|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bill find at the cottage?
(d) Miss Durrant.
2. Who does the young woman in Beaminster believe is coming to save them?
(a) No one.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Americans.
3. What does Susan say about her previous meals of junk food?
(a) They were not satisfying.
(b) They were delicious.
(c) They were pleasant.
(d) They were filling.
4. What method does the group use next to search for Beadley's party?
(a) A tank.
(b) A fighter jet.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A boat.
5. What does Miss Durrant see as the fall of mankind?
(a) Decadence, immorality, and lack of faith.
(b) Laziness and stubbornness.
(d) Thanklessness and selfishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Bill leave at the end of Chapter Eight?
2. What does Bill fear has happened to Josella?
3. At University Tower, where does the writing say the community has gone?
4. What does Coker explain is Bill's new job?
5. What does Josella realize as she explains her escape from Russell Square, and the gunshot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to Bill at the beginning of Chapter Eight, in terms of how he is kidnapped.
2. Explain how Coker describes himself, and his abilities.
3. Explain some of the mishaps that befall Bill as he journey's to find Josella.
4. Explain why the young woman comes to Bill in his room in Chapter Eight, and his reaction.
5. Why do you think the small groups located by helicopter in Chapter Twelve choose not to join other groups?
6. Describe how Joyce became poisoned and how she was saved.
7. Explain Coker's argument about why the young woman at Tynsham is at fault for not getting the lights back on.
8. Explain what Coker wants of the new sighted captives.
9. Explain what Bill finds at Tynsham.
10. Describe the three people Bill and Coker meet in Beaminster.
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)