* After his shift at a pizza parlor, Alex Morales hurries home thinking about college and whether he will become junior class president..
* On his way, he sees emergency vehicles and wonders what has happened.
* At home he discovers that the power and cable are out, and his mother had been called back to work at the hospital.
* Briana, Alex's fifteen-year-old sister, is worried, but prays for comfort.
* His younger sister, Julie just whines about the heat.
* Alex takes charge and suggests that the girls go to bed.
* Around 4:30 a.m., Jimmy is awakened by his Uncle Jimmy.
* They wake the girls, and Alex and Julie go to Uncle Jimmy's store to pack up food before looters break in.
* During the ride to the store, Uncle Jimmy explains that an asteroid has hit the moon moving it closer to earth.
* This has caused tsunamis...
This section contains 3,469 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)