|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill eventually see in the darkness?
(a) An answering fire.
(b) Answering headlights.
(c) An answering smoke signal.
(d) An answering light.
2. Where does Bill find Josella's district to be?
(c) Lake District.
3. What does Dennis learn to help him in the future?
4. What saved Joyce's life?
(a) Dennis and Mary's ability to care for her.
(b) An antidote.
(c) A local doctor.
5. Who finds Bill in Russell Square?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill help the young woman do at the end of Chapter Eight?
2. Why can Joyce not be moved?
3. What does Alf admit he thinks about whether people are coming to rescue them?
4. Why can Mary not be moved?
5. What does Bill note about the sheep and cattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shirning Farm.
2. Describe Bill's view of loneliness.
3. What was Coker's response to Miss Durrant's chastising of his brutal methods at University Tower?
4. Explain what Coker wants of the new sighted captives.
5. Describe the three people Bill and Coker meet in Beaminster.
6. Explain how Coker meets with Bill again.
7. Explain how Susan comes to travel with Bill.
8. Explain Bill's argument that an immediate need for harvest is not necessary.
9. Describe how Coker came to remain sighted.
10. Explain what Bill finds at Tynsham.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)