|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan say about her previous meals of junk food?
(a) They were delicious.
(b) They were pleasant.
(c) They were filling.
(d) They were not satisfying.
2. What does Coker believe Miss Durrant will do?
(a) Seduce the priest.
(b) Find a lover.
(c) Run Tynsham into the ground.
(d) Leave Tynsham.
3. Where does Bill search second for Josella?
(b) University Tower.
4. What does Bill learn Coker did at the University?
(a) Faked a fire to kidnap the sighted.
(b) Faked a fire to kidnap the blind.
(c) Set a fire to kill the sighted.
(d) Set a fire to kidnap the sighted.
5. Why can Bill leave at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) Most of his group have died of plague, and the rest have been shot.
(b) Most of his group have been shot, and the rest have escaped.
(c) Most of his group have starved, and the rest have escaped.
(d) Most of his group have fled, as the rest are dying of plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young blind woman offer Bill at the end of Chapter Eight?
2. What does Bill notice about his hands?
3. What does Bill reiterate to Coker about triffids?
4. What happens when Bill drives too fast in the small town?
5. Why does Bill argue Coker would be better with Beadley group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Coker came to remain sighted.
2. What was Coker's response to Miss Durrant's chastising of his brutal methods at University Tower?
3. Explain how Susan comes to travel with Bill.
4. Explain how Coker describes himself, and his abilities.
5. Describe how Joyce became poisoned and how she was saved.
6. Explain what Bill finds at Tynsham.
7. Explain why the young woman comes to Bill in his room in Chapter Eight, and his reaction.
8. Describe Miss Durrant's views, and her Tynsham community.
9. Describe how Bill first discovers the plague, its symptoms, and its result.
10. Describe how Bill finds Josella.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)