|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Carlos stationed?
(a) South Carolina.
2. Who was the headmaster before the disaster?
3. What time do Alex and Julie leave their apartment to go to their first food distribution?
4. Where does Bob from 12D work?
(a) Sanitation Department.
(b) New York U.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Daily News.
5. How many bodies were found in a church in Northridge, California?
6. How often does Alex try on Bri's birthday to get a dial tone and call her?
(a) Every half an hour.
(b) Every 15 minutes.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every 20 minutes.
7. What show are Alex's sisters watching in Chapter 4?
(a) Leave it to Beaver.
(b) I Love Lucy.
(c) The Waltons.
(d) Brady Bunch.
8. By August 8, how many signatures is Alex able to get from the elderly he checks on daily?
9. What does Alex eat for lunch at school on August 8?
(a) Peanut butter sandwich.
(b) Spinach and bread.
(c) Boiled potatoes and canned carrots.
10. By August, how many Catholic hospitals are open in New York City?
11. When does Father Franco think that St. Margaret's will close?
(a) In three months.
(b) Before New Year's.
(c) In two months.
(d) Before Valentine's.
12. In what apartment is there a problem with the plumbing?
13. By the time Briana is invited to live in a convent, how much food do she and her siblings have left?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 1 week.
14. At school, who refuses to pick up a piece of paper when Alex asks that it be picked up?
15. How many girls are being asked to stay indefinitely at a convent in upstate New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what street do Alex and Julie walk down as they head to the food distribution?
2. How much does the customer pay that Alex is helping at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. When do the vegetables in Julie's garden die?
4. What subjects will the new headmaster teach?
5. Where does Alex sleep at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)