|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis learn to help him in the future?
2. What does Bill discover has happened at Tynsham?
(a) The plague has hit.
(b) The people have rioted.
(c) The people have fled.
(d) The people have been killed by triffids.
3. What does Josella realize as she explains her escape from Russell Square, and the gunshot?
(a) That Bill was the one who fired the shot.
(b) That Miss Durrant was the one who fired the shot.
(c) That Susan was the one who fired the shot.
(d) That Coker was the one who fired the shot.
4. What does Coker believe Miss Durrant will do?
(a) Find a lover.
(b) Run Tynsham into the ground.
(c) Seduce the priest.
(d) Leave Tynsham.
5. What happened to Joan and Ted?
(a) They died of starvation.
(b) They died of plague.
(c) They disappeared when they went for help.
(d) They died in an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Bill have after his long first day searching for Josella?
2. How does Dennis keep from becoming lost?
3. Who does Bill find at the cottage?
4. What does the dark haired man in Beaminster want to open?
5. What does Susan tell Bill to do at the end of Chapter Thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the small groups located by helicopter in Chapter Twelve choose not to join other groups?
2. Describe how Joyce became poisoned and how she was saved.
3. Explain some of the mishaps that befall Bill as he journey's to find Josella.
4. Explain what Coker wants of the new sighted captives.
5. Explain what Bill finds at Tynsham.
6. Describe how Bill finds Josella.
7. Describe Miss Durrant's views, and her Tynsham community.
8. Explain Bill's argument that an immediate need for harvest is not necessary.
9. Explain Coker's argument about why the young woman at Tynsham is at fault for not getting the lights back on.
10. Describe what happens to Bill at the beginning of Chapter Eight, in terms of how he is kidnapped.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)