Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter One and Chapter Two
1. Why is Alex's father gone at the time the novel opens?
2. What will determine if Alex is able to attend Georgetown?
3. What does Alex see when he approaches his apartment after work on May 18?
4. Why does Briana think that the blackout has something to do with the moon?
5. What did Uncle Jimmy say happened to cause the emergency?
6. What does Alex learn about the situation in New York from the television news stations?
This section contains 787 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)