shining?
2. What number bus is Alex assigned to to take him to Yankee Stadium?
3. What fell off Tony Loretto's dresser during the August 1 earthquake?
4. By June 4, how many mass suicides had there been in and around Los Angeles?
5. Where does Bob from 12D work?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)